Edmonton Oilers place goaltender Jack Campbell on unconditional waivers for the purpose of buyout.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sharks?

Canucks? 

Campbell has buyout money to secure him financially. Maybe he can be signed as a cheaper backup than DeSmith. 

Plus if there's one organization where Campbell can return to form it's with the Canucks' goalie system.  

42 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Canucks? 

Campbell has buyout money to secure him financially. Maybe he can be signed as a cheaper backup than DeSmith. 

Plus if there's one organization where Campbell can return to form it's with the Canucks' goalie system.  

If Clark can't fix him, no one can.

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well they need a better goalie and couple D if they want a cup.

Where will the money come from.

One more year with Leon so they must go all in.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded at the deadline. The Oilers are going to take a step back, and his haul will go a long way to help the rebuild. Better then losing him for nothing.

2 hours ago, Donald Trump said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded at the deadline. The Oilers are going to take a step back, and his haul will go a long way to help the rebuild. Better then losing him for nothing.

Actually if he gets traded it might just give them two players that will make them better,plus picks.

I think Campbell has given us all the "ick", and I'm the furthest thing from a fan: 

1719764578160.png

But if we're looking for a cheap third string to bounce between Van and Abby, he definitely fits the bill.

I don't personally think he's too washed to be part of an AHL tandem, but I'd be concerned if he were relied on to play more than a handful of NHL games.