Riley Patterson | C

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ya he was rookie of the month a couple times or something too.

for where we got him this is going to be my favourite pick of the draft I think.

Looks very projectable and we can develop him nice and slow.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Its stupidly early to make such a statement, but I like the Patterson pick more than Fernstrom.

Different protected outcomes. Fernstrom would hopefully be a top 6 where Patterson a middle or bottom 6.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Different protected outcomes. Fernstrom would hopefully be a top 6 where Patterson a middle or bottom 6.

Just personally, I’m always wary of “motor issues” and terms like “soft”. That’s where pretty much all of my Fernstrom concerns lie. Inner competitiveness, as in the cases of Virt and OJ, are often not something learned….you either have it or you don’t.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Just personally, I’m always wary of “motor issues” and terms like “soft”. That’s where pretty much all of my Fernstrom concerns lie. Inner competitiveness, as in the cases of Virt and OJ, are often not something learned….you either have it or you don’t.

He's got a couple Swedish legends to look up to and learn from.  If anything, we have the right environment to light that fire in him.

This guy reminds me a lot of Fraser Minten who was picked 38th overall by Toronto and the Toronto sports Network think will be the steal of that years draft. They have basically the same stat line and playing style as far as I can tell 

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Oh sure, and those are valid concerns Fernstrom will have to overcome. If he does though...

• Like 1