(SIGNING) Canucks Re-Sign Jett Woo to a one year deal

8 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

But with Meyers signing and the way RT talks about Juulson, I think our Right side is set. If Briser comes back healthy, it could be him and Freidman as 7/8, but if Woo can outplay Frieds at preseason, then I think Woo gets 8.

I think they will swing Brisebois through waivers easily and get him full time reps in the AHL. He only played 8 games last season, he will need to work off the rust.

Edited by Coryberg

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Think he went thru some injuries that stopped an otherwise seemingly positive progression by Woo last year. Still, he's getting at the age where you might think this will be his last professional (NHL) contract.

This exactly. He has been hit with some real bad luck injury wise. Remember how long it took Bieksa to stick with Vancouver? If I remember correctly, it took 6 years from him being drafted to become an NHL regular do to some nay injuries as well as Mono I believe. Woo is not on his level, obviously, but he still has a lot of potential and had "bought in" to what Tocchet has been preaching which led to him having an amazing year in Abbotsford. 

Edited by BTueyCanucksFan
Spelling

3 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

It’s pretty sad this signing is pinned. Career AHL’er. No chance of making it unless he goes on a steady diet of performance enhancing drugs and a prayer he doesn’t get tested.

What an awful post, lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Canuck You said:

It's about time our AHL players really start pushing for NHL jobs this coming season so we can save some dang money!..

I’m afraid we’ll only save money by switching to Geico.

• Haha 2
  • Wiener 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Reinawho?

Woo will be 24 this sesdin and has made it in to 0 NHL games.  

Reinbacher will be 19. Get back to me in 5 years if Reinbacher hasn't played a single NHL game. Otherwise you're comparison is as idiotic as your proclamation that Slafkovsky was a bust at 19 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Huggy Bear 1

57 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Reinawho?

Haberdoodles are puck suckingly bad at the draft. Bustkofski and then passing on a generational talent (Michkov) to draft a bustaroo bonsai in Bustbaucher. Loser team. Loser fans. 
Woo will be a better nhl player than bustbaucher. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Haberdoodles are puck suckingly bad at the draft. Bustkofski and then passing on a generational talent (Michkov) to draft a bustaroo bonsai in Bustbaucher. Loser team. Loser fans. 

Ole Ole 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you talking about the same Slafkovsky thst set a franchise record for points in a season by a teenager?  The same franchise with over 100 years of history and the most cups in the league? 

Yeah. Great analysis 

Edited by qwijjibo

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Could we find him a defensive partner named Benny???

PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEE??????

😉

I scrolled on by whistling n reading, then my mind caught up and I giggled three posts down. Figured I should scroll back and laugh out loud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I scrolled on by whistling n reading, then my mind caught up and I giggled three posts down. Figured I should scroll back and laugh out loud.

Was wondering how many people would make the connection lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Guntrix said:

What do people see in this guy other than the cool name?

Solid depth rh  dman. Not afraid to hit or mix it up. Was on both the pk and pp this season. Until his injury he was on the top pairing for Abby most nights. They sure did miss him in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Could we find him a defensive partner named Benny???

PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEE??????

😉

I immediately thought "Ben Hutton"...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

It’s pretty sad this signing is pinned. Career AHL’er. No chance of making it unless he goes on a steady diet of performance enhancing drugs and a prayer he doesn’t get tested.

apparently he’s also on that government  cheese and training this offseason in a van, down by the river 

22 hours ago, Fen1010 said:

Solid depth rh  dman. Not afraid to hit or mix it up. Was on both the pk and pp this season. Until his injury he was on the top pairing for Abby most nights. They sure did miss him in the playoffs.

They sure did miss him

And i’ll go out on a limb to say they will miss him again next season because if he’s healthy he’ll be on the big club.

If his knee holds up and he didn’t lose any mobility then I could see him making the big club out of training camp.

If his knee injury put him behind then start him on the farm and call him up later. I still think he has the chops to be in the nhl. 

His injury history is starting to worry me tho. He plays a tough game.

Here’s hoping he makes it! 

• Like 1