GML 2024-25 (One expansion space available!)

11 minutes ago, Rush said:

Is it lottery protected? or just top 3? only 2 teams are in lotto contention these days in the nhl.

It is exactly what I said. I made the deal, i know what I am talking about.

*Protection: If SEA 1st 2025 end up a top three draft selection in the 2025 draft, then the SEA 1st 2026 pick moves to Utah instead, and pick will change hands after the draft lottery is resolved and before the draft day in 2025. 

Mind you, we don't plan to be involved in the lottery at all, so it could be a moot point.

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

59 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

It is exactly what I said. I made the deal, i know what I am talking about.

Mind you, we don't plan to be involved in the lottery at all, so it could be a moot point.

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

I had the same mindset. Just on the safe side with the Casey deal I got that protection added lol.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Seattle Kraken have made a trade with the Utah Hockey Club.

To SEA:

spacer.png Arturs Silovs
spacer.png Mark Jankowski

To UHC:

spacer.png Noel Fransen
spacer.png Conditional SEA 2025 1st Round Draft Selection (Top 3 Protected - becomes SEA 2026 1st Round Pick if 2025 SEA 1st lands in top 2)

We were always hesitant to move Silovs but getting a 1st round pick and a prospect that we highly valued was the price that made us finally make the move.

This move also allows us to open up a roster spot for Blackwell and/or Berggren.

Thanks to @Optimist Prime for the negotiations

• MillerTime 1

TERMINATION: The Washington Capitals would like to terminate Evgeny Kuznetsov's contract as he has signed in the KHL

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/evgeny-kuznetsov-signs-four-year-deal-with-khl-s-ska-st-petersburg-1.2156314

We would like to thank Evgeny for his many years of service to Washington, providing some of the most entertaining highlights of his generation and wish him the best moving forward in his career and his personal life.

SIGNING: The Washington Capitals have signed Justin Brazeau to a 4-year contract.   

small.png Justin Brazeau: Four-year contract worth $5.8 million dollars ($1.45 million per season)

• Haha 1

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed Ludvig Jansson to a 3-year contract.   

small.png Ludvig Jannson: Three-year contract worth $2.55 million dollars ($850,000 per season)

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have signed Matthew Villalta to a 1-year contract.   

small.png Matthew Villalta: One-year contract worth $1 million dollars

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SIGNING: The Detroit Red Wings have signed Daniil Pylenkov to a 2-year contract.   

small.png Daniil Pylenkov: Two-year contract worth $2 million dollars ($1m per season)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SIGNING: The San Jose Sharks have signed Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a 1-year contract.   

small.png Nicolas Aube-Kubel: One-year contract worth $1.15 million dollars

SIGNING: The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Josh Anderson to a 3-year contract.   

small.png Josh Anderson: Three-year contract worth $5.7 million dollars ($1.9 million per season) M-NTC (will only accept trade to a playoff team)

SIGNING: The Calgary Flames have signed Mikael Backlund to a two-year contract.

small.png - Mikael Backlund - Two-year contract worth $8.0 million dollars ($4.0m per season - deal includes full-NTC both seasons)

----------------------------------

arby18_ AGENCY

• MillerTime 1

just want to confirm that there is NO GM vacancy?!? The title still shows one opening available and I would like to join as I have recently found out about these fantasy leagues and would like to join this one whenever an opening arises!

Someone can send me a message to clarify about the 1 opening in title...Back to GML talk now!

39 minutes ago, Viking said:

just want to confirm that there is NO GM vacancy?!? The title still shows one opening available and I would like to join as I have recently found out about these fantasy leagues and would like to join this one whenever an opening arises!

Someone can send me a message to clarify about the 1 opening in title...Back to GML talk now!

It is a defunct club that we hope to bring into the league again next summer. We had two shut down for lack of GM's last year or the year before... and so we just went through an expansion a month ago to bring in Anaheim again. Now we are only missing one metro team but I forget which one, i think the Islanders?, and we hope to have another expansion draft next offseason to fill that club. I don't speak for the executive committee, just a GM here, but that is the opening I think that is still on the main title.

in fantasy it is a little too hard to have two expansions with the NHL rules more or less, but in the same offseason: too much chaos, so it has been put off for a year now. 

