GML 2024-25 (One expansion space available!)

SIGNING: The Buffalo Sabres have signed Jack Roslovic to a five-year contract.

small.png - Jack Roslovic - Five-year contract worth $23.75 million dollars ($4.75m per season)

----------------------------------

arby18_ AGENCY

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

SIGNING: The St Louis Blues have signed Luke Toporowski to a two-year contract.

small.png - Luke Toporowski - Two-year contract worth $2.0 million dollars ($1.0m per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

• Cheers 1

TRADE: The Los Angeles Kings have made a trade with the Anaheim Ducks.

To ANA:

spacer.png Seamus Casey
spacer.png Josh Bloom
spacer.png Ozzy Wiesblatt

To LA:

spacer.png Conditional ANA 2025 1st Round Draft Selection (Top 2 Protected - becomes ANA 2026 1st Round Pick if ANA pick lands in top 2)
spacer.png ANA 2026 3rd Round Draft Selection

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Los Angeles Kings have made a trade with the Anaheim Ducks.

To ANA:

spacer.png Seamus Casey
spacer.png Josh Bloom
spacer.png Ozzy Wiesblatt

To LA:

spacer.png Conditional ANA 2025 1st Round Draft Selection (Top 2 Protected - becomes ANA 2026 1st Round Pick if ANA pick lands in top 2)
spacer.png ANA 2026 3rd Round Draft Selection

The Ducks are thrilled to welcome Seamus Casey, Josh Bloom and Ozzy Wiesblatt to the Ducks organization. Moving out a first round pick is never easy but when we saw the opportunity to acquire a young blueliner like Seamus Casey we knew we waned to act. There had been some conversations since I took over the Ducks about acquiring him but we finally came to a deal this week. 

Seamus is a slick undersized puck moving defenseman who can create offensive and turnstyle opponents with his quick pivots. His ability to read the play and walk the line is a great asset. We felt adding young players who can grow and become our core as our veterans age out is key. We brought in Casey's former Michigan teammate Adam Fantili around the draft. This felt like a great opportunity to add a young piece that is familiar with Adam that can help our club moving forward.

Josh Bloom's tenacity and leadership in the ice are assets we value. His hunger on the GWG in the memorial cup this year shows his drive to compete and to ultimately to win. We were thrilled to have him included in the deal as we feel he will add some solid bottom 9 depth in the years to come.

Ozzy Wiesblatt is a player I have been a fan of since his draft year. His play up until this point hasn't been spectacular but he brings a fiery level of competitiveness that we value. Ozzy isn't afraid to bring the forward forward for his team and we think that is a desirable asset. His development hasn't gone exactly to plan but we still have hope for him to make the NHL and become a competitive and complete 2 way forward who can chip in and agitate.   

Thanks @arby18 for the talks. I know we both value Casey but this deal seems to work for both sides. We are thrilled to have him and wish arby the best with his new first round selection!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The Kings made a pair of off-season splashes this past week, as we managed to get younger, cleared some contracts from the books and became even more future-oriented. It's a good sign that teams are deciding to approach us for players that they covet, and we decided that the offers were too good to pass up.

TRADE: The Calgary Flames have made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings.

To CGY:

spacer.png Marcus Pettersson
spacer.png Michael Carcone
spacer.png Alexei Toropchenko

To LA:

spacer.png Brandon Tanev
spacer.png Kevin Bahl
spacer.png Jagger Firkus
spacer.png VGK 2025 3rd Round Draft Selection

We were prepared to go into the season with Marcus Pettersson in our top-4, but when Calgary targetted him and made both Bahl and Firkus available, we jumped at the chance. With Pettersson being a pending UFA after this season, we felt that replacing him with a young RFA like Kevin Bahl made sense, and we have been a fan of Firkus since before his draft year and are very pleased to add him. We also love the way that Brandon Tanev plays, and think he's poised for a bounce-back season.

TRADE: The Los Angeles Kings have made a trade with the Anaheim Ducks.

To ANA:

spacer.png Seamus Casey
spacer.png Josh Bloom
spacer.png Ozzy Wiesblatt

To LA:

spacer.png Conditional ANA 2025 1st Round Draft Selection (Top 2 Protected - becomes ANA 2026 1st Round Pick if ANA pick lands in top 2)
spacer.png ANA 2026 3rd Round Draft Selection

The Kings have been at or around 48-49 contracts for most of this summer, so we were looking for ways to move out a contract or two for flexibility. However, we were very content to hold on to Seamus Casey as his trajectory has been moving steadily up since we took him in round 2 a few drafts ago. However, Casey was clearly targetted by ANA and a 1st-round pick was offered which made it hard to say no. We do think that ANA is a quality team coming out of expansion and are unlikely to be in the lottery, but we've seen stranger things happen and with the GML lottery system who knows. A top-2 protected 2025 1st or an unprocted 2026 1st was too good of an offer to pass up.

