[BUYOUT] Soup Cans on the Move

Looks like the Coilers are buying out the first ballot Hall of Famer Jack "Soup Cans" Campbell.

Placed on unconditional waivers --> https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/jack-campbell-lands-on-unconditional-waivers/

This will do wonders for the Coilers and their cap space. Holland can now sign another albatross contract as his last act before wandering out the door. 

image.thumb.png.39716a396b268cabd3df2597dfba353a.png

Coilers have  $12,933,333 Cap Space with 14/23 players signed. I would hazard a guess that they will try hard to jettison Kane now that they have bitten the bullet on buying out Campbell.

Edited by Rocket-68

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Looks like the Coilers are buying out the first ballot Hall of Famer Jack "Soup Cans" Campbell.

Placed on unconditional waivers --> https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/jack-campbell-lands-on-unconditional-waivers/

This will do wonders for the Coilers and their cap space. Holland can now sign another albatross contract as his last act before wandering out the door. 

image.thumb.png.39716a396b268cabd3df2597dfba353a.png

Coilers have  $12,933,333 Cap Space with 14/23 players signed. I would hazard a guess that they will try hard to jettison Kane now that they have bitten the bullet on buying out Campbell.

Holland is a goner. Unless he signs/extends someone today as a parting gift.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Holland is a goner. Unless he signs/extends someone today as a parting gift.

I would laugh so fucking hard if he did.  Nothing quite like the double middle finger salute as you walk out the door.  :classic_laugh:

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I would laugh so fucking hard if he did.  Nothing quite like the double middle finger salute as you walk out the door.  :classic_laugh:

twerk-twerking.gif

Holland as he extends Troy Stecher 7x$5M AAV on the steps of Rogers Arena ... no disrespect to TS

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

twerk-twerking.gif

Holland as he extends Troy Stecher 7x$5M AAV on the steps of Rogers Arena ... no disrespect to TS

And then trade away all of their 2025 picks (3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th rounds) to Carolina to get exclusive signing rights for Antti Raanta, and then give him the ol' 13x7 retirement contract treatment.  Cap space?  They don't need no freakin' cap space!  :hurhur:

• Haha 1

Saw this post on the Boqvist unconditional waivers thread 

and so I poked around in capfriendly and found that Campbell also shows as bought out:

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jack-campbell

image.png.55ccfb521691223a28afa934885ad2c8.png

Is capfriendly jumping the gun?  Or are they assuming that they've already cleared?

7 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Always a good idea to take goalie rejects from Toronto (and before anybody mentioned Tuuka Rask, they dealt him before the Laffs had a chance to contaminate him 🥸🤣

How about zamboni drivers?  :classic_ninja:

(asking for a friend)

• Haha 1