Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 4 year, $3.5M Cap Hit; Maple Leafs

• Theo5789 changed the title to [Signing] OEL to Toronto
1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

this will get bought out

amazing 

good for you TO 

a bottom pairing D that cannot hit and can barely skate 

Somebody said it in, I think, the Forbort thread, and I'll say it here. We really aren't as intelligent of a fanbase as previously thought. Lol. The guy with 105 hits, can't hit? 20 hits in 7 games in the Finals. He's not a world shaker, but that's still pretty damn solid. Also, bottom pairing? He averaged 18 minutes a game on a cup contender. He'll get 18-19 minutes for Toronto, and for 3.5mil. Is pretty solid. That's roughly what we're paying Soucy and Myers to play. 3-3.25mil for 18ish minutes a game. Contract is fine. Guy routinely plays the majority of the season.

5 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Somebody said it in, I think, the Forbort thread, and I'll say it here. We really aren't as intelligent of a fanbase as previously thought. Lol. The guy with 105 hits, can't hit? 20 hits in 7 games in the Finals. He's not a world shaker, but that's still pretty damn solid. Also, bottom pairing? He averaged 18 minutes a game on a cup contender. He'll get 18-19 minutes for Toronto, and for 3.5mil. Is pretty solid. That's roughly what we're paying Soucy and Myers to play. 3-3.25mil for 18ish minutes a game. Contract is fine. Guy routinely plays the majority of the season.

WELL....Had he not given up on that empty net McDavid goal , Florida could have went the other way and scored and possibly been Stanley cup champions.....earlier! So HA.

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

WELL....Had he not given up on that empty net McDavid goal , Florida could have went the other way and scored and possibly been Stanley cup champions.....earlier! So HA.

Tkachuk was -5 in that series and had 3 points. But one controller died moment from OEL means he's gutter trash. Coping Canucks fans are almost funnier than victim complex Canucks fans.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 10:36 AM, Gurn said:

OEL is 32    add 4 years= 36

Tanev is 34 add 6 year deal =40

I like both players, but father time is undefeated.

Guess they figure to "robidas' island them, or hope they retire before the last couple of years.

It's a bit too long, but that cap hit is honestly pretty good for OEL, probably moreso as the cap rises. The Tanev deal is a real head scratcher though.

• Upvote 1