[Speculation] Tampa Bay Lightning Reportedly Reach Contract Agreement With Jake Guentzel

27 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

The report just said TB has enough space to sign him for $10M contract, not that they offered him $10M. I expect 7x$8.5M would be max. 

We'd then have to offer 10 to match his tax situation, so either way, too much.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

geez glad it wasn't us.

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV

Tampa bay has now traded Guentzel to Vancouver 

Its a sign and trade 

Edited by Devron
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

Tampa Bay Lightning Reportedly Reach Contract Agreement With Jake Guentzel

June 30th, 2024 at 7:32pm CST • By Brennan McClain

According to Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff, the Tampa Bay Lightning have agreed to terms on a contract with pending UFA forward Jake Guentzel. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed and may take until tomorrow to fully develop. The news comes a few hours after the Lightning acquired Guentzel’s rights from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for a third-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft.

More to come…

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/tampa-bay-lightning-reportedly-reach-contract-agreement-with-jake-guentzel.html#google_vignette

Your title is  misleading.  No terms of this deal have been released. All the news are saying it appears a deal has been reached but the terms wont be released until tomorrow likely.

You have 5 pages of people commenting on your 10M number when it is fiction.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Your title is  misleading.  No terms of this deal have been released. All the news are saying it appears a deal has been reached but the terms wont be released until tomorrow likely.

That's why I kind of can't stand it when the OP posts these kinds of articles when most of the time they're just pure speculation. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Pears said:

That's why I kind of can't stand it when the OP posts these kinds of articles when most of the time they're just pure speculation. 

Well in @RWJC defense, the OP did change the title to include the [SPECULATION] tag back on page 1 ... I wish it was 9AM tomorrow already.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing said:

So much for JG worrying about their aging core. Now we can all finally move on. 

If the AAV isn't significantly higher than the 8x8 deal offered by Carolina, you can't tell me tax isn't a factor. 

No big deal if $10M x 7 is the deal lol

Holy moly.

Some of these numbers making our bargain signings look pretty good so far. I know we need to add at least one flashy name but this far I like Mr Discipline Allvin.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Pears said:

26 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I’m just posting what comes up. Don’t shit on me for what Seravalli is reporting or what is being speculated. I’m also not claiming to be a pundit or make a career off it, am I?

If anything as I’ve stated before I’m posting for discussion sake and what an apparent recognized industry insider is claiming professionally. 

@Pears the section is called Trades Rumours and Signings. If you dont want to discuss speculation then kindly switch to another topic yeah? 
I’m not trying to mislead. I’m quoting what is out there. You have the option to read, reply or ignore. I kinda can’t stand people who bitch about their own fucking choices. Maybe just ignore my posts then?

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

Just now, RWJC said:

I’m just posting what comes up. Don’t shit on me for what Seravalli is reporting or what is being speculated. I’m also not claiming to be a pundit or make a career off it, am I?

If anything as I’ve stated before I’m posting for discussion sake and what an apparent recognized industry insider is claiming professionally. 

@Pears the section is called Trades Rumours and Signings. If you dont want to discuss speculation then kindly switch to another topic yeah? 
mom not trying to mislead. I’m quoting what is out there. You have the option to read, reply or ignore. I kinda can’t stand people who bitch about their own fucking choices. Maybe just ignore my posts then?

Yes but it needs to be titled accurately, this is currently speculation at best and by wording of the article 99% bs at best 

11 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well in @RWJC defense, the OP did change the title to include the [SPECULATION] tag back on page 1 ... I wish it was 9AM tomorrow already.

I posted it as [Specualtion] to begin with. Almost all my posts that I believe are conjecture are posted like that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

mom not trying to mislead. I’m quoting what is out there. You have the option to read, reply or ignore. I kinda can’t stand people who bitch about their own fucking choices. Maybe just ignore my posts then?

What a bunch of BS.  Your title should say speculation - Guentzel is signing in TBay. Terms to be released tomorrow.

