[Report] Marchessault will hit the market

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I would stick him with Miller too. Would be an annoying line to play against.

You have to trade for him. He's RFA under Toronto who wants out.

I think he could be had for relatively cheap. I mean, what's Toronto gonna do, just bury him? 

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

He's also 5'9. Is his talent an elite talent for a guy who is so small to thrive and succeed? 

He's a .5 ppg player, 22 years old, playing limited minutes on the Laffs...he won't regress, and could do much better, that's what matters

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He's also 5'9. Is his talent an elite talent for a guy who is so small to thrive and succeed? 

188  so he's not a twig.   That's almost ten lbs heavier than EP.    Guy won the Conn Smythe and followed it up.   The only concern I have with this guy is he's use to taking home 64% of his pay.   In Vancouver, it will be 47%.     If money is the problem, and he couldn't make it work with Vegas...well it's the same thing that makes me nervous with Stamkos.   Stamkos is motivated to earn at least, having lost so much of his money to bad business.   

He's a nice target.   And he's Canadian so maybe he's fond of Vancouver and the idea of living in BC.     Would prefer him to Toffoli that's for sure.    As for the size, I do hear you there too.     

There are only a handful of legit top six wingers available really.    Have to pay to play, at least his term shouldn't be that long.     If we were willing to go after Guentzel, they should be willing to go down their list and sure he's on it. 

Lindholm might circle back too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Marchessault is far from soft 

Yip. Hell of a player actually. Always loved his tenacity. Would love him here just not on any long term deal. I could see that body breaking down early the way he plays. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

188  so he's not a twig.   That's almost ten lbs heavier than EP.    Guy won the Conn Smythe and followed it up.   The only concern I have with this guy is he's use to taking home 64% of his pay.   In Vancouver, it will be 47%.     If money is the problem, and he couldn't make it work with Vegas...well it's the same thing that makes me nervous with Stamkos.   Stamkos is motivated to earn at least, having lost so much of his money to bad business.   

He's a nice target.   And he's Canadian so maybe he's fond of Vancouver and the idea of living in BC.     Would prefer him to Toffoli that's for sure.    As for the size, I do hear you there too.    

What's all this stuff about Stamkos having lost a bunch of money to bad business? He's grossed 100M in his career + whatever from endorsements. Surely he's not hurting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What's all this stuff about Stamkos having lost a bunch of money to bad business? He's grossed 100M in his career + whatever from endorsements. Surely he's not hurting.

I was wondering that myself. 

9 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

Marsh and Stephenson please. Totally transform top6 at 8m tops.

8mill tops? Methinks more like 5.5-6 for Stephenson and 7-8 for Marsh