[Signing] Leafs sign Domi

• Coconuts changed the title to [Signing] Leafs sign Domi

That's a REALLY good cap hit for what he brings.  Nearly 50pts per season and the intangibles he brings too.  He is $1M+ under market value here.  He's still only 29yo.

Edited by HKSR

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's a REALLY good cap hit for what he brings.  Nearly 50pts per season and the intangibles he brings too.  He is $1M+ under market value here.  He's still only 29yo.

🤣🤣intangibles. This is the wrong Domi for that. 

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

🤣🤣intangibles. This is the wrong Domi for that. 

Why? He's still a bulldog out there.  He's basically a Hoglander + Garland in one.  For $3.75M.

• Upvote 1

Why? He's still a bulldog out there.  He's basically a Hoglander + Garland in one.  For $3.75M.

Wildly over-rated player IMHO people still believe he is more like his father than the truth. 
‘Always looked more like a poodle than bulldog when I have watched him, though to be fair I rarely noticed him when he was on the ice he is such a non-descript player if it wasn’t for the Leaf heritage.

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Wildly over-rated player IMHO people still believe he is more like his father than the truth. 
‘Always looked more like a poodle than bulldog when I have watched him, though to be fair I rarely noticed him when he was on the ice he is such a non-descript player if it wasn’t for the Leaf heritage.

I think its your Leafs bias that has you coming to those conclusions.  If you watched the Leafs in the playoffs, he was arguably their best player.  Even all of that aside... 50pt player for $3.75M is an incredibly good deal.  That's a fact.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I think its your Leafs bias that has you coming to those conclusions.  If you watched the Leafs in the playoffs, he was arguably their best player.  Even all of that aside... 50pt player for $3.75M is an incredibly good deal.  That's a fact.

Best Leaf player in the playoffs is a low bar. Like saying he is their best goalie or best D, very faint praise. 
I have never liked Domi and never understood the fascination with him when Bo was here, now that he is gone I really don’t get it. 

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Best Leaf player in the playoffs is a low bar. Like saying he is their best goalie or best D, very faint praise. 
I have never liked Domi and never understood the fascination with him when Bo was here, now that he is gone I really don’t get it. 

Meh, I just see a great deal on a player that has clearly learned how to play in the playoffs (he put up 13 points in 19 playoff games for the Stars 2 years ago too).

This is what I mean, people recognize his father’s name and think of him. 
Last year Joshua 245 hits in 63 games. 3.89

Last year Domi had a career year for hits, 54 in 80 for 0.63 a full 50% higher than his career average. 

That is not the player Max Domi is. That is the player Tie Domi was. 

Edited by DrJockitch

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

This is what I mean, people recognize his father’s name and think of him. 
Last year Joshua 245 hits in 63 games. 3.89

Last year Domi had a career year for hits, 54 in 80 for 0.63 a full 50% higher than his career average. 

That is not the player Max Domi is. That is the player Tie Domi was. 

I don't think many of us look at Max Domi and think he plays like Tie Domi.  Not many players in this league played like Tie Domi. Period.

What I do see is a 50ish point producer that is being paid like a 35 to 40 point producer while also having a high effort and compete level.  Hits doesn't define high effort and compete.