(SIGNING) Canucks Re-Sign Jett Woo to a one year deal

49 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

They sure did miss him

And i’ll go out on a limb to say they will miss him again next season because if he’s healthy he’ll be on the big club.

If his knee holds up and he didn’t lose any mobility then I could see him making the big club out of training camp.

If his knee injury put him behind then start him on the farm and call him up later. I still think he has the chops to be in the nhl. 

His injury history is starting to worry me tho. He plays a tough game.

Here’s hoping he makes it! 

I think he will be in tough to make the roster. He needs to beat out Friedman. 

3 minutes ago, Fen1010 said:

I think he will be in tough to make the roster. He needs to beat out Friedman. 

If he’s just going to sit in the press box I agree. Keep Friedman up instead.

I do think there is an opening tho to battle for the 3 RD spot. Desjarnais obviously is pencilled in but Woo has much more upside than him.

If Woo shows well they gotta see what they have in him at some point. He’s gotta get some nhl games in.

I’m also concerned if they waive him back to the farm he will get claimed.

I may also be a bit of a homer with him. I see a lot I like and think his skill set is translate able to the nhl…but i’ve been wrong on prospects before lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hard to say how this will go in camp. He's a player we could really have used to step up more last year and show he can push for an NHL spot. That's not to say he did poorly in the AHL, but he was more steady than stand out. This is definitely a prove it deal where future offers will be AHL centered or not at all if he doesn't.

Edited by elvis15

On 6/30/2024 at 10:59 PM, Grandmaster said:

It’s pretty sad this signing is pinned. Career AHL’er. No chance of making it unless he goes on a steady diet of performance enhancing drugs and a prayer he doesn’t get tested.

It can happen 

scott-steiner-entrance.gif

• Haha 1

• Jess unpinned this topic