1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

The fact Guentzel hasn’t been officially announced yet is trending closer to 50% 😉

they said it might take until morning. I'm still curious about the tanev one though. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I will wait until I hear it from a better insider.

He may sign with the Leafs, but I have only seen one source so far.  Maybe Weekes is tied into Toronto, but he doesn’t seem to break much.

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

He may sign with the Leafs, but I have only seen one source so far.  Maybe Weekes is tied into Toronto, but he doesn’t seem to break much.

He does randomly hit on things out of the blue being first one to break it. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

I've seen his fat forehead breaking a ton over the past few years. Can't help but remember the cringe.

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Hamhuis was traded twice in the same offseason and signed with neither team. 

That's why I say 99%. Thanks for bringing an an example from over 10 years ago though, that really helps for trades in 2024. 

14 minutes ago, Provost said:

Dunno, when he comes out of the blue with stuff like this he's usually on the mark 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

That's why I say 99%. Thanks for bringing an an example from over 10 years ago though, that really helps for trades in 2024. 

Just using a sampling size from 2009-2015 it was just under 77% and it’s even harder now since teams can talk but not formally offer 5 days in advance. 

trading for rights is actually riskier now than it was 10 years ago. 

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Heyyyyyy, what about that Zadorov guy???

😉

well if you have his IG we can tell him the fans will pay the difference.. in a go fund me...

This will be 5M x 6-7 years, for a guy turning 35 in December...

This is blatant cap circumvention, its hilarious the league tries to act serious about the salary cap then punishes teams selectively (Luongo recapture) while every other team is allowed off Scott-free (Kovalchuk/Weber penalties reduced, Vegas throwing guys on LTIR the same time every season, exc)

Toronto will ride out the last 3 years of this contract with him on LTIR (when they decide he isn't helping them anymore) and will face no consequences for doing it.

Its so obvious that there is even a well established name for it already in Toronto - 'Robidas island' - what a league! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

Tanev earned his pay day. But seriously he's not going to play till he's 40. Toronto is doing whatever it needs to get past the first round. They'll probably overpay for Zadorov as well. 

Rumour is they're going after OEL 

Edited by qwijjibo