Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

All of this is fear-mongering nonsense and is backed up by no facts. So ppl like @Warhippy @Alflives @RupertKBD would say these are nothing burgers and just your opinion. Or at least it's what they should say because it's what they say when it comes to Trudeau. Also, the only racist I know in Ottawa is the prime minister he even admitted what he did multiple times was racist.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/tory-mp-defends-use-of-term-tar-baby-1.837347

Yup, no facts whatsoever.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sorry, I'm still very confused as to why that should effect equal rights to trans people (or anyone else)?  That's like me suggesting that white men shouldn't have equal access to guns, due to them overwhelmingly being the perpetrators of mass shootings. 

Criminals doing illegal things should be dealt with appropriately through the legal system. It should have no barring on law abiding people, of any kind, being equal citizens with the rest of us.

Statistically, the kids are far more likely to molested by a priest than by a man claiming to be trans.  Should we be looking at limiting a priest's access to children?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes I heard about that. What a joke. So now I have to register my podcast so Trudeau can watch and critic my every move?  Disgusting…

Lol...not likely he cares about you.

I want to hear said podcast....or is it a make believe one?

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

I’m confused. Do the Cons want the government and the CRTC to have some control over what Canadians see or don’t they? Can’t ask them to regulate speech and shit on them when do. Pick a lane.

….and yes I agree with the Conservative MP. 

Conservative MP urges Ottawa to ban Chinese state broadcaster from airwaves

A Conservative MP is renewing calls for the federal government to ban authoritarian state broadcasters, including the China Global Television Network.

"CGTN, China's authoritarian state-controlled broadcaster, is still operating here, spreading disinformation, propaganda and violating international human rights laws," said Michael Chong, the Conservative foreign affairs critic, during a parliamentary committee hearing Monday night.

As the Toronto Star has reported, the international human rights organization Safeguard Defenders lodged a complaint with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) back in 2019 against China Global Television Network (CGTN) and China Central Television's Chinese-language international channel CCTV-4.

During Monday's committee hearing, Chong asked Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino why the federal government hasn't issued an order under section seven of the Broadcasting Act, which permits the government to issue general policy directions to the CRTC.

Are you asking Michael Chong or are you asking me? First of all, I'm not a fan of Chong. Second, I don't support what the government's doing and I could care less which parties or which MPs are supporting this. Finally, while I'm not a supporter of Chong, I certainly do not support the Chinese dictatorship having any sort of control in Canada, which has happened big time under the Trudeau government. I have no idea why the Trudeau government is so in love with communist China. I mean, I know he said that China was the second favorite country but even I will admit I assumed that was only a joke but watching him in government maybe I was wrong.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I wasn't even talking about that. It was all the other things that you said. It was factually incorrect and nothing more than a lie that you spewed.

There have been conservative MPs at pro-life events.  You think they won't try to push through legislation if they think they can get away with it?

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

We have freedom of expression.

Thanks for playing.

What? I don't think you should have played lol. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

There have been conservative MPs at pro-life events.  You think they won't try to push through legislation if they think they can get away with it?

Oh absolutely! You are right about that. However, the previous conservative government never brought this up and I don't think a future one would either because it would be the end of the road for them. We have liberal MPs who are admitted racists and you don't seem to have a problem with that.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/photo-justin-trudeau-wearing-brownface-2001-party-published/story?id=65707332

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I had over 3000 views on my last podcast with my team. It’s in the Apple Store and Spotify.

You’d be impressed Rupert. You’d be equally impressed if you knew who I really am…   😊

Damn! That's a big family EP! 😜

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Only egomaniacs have podcast for 3000 people.

I would rather spend my time volunteering the he food bank.

Yeah I have a question for you because your last three posts have been absolutely useless and had nothing to do with Canadian politics and I know sharpshooter wanted people to stay on topic. So what exactly was the point you were trying to make regarding Canadian politics?

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

What? I don't think you should have played lol. 

Oh absolutely! You are right about that. However, the previous conservative government never brought this up and I don't think a future one would either because it would be the end of the road for them. We have liberal MPs who are admitted racists and you don't seem to have a problem with that.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/photo-justin-trudeau-wearing-brownface-2001-party-published/story?id=65707332

Please point out where we have freedom of speech

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Seas of them on the island...we get a lot of Alberta part timers here though (likely similar to the interior).

Yeah but then they would have Alberta plates or if you're seeing it with BC plates like I do all the time when I'm in the Okanagan I think it's more of a signal that Canadians all over the country are just tired of the guy.

Yeah I have a question for you because your last three posts have been absolutely useless and had nothing to do with Canadian politics and I know sharpshooter wanted people to stay on topic. So what exactly was the point you were trying to make regarding Canadian politics?

None of you posts enlighten me with facts.

Example "Compared to your what zero? "

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't know about that. I think he's only impressed by Donald Trump. I mean he must be. He's got probably 10,000 comments about the guy lol

I could be wrong but I believe Rupert refers to Trump as Bone Spurs. Which is kinda funny. I think it has something to do with Trump avoiding military service due to some issue with his feet.

• Haha 1

Yeah but then they would have Alberta plates or if you're seeing it with BC plates like I do all the time when I'm in the Okanagan I think it's more of a signal that Canadians all over the country are just tired of the guy.

There's a LOT of Alberta plates here. Loads of them also end up retiring here and are eventually forced to actually get BC insurance too.

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

None of you post enlighten me with facts.

So you came in here to argue. Are you that bored? I mean, feel free to argue. Just stay on topic whether my posts enlighten you are not. They are regarding the Canadian government and Canadian politics and Canadian policy proposed or legislated. Feel free to join in, but otherwise what you're doing is absolutely useless and in fact shouldn't be taking place.

• Haha 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I could be wrong but I believe Rupert refers to Trump as Bone Spurs. Which is kinda funny. I think it has something to do with Trump avoiding military service due to some issue with his feet.

I think deep down he actually really likes him.🫣

Just now, aGENT said:

There's a LOT of Alberta plates here. Loads of them also end up retiring here and are eventually forced to actually get BC insurance too.

Oh I'm well aware. I'm just saying it's not only Alberta plates that are flying those stickers and flags these days. They are all over the place. I've seen them in seven provinces with seven different provincial plates. Also I don't think switching to ICBC is a bad thing anymore. My BC friends are telling me you guys have real cheap insurance now.