Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I live in greater Vancouver and there's a truck that parks out front of my kids elementary school with the biggest fuck Trudeau sticker on his back window you've ever seen. Can't imagine how many parents have had to explain that one to their kids. 

Oh no, not this shaggy headed guy again. Now that the old site has closed, we're getting a lot of recidivists coming to this site now. 🤣

Almost 20 years ago but I'm sure we'll be inundated with all of pp's less than stellar moments well before the election. RDT_20230930_2008477192565495655484604.thumb.jpg.71945adea8ac0ae507c01491f75b5008.jpg

He was essentially told to shut his mouth the moment it was all but set that he'd be leader post O'Toole.

Look at his former activism with canada's two largest christian right to life groups.  His history is well recorded both voting and personal.  That happens with roughly 2+ decades in public office.

Still curious as to how people want to answer how he's a man of the peopel knowing that his net worth is this

What is Pierre Poilievre’s net worth in 2023?
Pierre Poilievre’s estimated net worth in 2023 is $5 million.

While also telling us how his net worth dropped from just over $8 million in 2020 after he announced how proud and happy he was to be investing in and trusting bitcoin and crypto currency

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Lol, I still had an account there which is more than can be said about the majority of right wingers with new accounts here. Sad that many of you had to wait years before your voices could be heard again but here you are. 

So many with the EXACT same arguments that evidence over the years has disproved.  Turning in to a greatest hits run here

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

That's not really an answer my dude

Actually I think I did wasn't the question. When does a government ever make things cheaper or lower prices? I mean that would make things cheaper.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

What I'd like to know is the following.  Because it;s been brought up numerous times in this thread.

1.  How is Poiliverre a public servant who has never held a 9-5 different than Trudeau who has only been a drama teacher?  Especially with a net worth in the millions?

2.  What is Poiliverre offering other than anger?  Having read the party manifest i really want to know how they'll fix things.  In housing, making things more affordable and how they will do it without creating even larger holes in the process?

3.  Why has none of the current posts regarding our standing in the G8/G20 in regards to debt, inflation and spending or gdp etc been actually taken in to account when decrying how the nation has fallen in to economic ruin?

I am asking these of posters who have made repeated statements about things and been shown or asked these without answering.  It's out of curiosity only because I just want to know where people are coming from in regards to their voting preference and why, or if it's just sheer outrage or bias because hair boy bad

1) you have a point except the difference I see is that you slam PP but always come to Trudeau's defense and then say but you don't support him.

2) So let's stick with the status quo because it's working so well?

3) So first of all the g8 hasn't existed since about 2015. The comparisons though are irrelevant because I don't live in those countries, but I doesn't mean I support taking on massive debt in the country I live in. But again I never brought up any of that. But I mean it's like comparing yourself the people that are worse off than you doesn't really solve your problem though, does it.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Nobody in the centre or left are advocating for equal rights to criminals attacking people in washrooms though... People acting poorly, should be dealt with accordingly, within the framework of our existing laws and legal systems. Is anyone suggesting otherwise?

Which makes me very unclear what exactly your opposition to equal rights is.... perhaps you could explain CLEARLY what it is EXACTLY that you oppose to equal rights for everyone?

All I would say is we don't need to open the door to potentially allow for wrongdoing to happen. Like you and I think agree criminals will always be criminals, but we certainly don't need to give them easier access. Like the felon in the United Kingdom who said he was trans and got put in a female jail and rape them that never should have happened in the first place.

3 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

The only reason they know is PP isn't Turdope.  They've made F - Trudeau their identity like MAGA made theirs.  If someone replaces JT, they'll just buy F- that person merch from the usual grifters that they obey by parroting the grifters curated comments.  We already had a case of a knuckle dragging moron in Alberta verbally attack Freeland when she was there.  That indicates to me this adversarial identity isn't going away if JT resigns.

Once again go after Alberta and conservatives. Same old same old.

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I think the mistake the Anti-Trudeau faction of this thread make, is when they say we all "love Trudeau". From what I can tell, most of us aren't particularly excited about him, but view most of the "scandals" as nothingburgers and find him preferable to the alternative.

My decision was made when PP stood in solidarity with the Trucker Convoy and decided to run a campaign of making Canada the "Freest country in the world", which is an obvious shot at public health mandates.

I wish JT would step aside and let someone like Freeland or Joly take over......barring that, I would support Trudeau's re-election, because IMHO, it would be preferable to the alternative.

So a couple things, I think we can use the Trump thread as evidence that whenever there's a claim against him, it's you and your cohorts that immediately say him or any other Republican or conservative are guilty and then turn around and say well. We haven't seen enough yet to call out Trudeau. So I would point to hypocrisy right away. And second to that point, I think you've made it quite clear to me that you voted for the NDP. I can't remember was that Nathan Cullen up where you live? Anyways, I don't think personally I've ever called you a Trudeau supporter. To be honest, I didn't even know you follow Canadian politics. I thought it was only American stuff for you.

28 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Prince George.  Solidly Reform/CONservative for decades.  Had a pretty decent FREEDUMB convoy protest in the CN Centre parking lot.  So Ya, solidly in F Turdope country.

You live in Prince George and you criticize Alberta? Now I see why you are so angry all the time. I would be too if I had to call Prince George home.🤩

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He was essentially told to shut his mouth the moment it was all but set that he'd be leader post O'Toole.

Look at his former activism with canada's two largest christian right to life groups.  His history is well recorded both voting and personal.  That happens with roughly 2+ decades in public office.