• Cheers 1

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed Jan Rutta to a one-year contract.

small.png - Jan Rutta - One-year contract worth $1.5 million dollars 

arby18_ AGENCY

• Cheers 2

SIGNING: The Anaheim Ducks have signed Ben McCartney to a two-year contract.

small.png - Ben McCartney - Two-year contract worth $1.55 million dollars ($775k per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed Barclay Goodrow to a three-year contract.

small.png - Barclay Goodrow - Three-year contract worth $6.75 million dollars ($2.25m per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed Jakub Malek to a two-year contract.

small.png - Jakub Malek - Two-year contract worth $1.7 million dollars ($850k per season)

arby18_ AGENCY

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

10 hours ago, JIAHN said:

I can not speak for Ilunga or MatchesMalone, but I can admit, that I am very impatient in my negotiations, and like to work fast. That is me, and I often get mad at myself for doing this, as when I sit down and think about it, I absolutely know, all the volunteers on here, that make this league work, have lives, also. As for me, I am retired and can basically negotiate when I want to. 2 very different realities, from working men and women.

I am aware of at least 2 of our fellow GM's/volunteers that have had, personal issues, that are far more important, than this league, and I for one, when I get my head out of my arse, realize how lucky I am.

So, to all of GML executive and Agents. Thank you so much for all you give us. This is a well run League, with incredible people behind it. I know all of GML feel's the same way. We should and are humbled by your efforts!

In a parting note...............Hockey is just around the corner, and my stock pile of beer is starting to get high! GO Canucks GO!

You should start following the AFL and NRL.

No break between fantasy games.

My AFL team is Hawthorn, the Hawks.

It wasn't because I grew up playing for my local team the Hawks, that I support them, when I was 7, Peter Hudson kicked 150 goals that season equalling Bobby Pratts record, and we beat the saints in the grand final.

Since then we have always won at least one premiership in every decade since.

In the 80's we were in  7 consecutive grand finals. 

Winning 4.

Our last was a threepeat, 2013-15. 

We have just had a rebuild through the draft, and have gone from the bottom of the league to winning 11 of our last 14 and may make the finals.

Even if we don't, the success we have had this year will make free agents want to sign with us in the off season. 

That and the talent we have got through the draft will give us a great 5-7 year window.

This sport shows how small a window these team sports are for the majority of athletes. 

Our list is the third youngest average age 24.3

Geelong has the oldest list at 28.9

We are considered young, they are old.

As for the NRL, Rugby League, these are all Queensland and NSW teams apart from the Melbourne Storm.

We won our first premiership in our second year, have won four all told, been stripped of two because of salary cap breaches, have been in 10 grand finals and only missed the finals three times.

Most of this is down to our coach Craig " bellyache " Bellamy.

Players have come and gone, he has this ability to identify players that other clubs reject, bring them into our system and turn them into really good players.

Our captain through the halcyon years of both our premierships, and Queensland's domination of state of origin, the highest level of Rugby League in the world, Cameron Smith, was considered too slow, not really suited to the highest level.

He went on to lead us to all our success, lead Queensland to their most successful Origin era, Captain Australia, and play the most ever NRL games, the only player to play over 400 games.

It is a brutal sport.

Their are at least several HIA's ( head injury assessments ) every game. 

Even though we are playing like shit for a majority of time in our games this year, we are still sitting on top of the league.

We play Penrith next week, they have won the last 3 premierships and have one of the all time greats, Nathan Cleary as their half back.

The kid is still only 25 and what he has already done is nuts.

I don't think I have ever seen a performance by an individual athlete in a grand final, team sport, like what Nathan did in last year's grand final.

They were gone with 20 minutes to go, he put his team on his back and willed them over the line.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 8/3/2024 at 10:42 PM, Viking said:

I echo this

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

I echo this

This has already been asked and answered a few times (since Viking just keeps asking). I'm sure they're in no rush to fill the spot as the expansion won't be until next summer. There's only one spot coming available and at least two people vying for it between you and Viking. Do good work in GFL and people will take notice - a bunch of GMs are in both leagues. You could also see if anyone is looking for an AGM to earn your stripes.

Edited by MatchesMalone
  • Cheers 1