With Macklin Celebrini ready to debut this fall for us, and other youngsters ready to stake their claim as solid NHL contributors (Guhle, Nemec, K. Johnson, Bahl, Kessel) plus guys like Firkus, Coronato, Alexeyev, Dumais, Dufour, Wahlberg, Fisker Molgaard, Chadwick and others right around the corner plus an additional 1st round pick to look forward to, the future remains bright for our Kings. 

Edited by arby18
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

ANNOUNCEMENT: "Section 4.8 - Contract Termination" has been added to the CBA in its entirety.  It is shown below.

4.8 – Contract Termination

A contract may be terminated by a team if the player has signed a contract to play overseas (KHL, Europe, etc.) after the player had signed their GML contract.  A team may do so by posting in the thread that they wish to release the player in question.  The team must provide confirmation that the player has signed a contract in an overseas league.  Teams who release players in this manner will not face any cap penalty.  Players who have signed AHL only contracts do not qualify and cannot be released by this method.

A contract may also be terminated upon a players retirement, as well as unofficial retirement due to injury.  Unofficial retirements due to injury are subject to approval by the executive team and must be requested via PM to canuck2xtreme.  Teams who release players in this manner will not face any cap penalty.

• Cheers 1

SIGNING: The Calgary Flames have signed Kyle Burroughs to a two-year contract.

small.png - Kyle Burroughs - Two-year contract worth $2.0 million dollars ($1.0m per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Seattle Kraken

Mid Summer Roster Tweaks 
-----------------------------
 Assignment: the Seattle Kraken assign Boris Katchouk to the minor league affiliate Rain City Bitch Pigeons. 

Assignment: the Seattle Kraken assign Matej Blumel to the minor league affiliate Rain City Bitch Pigeons. 

Recall: the Seattle Kraken recall Taylor Raddysh.

Recall: the Seattle Kraken recall John Beecher.

Updated Summer Depth Chart:

Eklund, Barzal, Nyquist
Fiala, Malkin, Teravainen
Engvall, Copp, Compher
D.Gustafsson, Beecher, Raddysh

Provorov, Severson
Gavrikov, Zub

Grzelcyk, Ceci
Moverare, Perunovich

Markstrom

*TBA*

Sorry for the extra work, C2X, but this will be my final summer moves if you wouldn't mind making them official on my sheet so i can double check my math.
Exciting times in Seattle as we push to get back into playoff contention. Have a great summer everyone, give or take we have about 60 days before things get into full swing now! wooooOOOOooo!

• Cheers 1

Assignment: The Seattle Kraken assign Arvid Soderblom to the minor league affiliate, Rain City Bitch Pigeons.

We are putting your name on the back of your jersey now. 

image.jpeg.bdd7a5b4a9de3a3cee14671fb4b896ac.jpeg

Arvid is still waiver ineligible and appears as though he will start the season in the AHL. As I have a little over 5m in my minors budget at this time, we will go ahead and move him there now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Heads up!

I am just tied up with some unexpected work obligations so no need to panic about any ongoing negotiations or PMs. I will be available by Thursday evening to address all messages and negotiations in my inbox.

Thank you

Text Street GIF

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Heads up!

I am just tied up with some unexpected work obligations so no need to panic about any ongoing negotiations or PMs. I will be available by Thursday evening to address all messages and negotiations in my inbox.

Thank you

Those TPS reports can wait! hehe. Honestly, Mike, you are one of the hardest working dudes, in real life, that I have kept up with for long enough to see it. I don't know how you do it, but i am impressed. 

38 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Detroit Red Wings.

To CBJ:

spacer.png Frank Vatrano
spacer.png DET 2025 4th Round Draft Selection

To DET:

spacer.png Dominik Kubalik
spacer.png Maxim Strbak
spacer.png Tristan Bertucci

Huge thanks to @MatchesMalone for the intense, back and forth negotiations. It was a lot of fun pulling this trade together and I think both sides got what we wanted. 

Vatrano is coming off of a huge 389 point season and is now in a contract year. We expect him to have a huge season and, if Anaheim is out of a playoff spot, expect him to be dealt to a cup contender. We're extremely excited to have him aboard. We also wish Max and Tristan all the best going forwards and thank Dominik for his hard work and service in Columbus. 

Going forwards, we want to add one more star player into our mix, either by bringing in a top pairing D or a bonafide starting goalie. For now, this is how we shape up: 

Vatrano - Hughes - Pastrnak 

Buchnevich - Norris - Maccelli 

Slafkovsky - Pinto - Brink 

Afanaseyev - Barre-Boulet - Bastian 

Malenstyn, Shaw 

Oleksiak - Faber 

Kulikov - Trouba 

Edmundson - Cernak 

Merrill 

Nedeljkovic 

Reimer 

My goal this summer was to build up the depth of Columbus while furthering our window. After dealing Kaprizov for Slaf+, adding Vatrano/Malenstyn/Brink/Afanaseyev, and offersheeting Maccelli, I think we've done that. I'm also very pleased with then progress we've made with the D core as we have lots of high quality pieces behind our star #1 Dman. I could look to move Buch or Norris, but I'm seeing a lot of quality in my roster and honestly don't hate the idea of standing pat with our forward group. Internal competition! 

