[Report] Jackets to buy out Boqvist if he clears waivers

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Our backend gets smaller, softer and easier to play against with him in the line up...if he's not injured.

He can carry the puck and distribute it well though. 

Yup, not a good Big Z replacement at all

• Upvote 2

I'd take a stab at this.  Smaller, softer yes, but not every player needs to be the same.  He can skate and provide some offensive flair on the right side........with room yo grow and develop.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd take a stab at this.  Smaller, softer yes, but not every player needs to be the same.  He can skate and provide some offensive flair on the right side........with room yo grow and develop.

maybe if we had Z locked down? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

We can afford to take a flyer on players like this when we have Juuslsen and Friedman penciled in.

Low risk/big reward are exactly the moves we need to be making right now with not enough cap to fill all the holes on the roster.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

I would love to see what he can do in a canucks jersey

He'd probably be lower cost, his deal was 2.6M and I don't expect him to get that again. Depends on the ask really.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Could be a lower cost acquisition, if he'd be willing to take a haircut on what he was making in Columbus maybe there'd be something there

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He'd probably be lower cost, his deal was 2.6M and I don't expect him to get that again. Depends on the ask really.

Could be a lower cost acquisition, if he'd be willing to take a haircut on what he was making in Columbus maybe there'd be something there

I'm betting he's going to be taking a major haircut on that deal and probably a 1-2 year deal to try and revitalize his career

• Cheers 2

Jackets have way too many young players on their team and a lot of them struggling.  Boquist would

do well on a structured team that has coaches that believe in continued efforts to train players.

He's got the skill, but has a long list of injuries; especially to his right shoulder. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Would totally take a flyer on him. 1.25 million, can park him in the AHL if needed, but can also see how he responds to Foote and Gonchar teaching him how to play defense.  Look how Myers did under them.

Crazy that he’s still just 23 years old.

Picking him up on the cheap and having him become a top player could make up for dumping Forsling.

• Cheers 1