Tampa Bay acquire the rights to Jake Guentzel

9 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks only have four Top 6 players. Suter is not a Top 6 player.

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

? - Petey - ?

Maybe five if Lekkerimaki makes the team. Petey needs quality wingers.

The D

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

? - Juulsen

Friedman

I'm not too confident in this D core

I think the Canucks need to do some wild things. 

No because the only two players we are missing in comparison to the last offseason are Kuzmenko and Cole

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

When have we ever been in a position to land a top free agent?

We’ve always been cap strapped or not a destination free agents want to come to.

I would say we’re in a very rare position where we’re a good team and we have quite a bit of cap.

That being said if they’re not getting Guentzel then they need to spread that cap around and get as much depth as possible. Two D men and two top 9 forwards and cheaper short term deals.

Careful what you ask for....Remember "Messier" & "Sundin"?  LOL 

The right fit also matters IMO  

He’s not signed yet? Right

they can’t sign 8 years so unless JG really wants to be there I see no reason why he doesn’t wait for tomorrow to get wined and dined and 69’d

but Adam Larsson broke my heart years ago I’m ready again

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Weird he's still not locked up by Florida...

It probably gets done though, factoring in tax and the cost of what another team would have to pay over seven years to match 8x9-9.5M means any variance in dollars probably wouldn't be all that big for Reinhart

29 minutes ago, Devron said:

Imagine just giving away 10 years of competitive hockey 

10 years of hockey?  

Petey is signed for 8 and his awful attitude and horrible play has me concerned.  Do I hope he grows up and becomes humble and plays to his contract absolutely.  I'd love nothing more.   If he turns into huberdeau then yes...we will be giving away 8 years of competitive hockey with the worst contract vancouver has ever signed.  If calgary could trade huberdeau for Crosby you don't think they'd do it?   Lastly....I'm playing around here.  Not all that serious

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

10 years of hockey?  

Petey is signed for 8 and his awful attitude and horrible play has me concerned.  Do I hope he grows up and becomes humble and plays to his contract absolutely.  I'd love nothing more.   If he turns into huberdeau then yes...we will be giving away 8 years of competitive hockey with the worst contract vancouver has ever signed.  If calgary could trade huberdeau for Crosby you don't think they'd do it?   Lastly....I'm playing around here.  Not all that serious

I don’t see it that way.  But funny post. I do know that fans can be very short sighted 

Lots of moving parts in the last few days from teams - will have to wait to see if the FA offers start to skyrocket a bit.  I just hope the Canucks don't overpay having taken a few years to get the cap space back to reasonable levels. 

Some sites were indicating 10M+ for some players - you can probably get 2-3 decent personnel for that money. IMO, want the team to have good balanced depth - instead of a very expensive core.  When you concentrate on 2-3 expensive players, plans seem to (at least in Vancouver's case) be derailed at the worst times because of injury.  Get some good balanced depth and at least you can move around parts to offset some areas plus to handle playing time management which is needed for a 82 game schedule.

This team already has a pretty decent core and need supplement parts - not 10M+ players IMO

2 minutes ago, PavelB said:

Jake, be resilient, the Penguins are eagerly anticipating your arrival in Vancouver. Remember, money can't buy happiness!

Money can buy a lot of happiness 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I mean, Tampa only traded for his rights and have a day to sign him...

Pretty high price to pay if you’re not certain though.

You would think he gave them a strong indication he would sign with them.