GML 2024-25 (One expansion space available!)

DUCKS ROSTER - TIME ON ICE

Anaheim Ducks Logo - Jersey Logo - National Hockey League (NHL) - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

GML / NHL:

Rakell (16:31) - Schwartz (16:22) - Stone (19:24)

Tolvanen (15:39) - Fantilli (15:45) - Tarasenko (15:44)

O'Connor (15:45) - Lowry (16:06) - Greenway (17:15)

Foegele (13:59) - Roy (15:27) - Chinahkov (15:10)

McDonagh (21:47) - Parayko (23:52)

Hague (18:33) - Pulock (22:33)

Lindstrom (15:24) - Fabbro (16:21)

Mahura (12:36)

Ersson (51 GP)

Varlamov (28 GP)

Healthy scratch: Cizikas (13:59), Kupari (9:08).

Injured reserve: Krug (IR) (21:58)

image.png.9f30157f97b3b594e5f3bb231511f166.png

AHL / DEPTH:

Soderblom (N/A) - Dean (10:33) - Wiesblatt (N/A)

Bloom (N/A) - McCartney (N/A) - Perreault (11:05)

Casey (N/A) -  Iorio (9:50)

Gaudreau (N/A)

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

We believe Adam Fantilli can grow into more minutes and become an 18+ minute player possibly as early as this season. So our center depth seems realistic. We have a significant need on first line LW. It's possible one of Tolvanen or Chinahkov can take the reigns and run with the opportunity. I imagine both of them being second line players in the near term however. If we can address the first line LW position this off season we would be excited to do so.

On defense we have solid depth with the rise of Iorio, Lindstrom, and Casey.  We however are in a tight spot in our top two pairs with Hague having to elevate his minutes. He is already getting a ton of PK time so ideally we would like to bring in a top 4 defenseman. Ideally someone on a short term deal or good value contract. We have every intention of re-signing Colton Parayko pending UFA so we want to be careful in who we bring in. 

In net we have a veteran backup who is set to support our young goaltender Samuel Ersson. there is no guarantee however he will continue to hold the reighs in Philly IRL. So we also shift our focus to the goaltending market too if he somehow loses ground there. We would be open to moving him to another squad as a strong 1B if the offer made sense. I'm not sure what the goalie trade market looks like right now.

We have plenty of forward depth and some promising young defenders. If we were to move anyone out it would probably be a young forward. Seamus Casey we paid handsomely for so he will remain. We could maybe be convinced to move Vinny Iorio but the circumstances would need to make sense as we envision him as a solid 4-5 Dman in the near future.

We are open to trade dialogue. If it can help us in the areas outlined above. We however wish to have a competitive team so we want to be careful in how we execute a trade to bring in those pieces. Playoffs are our goal and we plan on having a completive camp to hopefully fuel a strong start to our inaugural reboot campaign.

• Like 1

Edmonton Oilers protected roster for training camp @canuck2xtreme;

Jamie Benn

Sydney Crosby

Tyler Seguin

Tyler Bertuzzi

Martin Necas

Marcus Foligno

Noel Acciari

William Carrier

Brett Howden

Tyler Motte

Thomas Nosek

Nick Cousins

Noah Hanifin

Dylan Samberg

Aaron Ekblad

Brandon Carlo

Brayden Schneider

Ilya Lyubushkin

Igor Shesterkin

12 x 6 x 1

Deepest vet roster, maybe not but close to best, we have come to camp with in years.

Roster which we anticipate will include Soph Justus Annunen & super rookie D Simon Edvinsson. If we are lucky rookies Nikita Chibrikov? Colin Graf & maybe even depth prospects Gage Goncalves (from Mission) & Nikita Novikov. Each who should see games this year.  Again, if lucky, Danila Yurov at the end of the KHL season... 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

23 hours ago, Rush said:

We believe Adam Fantilli can grow into more minutes and become an 18+ minute player possibly as early as this season. So our center depth seems realistic. We have a significant need on first line LW. It's possible one of Tolvanen or Chinahkov can take the reigns and run with the opportunity. I imagine both of them being second line players in the near term however. If we can address the first line LW position this off season we would be excited to do so.

On defense we have solid depth with the rise of Iorio, Lindstrom, and Casey.  We however are in a tight spot in our top two pairs with Hague having to elevate his minutes. He is already getting a ton of PK time so ideally we would like to bring in a top 4 defenseman. Ideally someone on a short term deal or good value contract. We have every intention of re-signing Colton Parayko pending UFA so we want to be careful in who we bring in. 

In net we have a veteran backup who is set to support our young goaltender Samuel Ersson. there is no guarantee however he will continue to hold the reighs in Philly IRL. So we also shift our focus to the goaltending market too if he somehow loses ground there. We would be open to moving him to another squad as a strong 1B if the offer made sense. I'm not sure what the goalie trade market looks like right now.

We have plenty of forward depth and some promising young defenders. If we were to move anyone out it would probably be a young forward. Seamus Casey we paid handsomely for so he will remain. We could maybe be convinced to move Vinny Iorio but the circumstances would need to make sense as we envision him as a solid 4-5 Dman in the near future.

We are open to trade dialogue. If it can help us in the areas outlined above. We however wish to have a competitive team so we want to be careful in how we execute a trade to bring in those pieces. Playoffs are our goal and we plan on having a completive camp to hopefully fuel a strong start to our inaugural reboot campaign.

Pretty good build for the first season back. Can't wait for opening night.. it has been the LONGEST of summers... well second longest after 2004-05.

6 hours ago, JIAHN said:

Sorry for a really dumb question, but do we have to announce our training camp roster? And if so, by when? And how many?

That is a very good question. I honestly was wondering the same thing myself. I can't remember how this works.

• Cheers 1

On 9/9/2024 at 11:54 AM, ThatMike said:

SJS Training Camp Update

The San Jose Sharks assign the following players to the juniors

Noah Warren

Cam Lund

Reid Dyck

Ludwig Persson

The San Jose Sharks assign the following players to the minors (waiver exempt)

Luke Tuch

Antti Saarela

William Stromgren

Andre Lee

Anton Johannesson

Oscar Plandowski

Sean Behrens

Eemil Viro

Michael Benning

Jakub Skarek

The San Jose Sharks release the following players:

Will Bitten
Signed in Russia (<-Link)

⬆️ 

This, but… legal this time

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 6:27 PM, JIAHN said:

Sorry for a really dumb question, but do we have to announce our training camp roster? And if so, by when? And how many?

You can if you'd like to, but there is no need.  Everyone's training camp roster is just, every player under contract. 

Every player must be assigned somewhere between now and the start of the season.

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

You can if you'd like to, but there is no need.  Everyone's training camp roster is just, every player under contract. 

Every player must be assigned somewhere between now and the end of the season.

I'm sure it's just a typo but I'll confirm - you mean now and the start of the season right?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Every player must be assigned somewhere between now and the end of the season.

Ah ok, thanks.  I'll make my roster moves then.

On 9/10/2024 at 6:26 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks.

To CHI:

spacer.png Josh Norris
spacer.png Francesco Arcuri
spacer.png CBJ 2026 4th Round Draft Selection

To CBJ:

spacer.png Filip Bystedt

spacer.png CHI 2025 2nd Round Draft Selection
spacer.png NJ 2025 2nd Round Draft Selection

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Dallas Stars have made a trade with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

To CBJ:

spacer.png Lukas Dostal

To DAL:

spacer.png Filip Bystedt
spacer.png CBJ 2026 1st Round Draft Selection

These two moves were connected from day one, as we wanted to pull from a position of strength (C) to find a starting goalie for the future. To make this deal without dealing either of Sergei Murashov and Brandon Bussi is a huge win for our club. We now have arguably the deepest goalie pipeline in the league, with three potential star goalies in our ranks. 

There was a lot of digging involved and a lot of research done into goalies around the league, but in the end we were excited enough about Anaheim's progression and Lukas Dostal's potential to effectively trade a 25 year old 2C in Josh Norris for him. We know the goaltending situation in Anaheim is confusing, but we imagine Gibson will play as the backup to Dostal until a deal is made for him. With pieces like Carlsson, McTavish, Mintyukov, Zegras, Gauthier, Zellweger, etc., we think that Lukas Dostal will be a massive part of a contending team for years to come. 

Francesco Arcuri may just be seen as a high cap hit for a prospect, but we really like his progression as a prospect and wish him all the best going forwards. He's a high motor winger with the tools to be a middle six energizer bunny if everything comes together. 

Filip Bystedt, ironically enough, is a player that we actually quite like. We wish him all the best and while his time in Columbus is short, we think he could grow to be a star in this league. Dallas has received a fan favourite to build around their solid young core. 

It was also important to receive the two second round picks for Norris because we knew that a follow up trade was coming, and we wanted to make sure that we still had the flexibility to make moves down the road, with the two picks being worth about a first. In terms of overall value, we feel that the returns for Josh Norris and Lukas Dostal were even, and we believe that this was the best move for our club going forwards.  

Once again we'd like to thank @Sludge for the back and forth negotiations, and @JIAHN for making this deal possible. 

Columbus Blue Jackets Projected Lines: 

Buchnevich - Hughes - Pastrnak 

Maccelli - Pinto - Slafkovsky 

Afanaseyev - Vatrano - Brink 

Bastian - Barre-Boulet - Malenstyn 

Shaw/Gauthier

Oleksiak - Faber 

Kulikov - Trouba 

Edmundson - Cernak 

Merrill 

Dostal 

Nedeljkovic 

We're still in the market for at least one top 4 defenseman and an elite bottom six forward at a solid cap hit. All non-roster pieces besides Cole Hutson and Terik Parascak are on the table depending on the return, which means you could deal for some incredibly solid prospects. We are not afraid to overpay if you have an especially strong defender. 

More moves are coming.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Florida Panthers Training Camp Day 1:

The Panthers announce that:

RW:
Alexander Rykov

C :
Ryan Greene

D :
Theo Wallberg

G:
Damian Clara
Sergei Ivanov

Will be  assigned to Junior.

Additionally:

G:
Vadim Zherenko
Jakub Malek
Clay Stevenson

D :
Topias Vilen

Gavin White

RW:

Arseny Gritsyuk

C :
Ilya Safonov

LW:
Maxim Berezkin

Will be assigned to AHL Springfield for further development.

LW:
Matthew Tkachuk
Matthew Knies

C :
Anton Lundell
Ross Colton
Nic Dowd
Jordan Staal

RW:
Clayton Keller
Troy Terry
Matvei Michkov

D :
Thomas Harley
Miro Heiskanen
Samuel Girard
Jan Ruuta
Rasmus Ristolainen

G:
Tristan Jarry
Anthony Stolarz

Have made the team.

Still in the mix:

C :
Juuso Parssinen
Robby Fabbri
Cole Guttman
Jack Finley
Noah Philp
Stephen Halliday 
Tristen Robins 

RW:
Joel Armia
Nikita Grebyonkin
Tyler Boucher

D :
Justin Schultz
Calvin De Haan
Emil Andrae

Thanks @canuck2xtreme @Gally

Edited by Caboose
  • Like 1

The Ducks sheets say Benjamin Gaudreau needs waivers. I believe this is incorrect as he is 21 years old and has no NHL experience. Not that I expect him to get claimed I did find it surprising. 

Can I assume this is a small oversight error.

The Ducks assign the following players to the AHL.

Elmer Soderblom (LW)

Josh Bloom (LW)

Ben McCartney (F)

Ozzy Wiesblatt (RW)

Simon Robertsson (RW)

Zach Dean (C)

Jacob Perreault (RW)

Vinny Iorio (D)

None of which are waiver eligible. 

The Ducks are waiting to decide on the following players:

Seamus Casey (D)

Benjamin Gaudreau (G)

All remaining players are listed as active NHLers on our sheet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rush said:

The Ducks sheets say Benjamin Gaudreau needs waivers. I believe this is incorrect as he is 21 years old and has no NHL experience. Not that I expect him to get claimed I did find it surprising. 

Can I assume this is a small oversight error.

Yes it is, thanks. It's been corrected.

If anyone finds any discrepancies like this please let me know so I can double check. Thanks 🙂