[Trade] Marino to Utah

1 minute ago, Provost said:

When I had mentioned the idea of Hronek going to Utah because they didn't have any defence signed, it was because they were going to make moves like this.  Tampa got a haul for Sergachev who they couldn't afford and then Marino is inbound.

They could take a run at Trouba with the cap space they have as well and go from zero D to one of the better corps in the league.

Sergachev-Trouba
Zadorov-Durzi
Valimakki-Marino

Something like that, I think Zadorov ends up somewhere like Toronto though

8 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Not sure who has been there but in my opinion it’s the most beautiful city in NA, it beats van because it doesn’t rain 330 days a year. 

Smaller in size and population than Vancouver and less multi-cultural.  SLC doesn't have the benefit of the ocean at your doorstep.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Something like that, I think Zadorov ends up somewhere like Toronto though

I actually think Toronto too.  They like overpaying for guys, he is also exactly what they need... and he likes the limelight so being a fan favourite in Toronto is even better than being a fan favourite in Vancouver.

We will see if free agents aren't scared of signing to a "new" team in Utah and they could easily be a playoff team this season.  Just shows how incompetent the Arizona experiment was.  An owner actually willing to field a competitive team can do it.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

I actually think Toronto too.  They like overpaying for guys, he is also exactly what they need... and he likes the limelight so being a fan favourite in Toronto is even better than being a fan favourite in Vancouver.

We will see if free agents aren't scared of signing to a "new" team in Utah and they could easily be a playoff team this season.  Just shows how incompetent the Arizona experiment was.  An owner actually willing to field a competitive team can do it.

Yeah, I think he wants to have his cake and eat it too

I think Utah could be a dark horse, quite impressed thus far

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Wasn’t this supposed to be our plan B after Big Z in filling out the defence?

Who is plan C? 

Matt Roy hasn't extended yet, so he may hit UFA

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

You really like that guy eh? He seems so average to me

Of the RD who could go to market, yeah

I really like the idea of having a strong right side, he just needs to be a legit second pairing RD given Hronek will be the top pairing guy 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

Not sure who has been there but in my opinion it’s the most beautiful city in NA, it beats van because it doesn’t rain 330 days a year. 

You can also have 32 wives being the Mormon state and all 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Of the RD who could go to market, yeah

I really like the idea of having a strong right side, he just needs to be a legit second pairing RD given Hronek will be the top pairing guy 

Fancy stats leads me to believe he'd work well with Hughes and should up his offense playing with Huggy.

It would leave the question of who plays beside Hronek/Myers. Don't think we have that answer down on the farm.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Fancy stats leads me to believe he'd work well with Hughes and should up his offense playing with Huggy.

It would leave the question of who plays beside Hronek/Myers. Don't think we have that answer down on the farm.

Probably not right now, no 

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy?-?

Soucy?-Myers 

Be interesting to see how it plays out, I'm hoping we grab a legit top 4 guy though 

Was kinda hoping for Marino but Utah beat us to the punch, they also had assets to spare that we don't 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

Marino would have been nice, NJD got more than I thought they would and more than what they paid. But I'm not worried we will get Dillon and Hakanpaa. I'm still hopeful that PA can swing a deal for Korczak from Vegas but that's highly unlikely 

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy?-?

Soucy?-Myers 

Be interesting to see how it plays out, I'm hoping we grab a legit top 4 guy though 

Was kinda hoping for Marino but Utah beat us to the punch, they also had assets to spare that we don't 

With ya on all that, Coco.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy?-?

Soucy?-Myers 

I think its more:

Hughes-Hronek

UFA/trade-UFA/trade

Soucy-Myers

Juuls 

• ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

I think Soucy/Myers is PA/RT idea of 3-4 judging on the signing, Zads walking, and comments about Juulson looking like the 3rd pairing RD. 

looks like the plan is

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Meyers

UFA - Juulson

Freidman, Woo?

I’m not too confident with this choice, but we’ll see. Hopefully there’s more to it then that…

5 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I think Soucy/Myers is PA/RT idea of 3-4 judging on the signing, Zads walking, and comments about Juulson looking like the 3rd pairing RD. 

looks like the plan is

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Meyers

UFA - Juulson

Freidman, Woo?

I’m not too confident with this choice, but we’ll see. Hopefully there’s more to it then that…

I can't (and hope we don't) see that happening when we have 14.5m in cap.  PAJR have to have something cookin as we can't go into next season with that d group and expect to be competitive.  

• Like 1