Tyler Toffoli maybe best value of this year's secondary UFA group

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

this have nothing to do with the management group it have everything to do with the canadian market.. most sought after UFA usually don't end up signing with a canadian teams.

Fair call amigo 🙂

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Analytics has his ask at 6 x 3 years for Toffoli. 

That's not cheap. 

Not a big fan of his game other than his ability to sneak in and score goals.    A lot of his are around the net when nobody's looking, they aren't crashing the net or standing infront looking for tips with two guys standing there pounding away at his back.   Has a good shot too.   Was critical of his kitten act against Vegas.  At the time and still am. 

The rest, he's not physical, not great or even good on the forecheck or back check.   That's a lot of dough for a few extra goals then say Bertuzzi or Debrusk,  who for sure would fit into Tochett's system better.    Skinner, Kuzmenko 2.0,  stay clear. 

Know that we won't get the big fish.   And that there was some chemistry with EP (some not a pile of it).   Feel this would be a signing we'd regret.

Hope like last year, Allvin fills out the roster with guys who all can easily make their value.    Don't have a target as high as Soucy was on my list last season.   Other than Zadarov.    That boat looks to have sailed.

Roy or Pesce pretty much one of those guys need to happen now.   Or maybe Tanev.    We might regret not adding a 6th year to Zadarov's deal. 

I do think Lindholm might circle back to us.   Boston 7 x 7 is a lot more net pay so maybe that's where he ends up (same offer).   His Analytic deal was 6.7 x 5.    Believe we or someone else will have to overpay to get him.    He had a very strong post season for us,  second behind Joshua in hits (forwards)  and they weren't all love taps either.    Would much rather have him back then Toffoli.  

Marshmallow too, if we are going for a 3 deal with an aging vet, picking the Conn Smythe guy who just scored 42 goals.    Nice to get a some more Canadians/winners.

Ironically Lindholm really looks like the best option available. Right hand faceoff guy needed and secondary scoring. He is the best of both available. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Good morning Mr Spook. Happy Canada Day 

PS. Are you sitting comfortably and ready for the free agency battle... ?

One thing about this management group is, there is always a better than average chance, that something involving Canucks will happen... The suspense thickens 🙂

Waiting Patiently GIF by General Hospital

• Like 1

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Ironically Lindholm really looks like the best option available. Right hand faceoff guy needed and secondary scoring. He is the best of both available. 

Wouldn't that be something... after all was said and done, we end up with Lindholm...............................................................ans big Zad :hurhur:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

PS. Are you sitting comfortably and ready for the free agency battle... ?

One thing about this management group is, there is always a better than average chance, that something involving Canucks will happen... The suspense thickens 🙂

Waiting Patiently GIF by General Hospital

I only got a couple hours of sleep haha. I’ll probably fall asleep again but it should be interesting. I hope! Little worried this year but we’ll see!!  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

I only got a couple hours of sleep haha. I’ll probably fall asleep again but it should be interesting. I hope! Little worried this year but we’ll see!!  

You know they'll be in on it...you just know it.... 😂 

Good luck staying away bud 🙂

Tired Baby GIF

• Haha 1