Period.

Just now, fanfor42 said:

What a bunch of BS.  Your title should say speculation - Guentzel is signing in TBay. Terms to be released tomorrow.

Period.

It says SPECULATION in the title.

do you require a dictionary for what that word means?

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I posted it as [Specualtion] to begin with. Almost all my posts that I believe are conjecture are posted like that.

the thing you posted doesn't even speculate it's a $10 m deal, it just suggests that tampa has the space to offer that. 

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

It says SPECULATION in the title.

do you require a dictionary for what that word means?

You've got 5 pages of people coming here to say wow 10M that's crazy and You know it's not true.

Partner you haven't even bothered to add Seravelli's update where he himself says nothing has been announced.

It is misleading and you know it.

But you do you buddy.

2 minutes ago, tas said:

the thing you posted doesn't even speculate it's a $10 m deal, it just suggests that tampa has the space to offer that. 

I’ll repost what is already in the thread.

Again, I did not write the fucking article. Can you guys digest this please and thanks.

Tampa Bay Lightning Reportedly Reach Contract Agreement With Jake Guentzel

June 30th, 2024 at 7:32pm CST • By Brennan McClain

According to Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff, the Tampa Bay Lightning have agreed to terms on a contract with pending UFA forward Jake Guentzel. The deal’s financial terms were not disclosed and may take until tomorrow to fully develop. The news comes a few hours after the Lightning acquired Guentzel’s rights from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for a third-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft.

The reported deal will likely check in at an eight-year term with the Lightning owning enough cap space to give Guentzel nearly $10MM annually. Because the team acquired Guentzel’s signing rights earlier today, Tampa Bay became the only team able to sign Guentzel to an eight-year contract. If Guentzel made it to free agency tomorrow, the Lightning would have only been able to offer him a max of seven years — the same as all other suitors.

After being acquired by the Hurricanes at the trade deadline from the Pittsburgh Penguins, Guentzel proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he could thrive without playing next to Sidney Crosby. However, by inking a contract with the Lightning, Guentzel may arguably have better linemates. The team will likely start him next to Nikita Kucherov and Brayden Point on the top line, with the former finishing up a season in which he led the league in assists and points.

Guentzel will land in Tampa Bay having already played 520 regular season games at the NHL level while scoring 227 goals and 491 points through eight years. Largely known for his postseason contributions; Guentzel is a one-time winner of the Stanley Cup as he’s scored 38 goals and 67 points in 69 career games in the playoffs. After being knocked out in the first round of back-to-back postseasons, the Lightning will surely be looking for Guentzel to help turn around the team’s most recent fortunes.

Depending on the financial terms of the agreement, the contract between Guentzel and the Lightning organization may have some collateral damage. With longtime captain Steven Stamkos hitting the free agent market tomorrow, Tampa Bay may not have the cap flexibility to re-sign him after all.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/tampa-bay-lightning-reportedly-reach-contract-agreement-with-jake-guentzel.html#ref=home

• RWJC changed the title to [Speculation] Tampa Bay Lightning Reportedly Reach Contract Agreement With Jake Guentzel
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

The reported deal will likely check in at an eight-year term with the Lightning owning enough cap space to give Guentzel nearly $10MM annually.

I'm sorry, but this isn't that hard. we know the first part of that is impossible already, and if you read the second part, all it says is that the lightning have enough cap space to offer $10m, it doesn't even speculate that they did. not that this clueless person would know anyway. 

Edited by tas

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

hopefully Stamkos feels hurt by the disrespect the Bolts did to him and sign a team friendly 2mx4 with the Canucks as revenge.

I could live with that, and I'm pretty sure GMPA would happily live with that.  :hurhur:

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If PA gets Reinhart, I'll have to start a go-fund me to put up a statue.

Make sure you get extra funds solicited to purchase a lifetime supply of polish and the services of a guy to polish the statue's noggin'... gotta be shiny like the real person, y'know!  :hurhur: