• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

New wish list

Samkos 4 x $6M ... unlikely but one can dream

Toffoli 3 x $2.5M ... unlikely as well

Dillon 3 x $2.5M

Silovs 2 X $1M

Would a statue be ordered if by some miracle the above was achieved by PA / JR

I had a similar idea. I doubt Toffoli signs that cheap but we'd be laughing if he does. 

• Cheers 2

Ship has sailed. He's 32 looking for a new contract with term.

What about taking a flyer on Dominik Kubalik? He would be that type of reclamation project JR/Allvin like. He's 28 and would be cheap, he's got some size, and he scored 30 goals a few years ago. Since that season he's toiled on loser teams in CHI, DET and OTT. Wonder if he'd do something on Petey's line.

Edited by Nucker67
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Funny because I’m thinking whoever lands Toffoli loses free agency. He’s likely looking for 4 years over 5+ million a year because of his season stats. Winnipeg fans don’t have glowing reviews about Toffoli in the playoffs. I don’t think he’s got the juice to kick it up a notch and was averaging 14 minutes of bad play. I’d much rather sign Arvidsson for less years at cheaper money! Heck whatever you’d pay Toffoli I’d rather give that to Debrusk but he’d even be cheaper than Toffoli. Debrusk in his last 2 seasons in the playoffs has 18 points in 20 games!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

It sounds like LA is going to go hard for him........tough for Van to compete with LA

Where do you come up with this? One team is a division winner trending cup contender and the other is the Oilers bridesmaid 3 years running with an aging core. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

New wish list

Dillon 3 x $2.5M

Silovs 2 X $1M

I'm thinking Stamkos is probably more of a 3x$10m to even get the discussion started, but possibly more like a 4x$8m.  That's just my hunch though.

And contrary to that tweet, if SS91 makes it to free agency and doesn't circle back to TBL, then whoever signs him will have won FAFJuly1st this year.  If he ends up signing with TBL despite hitting UFA, then other factors will determine who won FAFJuly1st, but I'm thinking it won't have much to do with Toffoli's contract.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Where do you come up with this? One team is a division winner trending cup contender and the other is the Oilers bridesmaid 3 years running with an aging core. 

Where does he come up with 95% of his crap?  lol

• Cheers 1

I've pointed it out several times now in multiple threads... Toffoli's performance dips considerably in the playoffs.  

His career PPG in the regular season is 0.64 PPG

His career PPG in the playoffs drops to 0.49 PPG

His career goals per season average in the regular season is 26 goals.

His career goals per playoff average is 18 goals.

Yes, in general production for lots of players drop in the playoffs, but a 0.15 PPG drop is significant... that's going from a 55 point player down to 42 points.  A 70 point player down to 57 points.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TopCheese said:

Skinner + toff or terovainen we desperately need shooters for petey and a pp 1 guy 

Terovainen would probably be the best out of the bunch. He’s more of a playmaker with a decent shot.  He can also play PK as he has a two-way game. Great possession player. Usually on weak side flank on PP

Just now, HKSR said:

I've pointed it out several times now in multiple threads... Toffoli's performance dips considerably in the playoffs.  

His career PPG in the regular season is 0.64 PPG

His career PPG in the playoffs drops to 0.49 PPG

His career goals per season average in the regular season is 26 goals.

His career goals per playoff average is 18 goals.

Yes, in general production for lots of players drop in the playoffs, but a 0.15 PPG drop is significant... that's going from a 55 point player down to 42 points.  A 70 point player down to 57 points.

Playoffs are my one concern with Toffoli but love the guy otherwise 

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

New wish list

Dillon 3 x $2.5M

Silovs 2 X $1M

Apparently Dillon is going to ask for more so the 3 x 3 is likely not enough to get Dillion. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Playoffs are my one concern with Toffoli but love the guy otherwise 

Yup.  I mean, as with most UFAs, it would come down to price for me.  If the guy signed for $4M AAV to come here, then I'd be all for it, but reality is he will be $5M+.  I'd much rather go after Debrusk.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1