Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Probably the same way that people on your suggested side of the spectrum did when their preferred elected officials stripped their benefits and rights as veterans or were called losers for being POWs

Are you conflating what Trump said with Canada again? Who called POW's losers? i remember Trump said that about McCain.

That is BS if they really do that but like most things nowadays, it's hard to find any evidence to back that up.

I don't trust the conservatives either, i told you that. The NDP crossed the floor so it's a two party system now and both have their hands deep in our pockets.

One under the guise of a carbon tax and the other under the guise of austerity cuts.

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You and your two first overall pick defensemen and your tage thompson.  Pffft

Suck in a historic fashion and set the record for playoff futility and you end up with a good player or two.  😂

Sadly, you also suck the passion out of what was once one of the most passionate fan bases in the league. 🫤

• Vintage 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:45 PM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Apparently there's a few overpasses missing some idiots today. Gender affirming care is medical treatment, determined by medical professionals, in order to save the lives of so many members of the lgbtq+ community who disproportionately take their own lives. Surgeries are not performed on minors in Canada with the exception of extreme cases, and there are long comprehensive steps that need to be done before anyone is considered for any type of treatment.

As far as hormones go, imagine you are a child who was born a boy but has always felt like a girl. All of a sudden pubery hits and your body starts changing. You start developing masculine traits that guarantee you wil be questioned by everyone you meet as to your gender at birth. Your body will never match the way you feel and there's nothing you can do about it. Hormone blockers can be used to stop those changes, and contrary to the propaganda, they can be stopped and reversed if done in a reasonable amount of time. 

Again this is a medical procedure determined by doctors, not construction workers. 

And Hip, you may want to delve in Rons posts a little more before heaping so much praise. I'm sure that part about teachers dressing appropriately is about that teacher back east with the huge fake boobs, who by all accounts is most likely an unhinged alt right nutbar trying to make a point. Literal propaganda being eaten up by the uninformed, it has to be called out. 

As far as parents rights, who do you think is the main issue in most of these cases? Imagine if blakequinnandeggs had a kid who questioned their own identity,how do you think that would go? Many children are disowned or ostracized by their families because they are gay or trans. Where do you think most of them end up? Let the medical professionals do their job and, if you aren't one, stfu.

Your probably right that the big boob add on person was a troll. But why was it even allowed to happen?

Add "dress professionally" to your post and I agree with it. It's not a high bar. Why give the anti SOGI people ammo?

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Suck in a historic fashion and set the record for playoff futility and you end up with a good player or two.  😂

Sadly, you also suck the passion out of what was once one of the most passionate fan bases in the league. 🫤

At.....at least you're not the Leafs?

Plus you have two towering norris calibre potential defensemen on your blueline forever now.

The last team that had that was Anaheim with Neidermeyer and Pronger and before that Jersey with neidermeyer and Stevens.

Just you know.  Gotta suck to dominate for a decade.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

so are you a left authoritarian? should violence and hate be demonstrated at conservative political parties or just at extremist rallies?

Last I checked, people on the left aren't following PP around, throwing rocks etc.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Last I checked, people on the left aren't following PP around, throwing rocks etc.  

To be fair.  I actually can not recall the last time I saw any level of violence or protesting at any conservative rallies outside of the march for life BS on parliament hill.

But I sure have seen a ton of people following the PM since around late 2018 throwing insults flying flags on their trucks and having nifty stickers and following them around and berating them heckling yelling throwing stones eggs etc and even physical threats

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

To be fair.  I actually can not recall the last time I saw any level of violence or protesting at any conservative rallies outside of the march for life BS on parliament hill.

But I sure have seen a ton of people following the PM since around late 2018 throwing insults flying flags on their trucks and having nifty stickers and following them around and berating them heckling yelling throwing stones eggs etc and even physical threats

im sure your personal experience is proof enough for everyone to agree with you...

Just now, Rob Eh said:

That guy that shot the guy in Trump shirt in Seattle? Oh, you didn't see it, i forgot.

The guy that mowed down dozens at a Christmas parade in Kenosha?. The guy that ran over a trucker protestor in Winnipeg? The church shooting by the manifesto nut bar? The 16 year old that just got punched in the face just this last weekend and no i'm not doing your research for you again. Look it up yourself.

Just now, stawns said:

Are they?  I don't see any violence on the left, do you?

in the us there is many instances of it... in canada we are  likely to form protests, but violence is less prevelant, would you agree?...  but the question remains should we be using violence and hate at conservative rallies or just extremist rallies?

Just now, Rob Eh said:

The guy that mowed down dozens at a Christmas parade in Kenosha?. The guy that ran over a trucker protestor in Winnipeg? The church shooting by the manifesto nut bar? The 16 year old that just got punched in the face just this last weekend and no i'm not doing your research for you again. Look it up yourself.

First you try and sell a deep fake video that clearly says it's a deep fake, then you quote yourself?

• Cheers 1