GML 2024-25 (One expansion space available!)

20 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Eklund, Barzal, Nyquist
Fiala, Malkin, Teravainen
 Engvall , Copp, Compher

***** ,Gustafsson, Blumel

Provorov, Severson
Gavrikov, Zub

Grzelcyk, Ceci

Perunovich, Moverare

Markstrom

Soderblom

Followup: Burakovsky has been dealt, bringing us back under cap, just had to ensure we signed our target before I could pull that trigger. ; )

Wishing Andre all the best going forward, but even though he is now healthy, after losing him for half of two seasons on two different injuries, we couldn't risk losing a top sixer again for half the year should it become habitual. 

• Cheers 1

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed Jordan Staal to a 1-year contract.   

small.png Jordan Staal: One-year contract worth $3.35 million dollars 

• Cheers 2

On 7/5/2024 at 6:32 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

OFFER SHEET: The Anaheim Ducks have signed forward Mason McTavish to a five year contract via Offer Sheet.

173614882025.gifMason McTavish: $36.0 million dollar contract ($7,200,000 per season)

* The Minnesota Wild have one week to match this Offer Sheet or will receive the following compensation if they choose not to match:

2025 Ducks 1st round draft selection

2025 Ducks 2nd round draft selection

2025 Ducks 3rd round draft selection

@Dak Prescott, @Rush

The Minnesota Wild match 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

6 minutes ago, Dak Prescott said:

The Minnesota Wild match 

Saw that coming after the Maccelli offer sheet.  Would have targeted Guenther next for laughs but he's signed now unfortunately lol. Good choice Dak.

• chaos 1

On 7/9/2024 at 3:19 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Vancouver Canucks have signed forward Josh Filmon to a three year contract.

2920842020.gifJosh Filmon: $2.775 million dollar contract ($925,000 per season

Anyone know the background behind Filmon?

He looks a dead ringer to a Uni friend of mine Dave Filmon from Winnipeg. Who's dad was Manitoba's premiere.

Posted (edited)

TRADE: The Los Angeles Kings, Vancouver Canucks and Ottawa Senators have made a three team trade.

To LA:

spacer.png Jani Hakanpaa ($1.25 million retained by Ottawa)
spacer.png Juha Jatkola
spacer.png TOR 2026 4th Round Draft Selection

To VAN:

spacer.png Brian Dumoulin
spacer.png Akira Schmidt
spacer.png OTT 2026 3rd Round Draft Selection

To OTT:

spacer.png Sebastian Aho

Edited by canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

He looks a dead ringer to a Uni friend of mine Dave Filmon from Winnipeg. Who's dad was Manitoba's premiere.

When i read his name here earlier I thought he sounded like a long lost member of the grateful dead...but i think i have just heard too many live bootlegs 'live at the filmore' or something..lol

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

https://leaderpost.com/sports/hockey/swift-current-broncos-josh-filmon-has-a-sixth-sense-around-the-net#:~:text=One family member of note,Manitoba from 1988 to 1999.

Josh's grandfather is Gary Filmon who was premier of Manitoba at one point. So seems like the connection is there.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Theo5789 said:

https://leaderpost.com/sports/hockey/swift-current-broncos-josh-filmon-has-a-sixth-sense-around-the-net#:~:text=One family member of note,Manitoba from 1988 to 1999.

Josh's grandfather is Gary Filmon who was premier of Manitoba at one point. So seems like the connection is there.

Thanks for that.

Funny also that David was 6'4'' & Josh 6'3''.  Gary was tiny by comparison.  I was taller, and I'm not quite 5'11''.  I'd say brutha from a different mutha, but they sure look like Gary. 

11 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Vancouver Canucks have made a trade with the Florida Panthers.

To VAN:

spacer.png Beck Malynstyn
spacer.png Francesco Pinelli

To FLA:

spacer.png NSH 2026 3rd Round Draft Selection

Am I missing something here?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ActionJax09 said:

I would think the return on Pinelli and Malynstyn would be more than a 2026 3rd?

flummoxed is the word.

I agree, seeing Florida and their keen eye for young talent I too feel like I am missing something. Malenstyn could be argued worth more than a later 3rd rd pick. Pinelli a recent 2nd rounder who projects to be a producing top six forward.

Someone has pictures haha 

1. Recouping an asset for a player we got for free a year ago and would likely have to waive this fall.

2. Clearing a contract spot used on a player brought in by the old GM (Pinelli) to make room for our own draftees.

3. Maintaining our strong trading relationship with @Theo5789, an out of conference GM.

Can't believe this is the type of move getting scrutiny lol. We've been trying to move Pinelli for over a year and had 0 interest at all.

Edited by Caboose
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Caboose said:

1. Recouping an asset for a player we got for free a year ago and would likely have to waive this fall.

2. Clearing a contract spot used on a player brought in by the old GM (Pinelli) to make room for our own draftees.

3. Maintaining our strong trading relationship with @Theo5789, an out of conference GM.

Can't believe this is the type of move getting scrutiny lol. We've been trying to move Pinelli for over a year and had 0 interest at all.

you cant do that on television nicksplat GIF

26 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Lol when I saw the reaction I figured they were implying it was a bad trade for somebody, but I couldn't figure out for which team.