[Report] Marchessault will hit the market

I mean Robertson is wanting out of Toronto if we want a younger potential Marchessault. He's cut from the same cloth and scoring at a .5 PPG pace only playing 11:21 away from Leafs top dogs with little to no PP time. 

• Cheers 4

25 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

undersized 33 yr old two time Champ.... stay away.

his good days are behind him, he's going for that retirement contract.

Or he could be pissed off with VGK and play with a ton of fire to show them what they gave up on.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I mean Robertson is wanting out of Toronto if we want a younger potential Marchessault. He's cut from the same cloth and scoring at a .5 PPG pace only playing 11:21 away from Leafs top dogs with little to no PP time. 

Let's get some DG 2.0s

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

That’s a big free agent on the market. Wonder what kind of term he’s looking for. I feel like he would be such a great fit in Vancouver, but pretty sure we can’t afford him

It'd be a great fit if we are aiming to have a midget on every line. Contending to be the softest team and easiest to be pushed around in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Drakrami said:

It'd be a great fit if we are aiming to have a midget on every line. Contending to be the softest team and easiest to be pushed around in the playoffs. 

Marchessault is far from soft 

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I mean I’d rather pay Robertson a prove it deal and have him play with Miller and Boeser then see Suter on that wing next year.

• Like 2

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

I mean I’d rather pay Robertson a prove it deal and have him play with Miller and Boeser then see Suter on that wing next year.

I would stick him with Miller too. Would be an annoying line to play against.

You have to trade for him. He's RFA under Toronto who wants out.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Or he could be pissed off with VGK and play with a ton of fire to show them what they gave up on.

Marsh and Stephenson please. Totally transform top6 at 8m tops.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

undersized 33 yr old two time Champ.... stay away.

his good days are behind him, he's going for that retirement contract.

Dunno, I think him and his agent probably realize teams are going to be cagey about giving him extensive term

I don't think he's washed up either, he just hit a career high in goals

He'll be 34 in December, I could see teams offering him 2-3 years at like 5-7M

His production has been pretty stable throughout his Vegas tenure

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I need to take my LeafHate coloured glasses off sometimes I guess because I just assumed he was awful (like all tertiary Leafs). Those are really impressive numbers 😶

7 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Marsh and Stephenson please. Totally transform top6 at 8m tops.

I’d love them but Marchessault scored 41 goals last year.  He’s coming in at close to 8 on his own. 

I could see us kicking tires, though. On him and Arvidsson. 

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I need to take my LeafHate coloured glasses off sometimes I guess because I just assumed he was awful (like all tertiary Leafs). Those are really impressive numbers 😶

He wants out of the Leafs do to underutilizing him which he has a somewhat point maybe. He could make any excuse to want out of Toronto though and I wouldn't blame him. He'd definitely get used here. Would look nice with Miller or Petey. 

He is currently an RFA. 

He is the younger brother of Jason Robertson of the Dallas Stars. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

7x3 years only if we miss out on Stamkos and if he's gone too I'd look to wait during the season and whichever team usually falls off will start trading for an elite scorers with terms.  We must get an elite scoring winger and I only see 3 left that I really like 1. Stamkos 2. Marchessault 3. Skinner(if cheap can afford 1 of the top 2 + skinner)

Edited by Madskillz

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Robertson would be an interesting add, good production in Laff land, and a higher ceiling if utilized properly

2 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

That’s a big free agent on the market. Wonder what kind of term he’s looking for. I feel like he would be such a great fit in Vancouver, but pretty sure we can’t afford him

I mean, if we can afford Guentzel, I'm pretty sure we can afford Marsch. 

The biggest difference for me is age. March is 33, while Guentzel's 29. How many more years can Marchessault can he play at a high level? Would he be a good stylistic fit for Petey? 

7 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Robertson would be an interesting add, good production in Laff land, and a higher ceiling if utilized properly

He's also 5'9. Is his talent an elite talent for a guy who is so small to thrive and succeed? 

38 minutes ago, Madskillz said:

7x3 years only if we miss out on Stamkos and if he's gone too I'd look to wait during the season and whichever team usually falls off will start trading for an elite scorers with terms.  We must get an elite scoring winger and I only see 3 left that I really like 1. Stamkos 2. Marchessault 3. Skinner(if cheap can afford 1 of the top 2 + skinner)

I don't think we land Stamkos. Marchessault is possible, depending on what he's asking for in terms of dollars and term. Skinner I'm not bullish on. But if he comes cheap, then maybe? But it would be disappointing if Skinner is the guy management is targeting. Means that they've struck out on all the other players they wanted.