GML 2024-25 (One expansion space available!)

32 minutes ago, Caboose said:

1. Recouping an asset for a player we got for free a year ago and would likely have to waive this fall.

2. Clearing a contract spot used on a player brought in by the old GM (Pinelli) to make room for our own draftees.

3. Maintaining our strong trading relationship with @Theo5789, an out of conference GM.

Can't believe this is the type of move getting scrutiny lol. We've been trying to move Pinelli for over a year and had 0 interest at all.

I wish I would have known Pinelli was available. I have him in another league and would have offered more. All good tho

29 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Lol when I saw the reaction I figured they were implying it was a bad trade for somebody, but I couldn't figure out for which team.

A sign of a great trade is when it's perceived that both sides loses!

53 minutes ago, Caboose said:

1. Recouping an asset for a player we got for free a year ago and would likely have to waive this fall.

2. Clearing a contract spot used on a player brought in by the old GM (Pinelli) to make room for our own draftees.

3. Maintaining our strong trading relationship with @Theo5789, an out of conference GM.

Can't believe this is the type of move getting scrutiny lol. We've been trying to move Pinelli for over a year and had 0 interest at all.

Zero need to explain yourself and zero scrutiny from myself. I am all for members making trades they find work for them, apologies if you felt my post was serious in any way just in jest comments.

We all have reasons and motivations to make a multitude of deals that can look one way or the other form the outside. An outsiders view is Vancouver got excellent value for a mid to late 3rd round pick in the 2025 entry draft otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

A sign of a great trade is when it's perceived that both sides loses!

Haha I believe there was a line from the American version of The Office where one of Dwight or Angela says of Jim and Pam as a couple, "I think they both could do better".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MatchesMalone said:

Haha I believe there was a line from the American version of The Office where one of Dwight or Angela says of Jim and Pam as a couple, "I think they both could do better".

As long as @Caboose is Jim and I'm Pam!

Y'all a bunch of Dwight's and Angela's

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, ActionJax09 said:

I wish I would have known Pinelli was available. I have him in another league and would have offered more. All good tho

There is something to be said for ease of trade discussions with some members, and if you know what you want just pulled the trigger. So many times people reply with the old " I would have traded more " response but the discussions could be time consuming, complicated, and unrewarding and frankly not worth the trouble.

There is also a certain segment of members here who are not fun to negotiate with as their assets are priced as gold while your own are priced as hot garbage every time and they squeeze you on everything. No thanks. Then there is the segment that only wants top end young assets in every discussion which is also annoying to deal with. So if you find a trading partner, go for it!

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2024 at 1:58 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

OFFER SHEET: The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Mattias Macelli to a seven year contract via Offer Sheet.

jhepegs329pc7ugyypebl28wg.gifMattias Macelli: $57.547 million dollar contract ($8,221,000 per season)

* Deal includes 16 team NTC from years 5-7

* The Minnesota Wild have one week to match this Offer Sheet or will receive the following compensation if they choose not to match:

2025 Blue Jackets 1st round draft selection

2025 Blue Jackets 2nd round draft selection

2025 Blue Jackets 3rd round draft selection

I just started scrolling back to see how long ago this was posted because I thought the time was about to expire, only to realize it was 3 days ago 😭

• Haha 1