Tyler Toffoli maybe best value of this year's secondary UFA group

4 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Funny because I’m thinking whoever lands Toffoli loses free agency. He’s likely looking for 4 years over 5+ million a year because of his season stats. Winnipeg fans don’t have glowing reviews about Toffoli in the playoffs. I don’t think he’s got the juice to kick it up a notch and was averaging 14 minutes of bad play. I’d much rather sign Arvidsson for less years at cheaper money! Heck whatever you’d pay Toffoli I’d rather give that to Debrusk but he’d even be cheaper than Toffoli. Debrusk in his last 2 seasons in the playoffs has 18 points in 20 games!

Debrusk over toffoli at this age for sure. maybe not year one but by year 3 for sure!

• Cheers 1

toffoli have a way better chance to go to LA than coming to vancouver. they have the space and they need scoring + he have strong connection with LA doughty and kopitar winning the cup together... we gonna end up with the tertiary debrusk on an overpaid deal because that's all there is left for forwards and he's gonna come stink up the joint coz he's not the type of player EP needs to produce

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wiener 1

7 hours ago, Agkr3w said:

Debrusk over toffoli at this age for sure. maybe not year one but by year 3 for sure!

I wouldn't mind adding DeBrusk. I think he could continue to be a 25-goal guy; that's nothing to sneeze about. Could his game be elevated to 30-goal scorer if he plays alongside Petey, Miller, and Brock? 

6 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Agreed. Toffoli isn't the difference between not winning a cup and winning a cup. We need a gamebreaker. 

Yep. I think we can all agree that we need more gamebreakers in our top six. We don't have enough. 

9 hours ago, iinatcc said:

But I would prefer Terovainen over Toffoli. 

I would as well, but I hear that Teurovainen isn't very physical. If we're adding him, then we may need to add a little more muscle in the bottom six. 

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Toffoli feels like the consolation prize for whichever team misses out on Stamkos and Guentzel. 

Which means he's probably coming here. 

Nah we’ll end up with Skinner. At least I hope so. 

• Wiener 1

6 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Agreed. Toffoli isn't the difference between not winning a cup and winning a cup. We need a gamebreaker. 

I dont think we need a gamebreaker. We have superstars, we need more guys to elevate the top6 so we can attack in waves and be much harder to shut down

id take 2x toffolis over 1x guentzel in our lineup

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Toffoli feels like the consolation prize for whichever team misses out on Stamkos and Guentzel. 

Which means he's probably coming here. 

If the term and amount is good than that is fine. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HKSR said:

I've always liked Teravainen.  Some people said he's a bit lazy though?  Not sure if that's just hear say.  

If he's lazy... he will be in Tocchets doghouse very quickly...

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

toffoli have a way better chance to go to LA than coming to vancouver. they have the space and they need scoring + he have strong connection with LA doughty and kopitar winning the cup together... we gonna end up with the tertiary debrusk on an overpaid deal because that's all there is left for forwards and he's gonna come stink up the joint coz he's not the type of player EP needs to produce

Wauh.... you don't seem to have much confidence in the managemant group Wei?

Let FA open before we complain about the players they bring in 😂

48 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I would as well, but I hear that Teurovainen isn't very physical. If we're adding him, then we may need to add a little more muscle in the bottom six. 

He does have a ton of Playoff experience though especially winning the Stanley Cup. maybe not physical but can play playoff hockey 

4 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Until they manage to take Connor Berdard from Chicago neither do I 🤪

• Haha 1

Not sure if he'll be the best value, all teams have money to spend this year & many will be after Toffoli, but I do think he would be a great addition.

Now that Guentzel & Reinhart are off the board, Toffoli seems to be the last legitimate option. I hope we can land him but he's also 32 & will have many teams after him... I hope he's open to coming back here or we might be in trouble this UFA season. 

Posted (edited)

Analytics has his ask at 6 x 3 years for Toffoli. 

That's not cheap. 

Not a big fan of his game other than his ability to sneak in and score goals.    A lot of his are around the net when nobody's looking, they aren't crashing the net or standing infront looking for tips with two guys standing there pounding away at his back.   Has a good shot too.   Was critical of his kitten act against Vegas.  At the time and still am. 

The rest, he's not physical, not great or even good on the forecheck or back check.   That's a lot of dough for a few extra goals then say Bertuzzi or Debrusk,  who for sure would fit into Tochett's system better.    Skinner, Kuzmenko 2.0,  stay clear. 

Know that we won't get the big fish.   And that there was some chemistry with EP (some not a pile of it).   Feel this would be a signing we'd regret.

Hope like last year, Allvin fills out the roster with guys who all can easily make their value.    Don't have a target as high as Soucy was on my list last season.   Other than Zadarov.    That boat looks to have sailed.

Roy or Pesce pretty much one of those guys need to happen now.   Or maybe Tanev.    We might regret not adding a 6th year to Zadarov's deal. 

I do think Lindholm might circle back to us.   Boston 7 x 7 is a lot more net pay so maybe that's where he ends up (same offer).   His Analytic deal was 6.7 x 5.    Believe we or someone else will have to overpay to get him.    He had a very strong post season for us,  second behind Joshua in hits (forwards)  and they weren't all love taps either.    Would much rather have him back then Toffoli.  

Marshmallow too, if we are going for a 3 deal with an aging vet, picking the Conn Smythe guy who just scored 42 goals.    Nice to get a some more Canadians/winners.

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

this have nothing to do with the management group it have everything to do with the canadian market.. most sought after UFA usually don't end up signing with a canadian teams.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Angry Mad GIF by Kyle Gordon

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Losing Lindholm to Boston and replacing him with Debrusk would be beyond retarded.. let's hope not. 

1 minute ago, shiznak said:

Nah, give me Skinner for 1 year at 5m-6m, instead.

Yep and if Skinner doesn't perform based on Tocchet's expectations he can go full Chalmers on him ...

Episode 18 Superintendent Chalmers GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 1