Anthony Romani | RW

1 minute ago, EliPeterson40 said:

Wishful thinking, I suppose. It’s been so long lol

I hear you. I actually can’t remember the last Canuck prospect on Team Canada. Virtanen’s disastrous tournament is obviously memorable for all the wrong reasons, lol.

4 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I hear you. I actually can’t remember the last Canuck prospect on Team Canada. Virtanen’s disastrous tournament is obviously memorable for all the wrong reasons, lol.

Gadjovich, Virtanen, and Hodgson are the only ones I can think of. 
Man looking back on that Virtanen world juniors 😅 some serious fore-shadowing there.

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Given where we are at in the draft, I don't mind this at all.

If they had picked him last year & then he went on to have the season he did, I think everyone would be pleased.

Kinda similar to mynio

mynio his draft year was buried on a good team D+1 thrived and looked like he shoulda gone higher in the draft

I sometimes think if they moved the draft age +1 the success rate of drafting would be so much higher. I like this draft pick.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I always get a bit nervous with an overage pick with this clubs history with them.

But can't fault the numbers 

See, the thing is, these picks are okay. What shouldn't be okay is drafting a player like this with a 2nd rounder (Mallet, Gillis top pick one year after trading away the first round pick).

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, R3aL said:

Kinda similar to mynio

mynio his draft year was buried on a good team D+1 thrived and looked like he shoulda gone higher in the draft

I sometimes think if they moved the draft age +1 the success rate of drafting would be so much higher. I like this draft pick.

It very well could!

anyone know the youngest age a player can be drafted for in other leagues Like: NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL.

was there not some whispers or a rumour thrown out earlier this year about the age maybe getting raised to 19?

16 hours ago, R3aL said:

Kinda similar to mynio

If I remember looking at the determinants of success for draft pics it is the ones that excel at an early age that have the highest likelihood of success. 
‘Clearly we are dealing with very complex biological and social systems so this is more trend than a rule. 
‘I think the NBA went up one year because they didn’t tend to use development leagues like hockey does and they were having a lot of issues with maturity of players coming in.  They also had the problem of the NCAA rules making them ineligible when they go into the draft.