[Speculation] Tampa Bay Lightning Reportedly Reach Contract Agreement With Jake Guentzel

Just now, DeNiro said:

You’re dreaming.

If Guentzel goes for 10 there’s no way he comes under that unless it’s with the Panthers where he’d take a discount. 

I wonder what the list is of teams that can afford Reinhart, must be a small list especially when you consider competitive teams 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

I’d rather have depth and roles filled than one guy that’s eats another 10 mill we can’t afford. 

Toffoli dillion duhaime Monahan all for probably  12mill maybe less

Edited by Combover
  • Cheers 1

Holy shit. I was all aboard the Jake train, but if he's getting 10 million in a co-tax state... Would have been way more for us. 

Drance said he wouldn't be shocked if we had to offer him 11 on multiple occasions. Actually looks like he was right of Jake got 10 in Tampa.

Posted (edited)

The report just said TB has enough space to sign him for $10M contract, not that they offered him $10M. I expect 7x$8.5M would be max. 

Edited by Canucks-12

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You’re dreaming.

If Guentzel goes for 10 there’s no way he comes under that unless it’s with the Panthers where he’d take a discount. 

Article in the Province today predicted Guentzel would get north of 9.  He got 10.

Same article predicts Reinhart would get north of 8.

So no - I'm not dreaming I am quoting the sports writer for the Province. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Combover said:

I’d rather have depth and roles filled than one guy that’s eats another 10 mill we can’t afford. 

Toffoli dillion duhaime Monahan all for probably  12mill 

Duhaime, Roy, Kylington

whatever the combo they can pick up some solid depth pieces .

my hope is that lekkeremaki can fill the top 6 winger  role at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Too long and alittle too much even at 7 years for 9.5 might be too much, now let’s try get 1 or 2 top 6 good value players and 1 good dman, save some money for mid season when teams falling off want to offload some good players for cheap.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

The report just said TB has enough space to sign him for $10M contract, not that they offered him $10M. I expect 7x$8.5M would be max. 

watching internet rumours bloom in realtime because people don't know how to read is both fascinating and terrifying. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

If true then what in the Betty Crocker, crik-drinking, mayo sandwich eating, bare-hand ass-wiping inbred, single branched family tree GM's did they install for his particular day? Must be the reason they call it the silly season. Good thing we appear to have competent @King Heffy approved POHO and PA. 

If true then Stamkos is already packing his bags unless Tampax fire sells another piece or three to offer him a contract remotely near his worth.

Edited by Rocket-68

17 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Now that Guentzel is off the list, time to bolster the D. 

We don't actually know that he's off the market, still very much speculation. 2 days ago, media was reporting that his signing an 8 year deal with Carolina was imminent. 

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You’re dreaming.

BTW the terms of Guentzel's deal have not been released and probably won't be until tomorrow.  There is no evidence it is actually 10M - it may be 9.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Damn that's too bad. Sucks he wouldn't even test the market I think VAN would be a better fit, but if Tampa is going to 10M AAV that's further than we could go.

Now we are up against it to add a winger, hopefully Toffoli but he'll have alot of leverage

Edited by Smashian Kassian

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

They literally have no money after this if what we expect is minimum 8 million and they need to sign another 7 players with 8 million cap space remaining 

I smell a circumvention brewing?