GML 2024-25 (One expansion space available!)

4 hours ago, Dak Prescott said:

The Wild will not match and take the comp

Today is a very good day to be a Columbus Blue Jacket. We think Macelli will be a star in this league and immediately see him as a core piece on both our up and coming team, and Utah’s. 

xxxx - Hughes - Pastrnak 

Buch - Pinto - Macelli 

Slafkovsky - Norris - Brink 

Kubalik - Barré-Boulet - Bastian 

Shaw 

Oleksiak - Faber 

Kulikov - Trouba 

Thomson - Cernak 

Merrill, Phillips

xxxx

Nedeljkovic

Columbus calls up Lassi Thomson and has a trade in the trade call to become cap compliant. We are now in the market for a starting goalie and a #1 LD. We still have Washington’s 1st round pick and a plethora of solid prospects to make that happen. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

SIGNING: The Chicago Blackhawks have signed James van Riemsdyk to a two-year contract.

small.png - James van Riemsdyk - Two-year contract worth $4.0 million dollars ($2.0m per season)

----------------------------------

arby18_ AGENCY

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have signed Ilya Lyubushkin to a three-year contract.

small.png - Ilya Lyubushkin - Three-year contract worth $6.9 million dollars ($2.3m per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

Edited by arby18

SIGNING: The San Jose Sharks have signed Jaret Anderson-Dolan to a two-year contract.

small.png - Jaret Anderson-Dolan - Two-year contract worth $2.0 million dollars ($1.0m per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

SIGNING: The San Jose Sharks have signed Jan Jenik to a one-year contract.

small.png - Jan Jenik - One-year contract worth $908,000

arby18_ AGENCY

On 7/12/2024 at 6:57 PM, arby18 said:

SIGNING: The Vancouver Canucks have signed Ilya Nabokov to a three-year contract.

small.png - Ilya Nabokov - Three-year contract worth $11.25 million dollars ($3.75m per season - $3.0m base plus $0.75m signing bonus)

arby18_ AGENCY

ryan reynolds hd GIF

1 hour ago, Devron said:

Dj Khaled Compliment GIF

I get the impression a lot of people are thinking that my Maccelli deal is too long, too high and too risky. Here's my rationale. 

I obviously follow this player. I watched a lot more Coyotes games than I thought I would because of their whole ownership and arena fiasco, and it always struck me how smart that kid was. He would always put himself in a spot to be dangerous in the offensive zone and his passing skill was always noticeable. Not to mention just how creative he is as a 23 year old. At his age, to put up the numbers he has in only his second full season? He has untapped potential and I think that him being on a team like Utah is huge for his development. Adding Sergachev to be another element from the back end will allow him to use his ability to get lost even more efficiently. I think Macelli ends up topping out as a top-end support player, and as of now $8+ is fair market value for that. The cap goes up and he will improve, so I think this deal looks better for the team as the years go on. I honestly expect about ~70 points for him this year., and more to follow. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

The Kings believe that our future remains very bright, and Wheeler's Top 100 list suggests that we may be right.  🙂

1: Macklin Celebrini

7: Simon Nemec

27: Kent Johnson

53: Matt Coronato

71: Jordan Dumais

93: Seamus Casey

Edited by arby18
  • Like 1

SIGNING: The Washington Capitals have signed Nikita Nesterenko to a two year contract.

llrs2zxi127vkqgcsvfb.gif  Nikita Nesterenko: $1.65m million dollar contract ($825k per season)

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed goaltender Clay Stevenson to a two year contract

1380782017.gifClay Stevenson 2 year $1.65 million dollar contract ($825k AAV)

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I get the impression a lot of people are thinking that my Maccelli deal is too long, too high and too risky. Here's my rationale. 

I obviously follow this player. I watched a lot more Coyotes games than I thought I would because of their whole ownership and arena fiasco, and it always struck me how smart that kid was. He would always put himself in a spot to be dangerous in the offensive zone and his passing skill was always noticeable. Not to mention just how creative he is as a 23 year old. At his age, to put up the numbers he has in only his second full season? He has untapped potential and I think that him being on a team like Utah is huge for his development. Adding Sergachev to be another element from the back end will allow him to use his ability to get lost even more efficiently. I think Macelli ends up topping out as a top-end support player, and as of now $8+ is fair market value for that. The cap goes up and he will improve, so I think this deal looks better for the team as the years go on. I honestly expect about ~70 points for him this year., and more to follow. 

I think it was a good deal for both clubs 

3 hours ago, Caboose said:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5612279/2024/07/16/nhl-prospects-ranking-celebrini-michkov/

2: Matvei Michkov
6: Zayne Parekh 
43: Trevor Connelly 
46: Calum Ritchie 
47: Easton Cowan
75: Andrew Cristall

According to Wheeler's top 100. Always love seeing these rankings and which teams have the ones to watch.

anyone have a copy of the list that doesn't link to the page that I would need to subscribe to ?

32 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

anyone have a copy of the list that doesn't link to the page that I would need to subscribe to ?

I just wish someone did a list like this with real scouts. Like a survey or something like McKenzie does for draft prospects. This guy is just a journalist writing his own opinions.

I'm not gonna say don't waste your time, but here's an example of what you'd be in for: Cole Eiserman was the 19th best prospect from the 2024 class according to the NHL GMs, but he's the 16th best prospect in the entire NHL according to Wheeler. Meanwhile one of the most dominant 20 year-olds and one of the most dominant 18 year-olds in KHL history this year Danila Yurov and Daniil But, he ranks 30th and 73th!!! Shane Wright 28, Liam Ohgren 66, Shakir Mukhamadullin 82, Mikhail Gulyayev 92. I guess the one upside for us here is he does seem far more interested in fantasy projections than projecting real NHL value. Lots of small, skilled forwards ranked really high.

I hated Craig Button's list when he did a NHL-drafted prospects ranking, but this guy is enough to remind you that Button is at least a former professional NHL scout.

Edited by MatchesMalone

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I could not get the formatting right on this, but here it is.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.07aa7db337436c408a6356e7e507b820.png

Edited by ThatMike
  • Thanks 1