(Trade) Tanev's UFA Rights to Toronto

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Benn is running out of gas and Oettinger did nothing to instill confidence in that group, if we won Game 7 against Edmonton were talking about the Canucks 4th Finals appearance right now. 

Only thing going for them is they have a solid group of younger guys in Robertson, Hintz, Johnston, Stankoven, Heiskanen, and Harley.  

Looking at their Capfriendly page is weird... they've only got 2 defencemen under contract right now (still need to re-sign Harley).  A LOT of work ahead of them... needing 4 forwards, 5 defencemen, and another goalie.  $19M in cap to do it.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Only thing going for them is they have a solid group of younger guys in Robertson, Hintz, Johnston, Stankoven, Heiskanen, and Harley.  

Looking at their Capfriendly page is weird... they've only got 2 defencemen under contract right now (still need to re-sign Harley).  A LOT of work ahead of them... needing 4 forwards, 5 defencemen, and another goalie.  $19M in cap to do it.

The one advantage they do have is they can at least stock up on depth forwards but that still makes filling that defence and goalie as a hell of a chore 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Benn is running out of gas and Oettinger did nothing to instill confidence in that group, if we won Game 7 against Edmonton were talking about the Canucks 4th Finals appearance right now. 

That's debatable. Edmonton PP did get them over the top against Dallas, and we know how quite bad the power play the Canucks have been in the post season. 

I think Dallas would have found a way to beat the Canucks in ways that didn't work against the Oilers 

Edited by iinatcc

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Oettinger was garbage though and Vancouver>Edmonton 5 on 5

I'm not the best person to point out the reasons but I think Drance made some good points on what he didn't think the Canucks would have gotten past the Stars. The Power play being one of them 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

I'm not the best person to point out the reasons but I think Drance made some good points on what he didn't think the Canucks would have gotten past the Stars. The Power play being one of them 

fresh demko (who lives rent free in deboer's head), absolutely fired up to join his teammates after they pull through without him, would carry that team on his back. guaranteed.  

• Cheers 1