GML 2024-25 (One expansion space available!)

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Random question just for fun:

Who's your favourite team's Mount Rushmore? 

I know most here are Canuck fans but there are fans of other teams here as well.  Who would be your personal top 4 all time and why?

Naslund, Cook, Bert, Mo, Jovo.

Ohlund was my favorite growing up. Funny how he's not on my list lol. That team was of my pre teen / teens and I love the memories. Bure was good to but my memory is him is pretty faded having watched so much hockey since then. 

That one goal to force ot that cookie monster scored that got jovo jumping up and down in the box. Chills just thinking about it. Probably my fav Canucks moment.i give Jim Hughson props. His voice is etched in my memory with a great era.

Edited by Rush
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gator said:

I started rooting for the Canucks back in the Bertuzzi/Naslund days... Bertuzzi was the main reason I started rooting for the Canucks

I'm actually with you on this. I dunno if I could pick my four Canucks, but if I were to include favorite moments like I did for my Sens guys I'd probably go with the Chelios hit. Before there was even youtube I remember me and my friends downloading Bertuzzi highlight videos off Kazaa or whatever was the file sharing program at the time. "Spinning all around, getting everybody woozy, I said uh huh, it's called the Todd Bertuzzi."

"calls the goalie suzie"

I guess I'll go Bertuzzi, Kesler, Luongo, Bure, although I mostly remember Bure as a Panther.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

I'm actually with you on this. I dunno if I could pick my four Canucks, but if I were to include favorite moments like I did for my Sens guys I'd probably go with the Chelios hit. Before there was even youtube I remember me and my friends downloading Bertuzzi highlight videos off Kazaa or whatever was the file sharing program at the time. "Spinning all around, getting everybody woozy, I said uh huh, it's called the Todd Bertuzzi."

"calls the goalie suzie"

I guess I'll go Bertuzzi, Kesler, Luongo, Bure, although I mostly remember Bure as a Panther.

Well, the first time Bure stepped on the ice for the Canucks, it was electrifying. He was so dominant. By far the most impactful player the Canucks have ever had.

By a country mile! By the time he got to Florida, he had some injuries....IMO, he was way better in a Canuck uniform.

Hawks: Seabrook, Kruger, Byfuglien, Teravainen

My Dad was born in the 50s so like many BC hockey fans from that time he had a favorite team before the Cancucks existed. He's always been a very vocal Hawks fan so naturally i followed. Seabrook is my all-time favorite player, wasn't fancy but stepped up when it mattered. always did what was needed no matter the toll it took on him, I've always respected that.

Kruger was so reliable i would feel a sense of relief when he was out there, loved the team focused style of play and the way Toews could catch his breath in big moments because this 4th liner was so defensively dominant.

Byfuglien is one of the most unique players I've watched, forward to dman, built like a offensive lineman with a scoring touch. was so exciting to watch.

Teuvo was first prospect i did a real deep dive into, watching highlights of him playing for Jokerit over and over, which probably led me to being in a league like this. I have his jersey. Didn't have cable growing up but I learned how to stream out of market hockey in 2007-08 when i was entering highschool so thats when i really got obsessed, just in time lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sludge said:

Hawks: Seabrook, Kruger, Byfuglien, Teravainen

My Dad was born in the 50s so like many BC hockey fans from that time he had a favorite team before the Cancucks existed. He's always been a very vocal Hawks fan so naturally i followed. Seabrook is my all-time favorite player, wasn't fancy but stepped up when it mattered. always did what was needed no matter the toll it took on him, I've always respected that.

Kruger was so reliable i would feel a sense of relief when he was out there, loved the team focused style of play and the way Toews could catch his breath in big moments because this 4th liner was so defensively dominant.

Byfuglien is one of the most unique players I've watched, forward to dman, built like a offensive lineman with a scoring touch. was so exciting to watch.

Teuvo was first prospect i did a real deep dive into, watching highlights of him playing for Jokerit over and over, which probably led me to being in a league like this. I have his jersey. Didn't have cable growing up but I learned how to stream out of market hockey in 2007-08 when i was entering highschool so thats when i really got obsessed, just in time lol

is he still allowed to be here, or….

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

"calls the goalie suzie"

If I was a fan in the Bure days I probably would have him in. From the highlights I've seen he seemed pretty electric!

9 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

"calls the goalie suzie"

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 9/17/2024 at 9:01 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

Random question just for fun:

Who's your favourite team's Mount Rushmore? 

I know most here are Canuck fans but there are fans of other teams here as well.  Who would be your personal top 4 all time and why?

Let's go Flames

Macinnis, Iginla, Kiprusoff and Fleury

Macinnis is my all time favorite defenseman. Seeing him wind up that slap shot never got old.

Iggy and Kipper for obvious reasons

Theo kept things entertaining through some rough times in the 90s

• Like 1

While I am a fan of the Canucks, I just love the sport of icehockey.

I started playing the first year I visited Canada, just drop in. 

The players I admire 

Bobby Orr, very rarely does an athlete change the way a sport is played.

Bobby did that.

Mario, guys a legend.

To beat cancer and do what he did in the sport. 

Any NHL goalie that played without a Helmet/mask back in the day.

Balls of steel. 

The Sedins.

My favourite Canucks and quality people.

• Like 1