Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

anyways... if you say something as ignorant as "Muh freedoms" and advocate for peoples banishment all in like the span of 5 minutes. thats going to bother millions of albertans who do not support trump, myself included... I miss the NDP government and Rachel notley...

3 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

I believe he is talking about certain people's attitudes towards unvaccinated people 

Oh, I cant speak to that.

My experiences are more about people being upset about BC being NDP etc and having a lot of Federal Liberal support....at the time.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

cool thanks... and what was the cutoff line for suspected illegal activities...??? how certain did they have to be before they acted? How likely did they misjudge and get a few honest people's bank accounts frozen?

You'll have to do your own research.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

anyways... if you say something as ignorant as "Muh freedoms" and advocate for peoples banishment all in like the span of 5 minutes. thats going to bother millions of albertans who do not support trump, myself included... I miss the NDP government and Rachel notley...

Really love that you said this.

I hate seeing Trump flags on Canadain soil. Thanks man. 

• Cheers 3

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The RCMP told the committee that around 257 accounts of people and businesses involved in the protests had been frozen by financial institutions.

Assistant RCMP Commissioner Michel Arcand said the accounts were frozen to encourage protesters in Ottawa to leave and to discourage others from joining the protests.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6376955

So the RCMP admit that bank accounts were frozen “to encourage protestors in Ottawa to leave”.

That reason isn’t part of the Bank of Canada Act. That is shit that is only done in 3rd world countries and in Nazi Germany. 

And you wonder why Trudeau cannot get re-elected. 

The Bank of Canada was not involved here.   The Emergencies Act was involved.   Perhaps we can agree on that fact though I doubt we would agree on the need to invoke that act.  

Please don't assume to wonder about what I wonder. 

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It is my impression from some posts today that a few have defended the idea that she can be called that.

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I blame Theo. We seem to be following his lead today.

The bias is strong

We all know who here started throwing around the Nazi/Hitler rhetoric and it wasn't theo.  

Edited by Wiggums

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

The bias is strong

We all know who here started throwing around the Nazi/Hitler rhetoric and it wasn't theo.  Are you guys afraid of said person or something?

You havent been reading along have you chief.

Heff came in here and stated his position and many people have mentioned that they dont like the term Nazi.

As for your confused emoji on one of my posts, I already addressed my impression as this Freeland discussion came from the idea that she was influenced by her grandfather.

Keep up man. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Wiggums said:

The bias is strong

We all know who here started throwing around the Nazi/Hitler rhetoric and it wasn't theo.  Are you guys afraid of said person or something?

No one is afraid.   We do know that he has made many incendiary posts over the years and no one has been able to deter him yet.   We also know he also makes many interesting and intelligent posts.  

You asked me why you should read for me.   Why should I battle for you?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No one is afraid.   We do know that he has made many incendiary posts over the years and no one has been able to deter him yet.   We also know he also makes many interesting and intelligent posts.  

You asked me why you should read for me.   Why should I battle for you?

Heff comes by to answer criticisms of his posts and doesn’t do fly-bys to drop shit and not come back and answer for it like some posters. I respect that. I might not always agree with his approach but not everyone agrees wth mine either. C’est la vie, that’s what forums are for.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, 4petesake said:

Heff comes by to answer criticisms of his posts and doesn’t do fly-bys to drop shit and not come back and answer for it like some posters. I respect that. I might not always agree with his approach but not everyone agrees wth mine either. C’est la vie, that’s what forums are for.

I can only agree.   I may not always agree with Heff but he has as much right as anyone to speak out.  And I disagree with him in that I don't see any relation between PP and 1930 German politics.  I can see some with Trump in 2020 but that's another story.

I just wanted to make it plain that it was ONE GUY that used the word Nazi - whether he should have or not -  and the rest of us should not be accused of it.   Of course it was also ONE GUY that invited a Nazi to the HOC and that hasn't stopped the blame from going out to the entire Liberal Party like pepper spray.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

Nobody advocated for anyone's banishment 🤨 These were people very much leaving of their own free will. I'm just happy to have all the entitled, misguided snow flakes wanting to go to one place to be together.

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

One of my good friend's son lived in downtown Ottawa during the freedumb convoy shut down downtown.

The verbal abuse people took was horrible from them.

Businesses had to shut down.

I would have thrown them all in jail.

As far as the idiots shutting down the border because they could not cross the border in their trucks.....dumb is the only way to describe them.

It was also a USA rule that you had to be vaccinated to cross.

But let's blame our Government.

Dumbasses.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

16 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

One of my good friend's son lived in downtown Ottawa during the freedumb convoy shut down downtown.

The verbal abuse people took was horrible from them.

Businesses had to shut down.

I would have thrown them all in jail.

As far as the idiots shutting down the border because the could not cross the border in their trucks.....dumb is the only way to describe them.

It was also a USA rule that you had to be vaccinated to cross.

But let's blame our Government.

Dumbasses.

Not to mention, most of the other things they were bitching about were provincial issues, with many of those provinces under conservative leadership. An entire country beholden to morons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1