Still curious as to how people want to answer how he's a man of the peopel knowing that his net worth is this

What is Pierre Poilievre’s net worth in 2023?
Pierre Poilievre’s estimated net worth in 2023 is $5 million.

While also telling us how his net worth dropped from just over $8 million in 2020 after he announced how proud and happy he was to be investing in and trusting bitcoin and crypto currency

Maybe Canadians are just trusting him with what he's saying. I mean in all fairness we got a number of Canadians that trusted Trudeau that he was only going to run a $10 bill deficit when in turn it was three times that in the first year

8 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Almost 20 years ago but I'm sure we'll be inundated with all of pp's less than stellar moments well before the election. RDT_20230930_2008477192565495655484604.thumb.jpg.71945adea8ac0ae507c01491f75b5008.jpg

Poo Poo actually said that! How can people justify voting for a candidate, in their riding, who has a Party leader with those kinds of beliefs?  Sorry local Conservative Party candidates but your Party leader is an idiot. No vote for you! 

• ThereItIs 1

Anyone hear about the new internet censorship  bill? If you have a pod cast you'll have to register with the government. Orwellian times for Owellian people (double think, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, technocracy, oligarchy)

1 minute ago, Rob Eh said:

Anyone hear about the new internet censorship  bill? If you have a pod cast you'll have to register with the government. Orwellian times for Owellian people (double think, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, technocracy, oligarchy)

Here in Canada?

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually I think I did wasn't the question. When does a government ever make things cheaper or lower prices? I mean that would make things cheaper.

1) you have a point except the difference I see is that you slam PP but always come to Trudeau's defense and then say but you don't support him.

2) So let's stick with the status quo because it's working so well?

3) So first of all the g8 hasn't existed since about 2015. The comparisons though are irrelevant because I don't live in those countries, but I doesn't mean I support taking on massive debt in the country I live in. But again I never brought up any of that. But I mean it's like comparing yourself the people that are worse off than you doesn't really solve your problem though, does it.

All I would say is we don't need to open the door to potentially allow for wrongdoing to happen. Like you and I think agree criminals will always be criminals, but we certainly don't need to give them easier access. Like the felon in the United Kingdom who said he was trans and got put in a female jail and rape them that never should have happened in the first place.

Once again go after Alberta and conservatives. Same old same old.

So a couple things, I think we can use the Trump thread as evidence that whenever there's a claim against him, it's you and your cohorts that immediately say him or any other Republican or conservative are guilty and then turn around and say well. We haven't seen enough yet to call out Trudeau. So I would point to hypocrisy right away. And second to that point, I think you've made it quite clear to me that you voted for the NDP. I can't remember was that Nathan Cullen up where you live? Anyways, I don't think personally I've ever called you a Trudeau supporter. To be honest, I didn't even know you follow Canadian politics. I thought it was only American stuff for you.

You live in Prince George and you criticize Alberta? Now I see why you are so angry all the time. I would be too if I had to call Prince George home.🤩

Swing and a miss.  The premier of Alberta is a moron with LOTS to be critical of.  Where I live means NOTHING with regards to valid criticism of Conservatives, Premier Moron, and their policy positions.  Sad.

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

Swing and a miss.  The premier of Alberta is a moron with LOTS to be critical of.  Where I live means NOTHING with regards to valid criticism of Conservatives, Premier Moron, and their policy positions.  Sad.

But your opinion means Jack shit to most people. British Columbia's premiere is a complete moron. The prime minister is a complete moron. See how that works. What makes your opinion more valid? Is it all that higher learning up there in Prince George? Lol I'm just bugging you. I mean I don't like Prince George but you attack Albert every chance you get and it's funny because there is a lot to attack Prince George about.

12 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Lol, I still had an account there which is more than can be said about the majority of right wingers with new accounts here. Sad that many of you had to wait years before your voices could be heard again but here you are. 

I've never been a right winger, centrist, realist.

Bill Maher said there's a left and a dumb left. JBP is a gadfly of the dumb left.

Bill Maher one of YOUR guys said that when he had JBP on.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Yeah it's almost like some of you guys want to ban free speech. Oh wait you do want to lol. CDC certainly did that if you didn't see everything through the eyes of Biden Clinton or Trudeau you weren't welcome. I like how Stawns says it's all right to wish death upon people that we deem aren't good people. Who decides that?

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So many with the EXACT same arguments that evidence over the years has disproved.  Turning in to a greatest hits run here

Can you point to the arguments and the evidence that you were talking about? I'm just not sure if you're trying to include me and something here, but I'd like to know what I've said that's been disproved.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

But your opinion means Jack shit to most people. British Columbia's premiere is a complete moron. The prime minister is a complete moron. See how that works. What makes your opinion more valid? Is it all that higher learning up there in Prince George? Lol I'm just bugging you. I mean I don't like Prince George but you attack Albert every chance you get and it's funny because there is a lot to attack Prince George about.

Alberta Conservatives getting criticism is not just attacking Alberta. 

I'm well aware of JT's shortcomings as well as the issues where I live.  Here, I'll give you a valid criticism of JT.  The first Truth and Reconcilliation Day, JT went on vacay and did some zoom calls.  Instead of going to Kamloops, where all the big unmarked graves things broke that summer.  A huge swing and a miss.

4 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I've never been a right winger, centrist, realist.

Bill Maher said there's a left and a dumb left. JBP is a gadfly of the dumb left.

Bill Maher one of YOUR guys said that when he had JBP on.

Bill Maher is not on the left, regardless of what he wants his viewers to think.  He's a dinosaur

• Cheers 1