[Speculation] Oilers Rumors: Edmonton Looking to Trade Evander Kane

If Edmonton retained 50% with another team retaining a further 25%, I would be open to trading a once-fucked chicken (donated by @Devron) for him with performance bonuses that included playing 82 games without being a dickwad.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

If Edmonton retained 50% with another team retaining a further 25%, I would be open to trading a once-fucked chicken (donated by @Devron) for him with performance bonuses that included playing 82 games without being a dickwad.

Myers will just throw his sweats into the showers again.....no thanks.

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Myers will just throw his sweats into the showers again.....no thanks.

For all the BS that guy pulled over the years, getting upset about an athlete is a sweatsuit just seems dumb. I think the idea that professional hockey players need to dress like bankers is so antiquated and dumb. Do they really think putting an athlete in a suit helps bring in new millennial customers. 

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

For all the BS that guy pulled over the years, getting upset about an athlete is a sweatsuit just seems dumb. I think the idea that professional hockey players need to dress like bankers is so antiquated and dumb. Do they really think putting an athlete in a suit helps bring in new millennial customers. 

It's about looking professional. It was worse before. Considering in the 30's-50's, if you wore say a bomber jacket and walked into the Leafs locker room. They would pull you aside. Get you to go with a team rep or another player, and you'd get a coat, hat, and suit so you'd "Look like a Leaf". A Leafs rookie went into MLG all proud of his fur coat (Because it was snowing) they took him to get into a suit and coat right away.

It's considered "work". What you wear away from the rink is your own business.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's about looking professional. It was worse before. Considering in the 30's-50's, if you wore say a bomber jacket and walked into the Leafs locker room. They would pull you aside. Get you to go with a team rep or another player, and you'd get a coat, hat, and suit so you'd "Look like a Leaf". A Leafs rookie went into MLG all proud of his fur coat (Because it was snowing) they took him to get into a suit and coat right away.

It's considered "work". What you wear away from the rink is your own business.

Yes and that is exactly what I said, antiquated and somewhat prejudiced against anyone who doesn’t work in an office. Shit, even in offices these days suits are becoming less and less common. 
‘It is considered work sure, but so is construction and I don’t see a lot of suits and hard hat combos.  
‘Antiquated and archaic. Most of the guys wear a suit to get on an airplane and then immediately change into regular clothing on the plane. Coaches are on the bench in golf shirts frequently now. 
‘Let these guys dress how they want, let them play with fashion more if they want to like Zads does. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This has Treliving written all over it. He'll blow 12 mil on this douche and big Z.

He will spend that kind of money on Zadorov and Tanev probably.

I don't like Kane, he was an a-hole to play against, but I wonder what it would be like to have that nastiness on our team. Would we feel differently if he was playing hard and battling in a Canucks uniform? I'd feel a bit dirty bringing him to the team, but if he played with Petey, could he turn out to be a good team guy and help Petey produce? Tocchet might really like that size and grittiness.

Podkolzin and Hirose for Kane

Kane had 6 more goals last season than Podkolzin has had in his whole NHL career.

• Wiener 1

I thought Kane had kinda resurrected his career in Edmonton. I felt he played a decent game but his offence tailed off before the season ended. He was on the 3rd line and wasn't happy. Apparently he got injured playing the Canucks in Round 2. 

Kane doesn't fit in Vancouver for the money he is being paid. I rather the team look elsewhere at his age.  

Fuck this guy! Probably have to get rid of him or Draisaitl won't re-sign..

Such a P.O.S! Players don't even want this child abandoning scumbag in their locker room. Such a cancer. Hard pass..

Will be THRILLED when this Muppet is out of the league!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

To be fair, I never said I wanted Kane, just that it'd be a way to weaponize the salary cap for once and to also fill a couple of spots on the roster 

We’re trying to win weaponizing cap for a mediocre cancerous winger does nothing to help that. 

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Id rather try and get Lavoie out of the deal than retention

Edited by stawns

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I don't like Kane, he was an a-hole to play against, but I wonder what it would be like to have that nastiness on our team. Would we feel differently if he was playing hard and battling in a Canucks uniform? I'd feel a bit dirty bringing him to the team, but if he played with Petey, could he turn out to be a good team guy and help Petey produce? Tocchet might really like that size and grittiness.

Podkolzin and Hirose for Kane

Kane had 6 more goals last season than Podkolzin has had in his whole NHL career.

23 year old PF just starting his career vs 32 year old soon to be out of the league.  JR and PL are not dumb.

• Thanks 1