As I've said for a while now, the cup WILL come back to Columbus!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

22 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Detroit Red Wings.

To CBJ:

spacer.png Frank Vatrano
spacer.png DET 2025 4th Round Draft Selection

To DET:

spacer.png Dominik Kubalik
spacer.png Maxim Strbak
spacer.png Tristan Bertucci

Also thrilled about this trade. I had Strbak ranked well inside my first round prior to his draft, plus Buffalo and Dallas are two of the NHL teams whose futures I'm most excited about. When I joined the management group with Detroit last summer, it was still pretty early stages of a full-scale tear down and rebuild. There was already a stellar core of forward prospects in place, starting with Cooley, Dvorsky, Savoie and on down to Bystedt, Hattunen, Heidt and Suniev, but outside of Broberg, Jiricek, Odellius and Mailloux, there was not much in the way of defense prospects.

My general philosophy on rebuilding is start from the net out, defense 2nd, and forwards 3rd. Ilunga had drafted exceptionally well BPA, but we needed to kind of reverse engineer the process a bit. Over the past year we've added some quality goalie prospects in Saarinen, Kokko, Prosvetov, and a couple more young defensemen in Kaiser and Kesselring. Aside from targeting a 6'7 defenseman with our top ten pick in the '24 draft, we stuck with BPA and took mostly more forwards, but have been adding defensemen from the '23 draft via trade, acquiring Lindstein, Gibson, Minnetian, Strbak, Bertucci, so they have an extra year of development and will be eligible for slides next summer.

We believe we now have one of, if not the deepest overall prospect pools in the league. From here on, we'll be looking for established young NHL players over picks or prospects in trades (except we'd love to add another 2025 1st for Stamkos or Nelson). But the number one thing on our wishlist right now is a young goalie who is close to NHL-ready. We've got assets out the wazoo, so if you've got a goalie pushing that you don't have room for, get in touch.

One more year of proper rebuild ahead of us, and then we expect to start getting our top prospects into the lineup en masse, and will try to surround them with quality young or prime-aged NHL talent through trade, free agency, or offer sheets.

• Like 2
  • MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)

TRADE: The Seattle Kraken have made a trade with the Utah Hockey Club.

To SEA:

spacer.png Arturs Silovs
spacer.png Mark Jankowski

To UHC:

spacer.png Noel Fransen
spacer.png Conditional SEA 2025 1st Round Draft Selection (Top 3 Protected - becomes SEA 2026 1st Round Pick if 2025 SEA 1st lands in top 3)

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To SEA:

spacer.png Arturs Silovs

To UHC:

spacer.png Noel Fransen
spacer.png Conditional SEA 2025 1st Round Draft Selection (Top 3 Protected - becomes SEA 2026 1st Round Pick if 2025 SEA 1st lands in top 2)

After a week of a sort of panic about my cap, relative to my normal boring self, haha, I discovered our fantastic Mr soderblom is most likely to start the year in the Minors, and play most if not all of the year there. Fortune shines, and he is still waiver ineligible and I have the cap room in my Minors budget. Took the time to shortlist possible backups via trade and Free agency, and believe me, I asked around. Thrilled that our top target of Arturs Silovs was available at market price. 😀 

Not only is he a mere 800k but he has been a brilliant tendie in his young career, the perfect compliment to Jacob Markstrom's starting role. A Robin to his Batman.

With the extra cap space, we managed to bring in Jankowski in the same deal.

We wouldn't have been able to draft a Silovs type guy even with our first round pick, Even if we had one waiting there next season for us, and so it goes without saying; Losing Fransen was the steep cost of doing business that makes this deal a good old timey hockey trade.

Thanks to GM Squeak in Utah, hopefully your new office has a great view.

EDIT: @canuck2xtreme just a typo I now notice: it is top three protected, but you say 2 in the final word of your sentence rather than 3. Just don't want that to be noted officially while incorrect. It is top 3 protected.

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

To SEA:

spacer.png Arturs Silovs

To UHC:

spacer.png Noel Fransen
spacer.png Conditional SEA 2025 1st Round Draft Selection (Top 2 Protected - becomes SEA 2026 1st Round Pick if 2025 SEA 1st lands in top 2)

Fixed that for you. @canuck2xtreme

28 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Thanks but you fixed it the wrong way, it IS top three protected. 

Is it lottery protected? or just top 3? only 2 teams are in lotto contention these days in the nhl.