40 minutes ago, Devron said:

Thats what happens though. It’s whatever we do is the right move. Seen it with Big Z. All of a sudden he’s not very good cause he’s not signing with us 

That can’t be healthy. It does help to explain a lot in society today.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Good for him ....he's earned it.   The Canucks couldn't match what he got and the term without weakening the team.

It's right for him and right for us not to have matched the offer they gave him. I wish him well 

Well said. Love the player, but his fearlessness leads to injuries. As he ages those injuries will likely be more frequent and take longer to heal. 

Even if it is the Leafs, I hope I’m wrong and that he has a good season or two. 

do we have anything other than a single kevin weekes tweet to support this signing at this point? a tweet that merely speculates what a deal might be worth annually, not even suggesting openly whether that's an offered deal or an accepted deal?

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Can we just sign Zadorov now! 

if Tanev signed for 5 I have a feeling Z may be a little disappointed with some of the offers he sees… 

but who knows. Can’t teach big, and he’s mobile. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

I guess Tanev has enough pride to still want to make the playoffs, but knows he cant handle another long playoff run. 

So the Leafs are a perfect fit for him. 

Lotta great golfers on that team. Maybe Tanman wants to improve his game. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DixonWard said:

IMHO Alf is a true fan who looks at everything through Canucks-coloured glasses. I love him for that! You are supposed to love your team and hate the other ones. Once Tanev signs elsewhere, he's much worse than if he signed here. Many of the "fans" on this site could learn a bit of this from Alf. The very fact that you are anxiously looking to prove him wrong by looking up old posts when he is just trying to support his team, says way more about you than him.

You sure know a lot about the nuances of mine and Alf’s relationship. Thanks for telling me who I am and who I should aspire to be. 

21 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hey, if we ever need someone to pull a Tonya Harding on the other team, @Alflivesis our guy. He chews up Maple Leafs and spits out Orca's!

Chuck Noris doesn't break people, he sends Alf to do it...

😉

Holy crap, is this an Alf dock feast? 

if you’ve ever watched the movie “What about Bob?!” Alf is like Bill Murray and I feel like Richard Dreyfuss 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Holy crap, is this an Alf dock feast? 

if you’ve ever watched the movie “What about Bob?!” Alf is like Bill Murray and I feel like Richard Dreyfuss 

Baby steps to the elevator 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Brad Treliv……. I mean Moe Green is going to have something to say about that (although we know how that all ends)

I'll arrange the message the next time the leafs are in town.......  fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and I put you in the ground.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

But trading for rights doesn't mean anything, right?

Yea trading for rights the guy 99% of the time signs a new contract. People dont get it even after watching so many trades. 

10 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Yea trading for rights the guy 99% of the time signs a new contract. People dont get it even after watching so many trades. 

That rat bastard got Tanev twice!!!!! What does he have on him?!!!

Deja Vu to when Benning said we have made an offer to Chris and he is going to sleep on it and let us know in the morning...then it was announced an hour later he had signed in Calgary.

Lol.  This time around it doesn't hurt as much.

Also, I remember people saying last time that 4 years was too long.  This time it is true.  Lol.

23 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Hamhuis was traded twice in the same offseason and signed with neither team. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Deja Vu to when Benning said we have made an offer to Chris and he is going to sleep on it and let us know in the morning...then it was announced an hour later he had signed in Calgary.

Lol.  This time around it doesn't hurt as much.

Also, I remember people saying last time that 4 years was too long.  This time it is true.  Lol.

Having a "Goodfellas" moment. When Pesce yells "YOU MOUTHAFUCKIN MUTT!!!!!!!" when I think of that asshole getting him again.

55 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

You sure know a lot about the nuances of mine and Alf’s relationship. Thanks for telling me who I am and who I should aspire to be. 

You're welcome