GML 2024-25 (One expansion space available!)

Utah assigns the following players to the minors:

Calle Clang

Yaniv Perets

Dennis Hildeby

Ryan Chesley

Jonathan Myrenberg

Matthias Havelid

Joel Nystrom

Adam Engstrom

Jayden Struble

Marcus Bjork

Aatu Jamsen

Max Sasson

Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Lucas Forsell

Fraser Minten

Victor Stjernborg

Emil Heineman

Ondrej Pavel

Tristen Nielsen

and that’s it, we are ready for the season with 13F/8D/2G

2 hours ago, Squeak said:

Utah assigns the following players to the minors:

Calle Clang

Yaniv Perets

Dennis Hildeby

Ryan Chesley

Jonathan Myrenberg

Matthias Havelid

Joel Nystrom

Adam Engstrom

Jayden Struble

Marcus Bjork

Aatu Jamsen

Max Sasson

Jonathan Lekkerimaki

Lucas Forsell

Fraser Minten

Victor Stjernborg

Emil Heineman

Ondrej Pavel

Tristen Nielsen

and that’s it, we are ready for the season with 13F/8D/2G

Completed these moves.  I still show you with 9 defenceman at camp though.

And the rest of the players would have to be assigned to the active roster. 🙂

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the St. Louis Blues.

To CBJ:

spacer.png Ryan O'Reilly

To STL:

spacer.png Carson Rehkopf

Columbus is ecstatic to have Ryan O'Reilly join the crew here in Columbus. He's a tenacious bastard, as we all know from the Nashville series, and we think he's going to be even more productive with Steven Stamkos joining the fold. We like what Nashville is building, and we're looking forward to seeing how far he can go. Thank you to @Devron for the swift negotiations!

Carson Rehkopf is a dynamic prospect, and was arguably our best non-NHL piece. We wish him all the best in St. Louis and hope he can reach his full potential. 

We would still like to bolster our D core but the market doesn't seem to be very good for defensemen. With that in mind, we'll likely head into training camp with the following roster: 

Buchnevich - Hughes - Pastrnak 

Maccelli - O'Reilly - Slafkovsky

Vatrano - Pinto - Brink 

Afanaseyev - Barre-Boulet - Malenstyn

Bastian

Oleksiak - Faber 

Kulikov - Trouba 

Edmundson - Cernak 

Merrill

Dostal 

Nedeljkovic 

In the hunt:

Everyone else 

Edited by Honkin Hronek
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just re-posting this for everyone's benefit now that camp is opened!

GML Training Camp Opens September 15th!!

Hockey season is just around the corner, and that means training camp for our GML teams!

5.5 - Training Camp

There is a Training Camp/Depth Chart tab on all team charts. Beginning September 15th, GML Training Camp will officially begin.  Waivers will be in place beginning on this date and players who require waivers will need to clear in order to be assigned to the minors for the start of the season. All players will need to be assigned to their designated rosters from that point forward regardless of where they are listed on your Rosters page.  Players assigned to the active roster will be listed on this tab in bold type, players assigned to junior or the minors will be listed in italics.

As of 8:00am Pacific Time on September 15th, training camps are opened and waivers are in effect!

All teams will now see their Training Camp chart as the lead page on their team chart.  All players signed to a contract are listed here and organized by position. 

Players highlighted in red are required to be placed on waivers and must clear if they are to be assigned to the minors.

Players highlighted in green do not require waivers in order to be assigned to the minors.

Players highlighted in blue still meet age requirements to be assigned to junior during training camp.

ALL PLAYERS who are listed on a teams Training Camp chart must be assigned either to the active roster, minors or junior prior to the end of training camp via a post in the thread.

Example:

The Atlanta Thrashers assign Franchise McSavior to the active roster.

The Hartford Whalers place Gary Pylon on waivers for assignment to minors.

The Quebec Nordiques have assigned Patrick Breezeby back to junior.

Players can be assigned all at once at the end of camp, or throughout training camp as cuts are made if a team wishes.

Once a player is assigned, they will be marked on a teams chart.  Active roster players will appear in bold type, players assigned to the minors or junior will appear in italics.  Players who have been approved for pre-season LTIR for season long or career ending injuries will be marked in bold and italics.

If you have a question or see any errors in regards to player position, waivers eligibility etc., please let me know so I can adjust it.

Also, any questions/comments/concerns are welcome!  I'm not sure I'm explaining it in the proper detail, but it is all pretty straightforward.

14 minutes ago, Gator said:

NEW VOTE PUT UP

This is the last vote being put up to try and loosen the restrictions on trade clauses. If this vote doesnt pass we can revisit the idea in the offseason.

RULE CHANGE PROPOSAL

* Rule 3.7 in the CBA will be scrapped. 

If this passes you will be allowed to trade a player with a NTC to any team, regardless if on your list or not. However there will be harsher penalties if you trade them to a team not on their list. The penalties will ultimately hurt your team morale which could in turn make it difficult to extend your pending UFAs and lock up your youth to long term extensions.

Proposed penalties for moving these clauses to teams on and off their list is as follows:

NTC on list - 1 Point

NTC off list - 3 points

NMC on list - 5 points

You cannot move a player with a NMC to a team not on their list

NMC will be given 5 team lists, rather than 3 team lists. This wouldn't take effect until lists get released on January 1st 2025.

👍 - For change

🤔 - Not for or against

👎 - Against change

75%+ of votes submitted by Sepember 30th 11:59pm needed for vote to pass.

EXAMPLE

If only 20 people submit a vote, only 15 👍 needed to pass.

@MatchesMalone Figured id tag you since you're not on discord.

Wrong thread?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Random question just for fun:

Who's your favourite team's Mount Rushmore? 

I know most here are Canuck fans but there are fans of other teams here as well.  Who would be your personal top 4 all time and why?

ALL SPORT MR

Canucks/Eagles/Lakers/Yankees

NHL MR

Canucks/Devils/Canadiens/Oilers

Only because of McDavid or it'd probably be the Jets.

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

• Confused 2
  • Desmenko 1

19 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I know most here are Canuck fans but there are fans of other teams here as well.  Who would be your personal top 4 all time and why?

Sundin, Matthews, Salming, Sittler

Never saw the latter two play, but the way my Grandpa told it they belong on the list.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Sundin, Matthews, Salming, Sittler

Never saw the latter two play, but the way my Grandpa told it they belong on the list.

Lanny McDonald would be another one who deserves consideration, I know he was a Flame as well, but him and Sittler, were something together!

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Spezza - With the Sens down 3-1 to New Jersey in East Finals in '03, Spezza makes his playoff debut and was a driving factor to help force game 7.

Alfredsson - In '06 he gets walked by Pominville in OT and Sens are eliminated in game 5. In '07 Alf gets sweet redemption with the game 5 OT winner against Buffalo that sends Ottawa to their first modern era Finals.

Karlsson - The entire 2017 run, but especially the slap pass to Bobby Ryan against Boston. I was at game 6 of the East Finals in Ottawa where they beat Pittsburgh to force game 7.

Hossa - Just the greatest two-way winger I've ever had the privilege to see play. Just a mastermind of defensive disruption, in addition to multiple 40-goal and a 100-point season. I was so damn happy to see him finally get that Cup with Chicago after losing in the Finals with Pittsburgh to Detroit in '08 and then with Detroit to Pittsburgh in '09.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Todd Bertuzzi has to be the most bizarre inclusion I've ever seen on a list like this.

I started rooting for the Canucks back in the Bertuzzi/Naslund days... Bertuzzi was the main reason I started rooting for the Canucks