Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

So you came in here to argue. Are you that bored? I mean, feel free to argue. Just stay on topic whether my posts enlighten you are not. They are regarding the Canadian government and Canadian politics and Canadian policy proposed or legislated. Feel free to join in, but otherwise what you're doing is absolutely useless and in fact shouldn't be taking place.

Son I can talk circles around you involving real political talk.  How old are you?  You have an agenda I there is no point debating with you.

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

0 have Alberta plates on the Island.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

There's a LOT of Alberta plates here. Loads of them also end up retiring here and are eventually forced to actually get BC insurance too.

Admittedly I only go as far as Penticton but it would appear agent disagrees with you

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Son I can talk circles around you involving real political talk.  How old are you?  You have an agenda I there is no point debating with you.

I'm 42. I don't believe you could talk circles around me. I certainly don't have an agenda. And if that is your point of view, I will ask you one more time. Why did you come in here just to attack people with off topic stuff?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Are you asking Michael Chong or are you asking me? First of all, I'm not a fan of Chong. Second, I don't support what the government's doing and I could care less which parties or which MPs are supporting this. Finally, while I'm not a supporter of Chong, I certainly do not support the Chinese dictatorship having any sort of control in Canada, which has happened big time under the Trudeau government. I have no idea why the Trudeau government is so in love with communist China. I mean, I know he said that China was the second favorite country but even I will admit I assumed that was only a joke but watching him in government maybe I was wrong.

I am asking you obviously. I didn’t ask you if you liked Chong, I asked if you supported his motion to have the government step in and direct the CRTC to stop the broadcasts.

I don’t want the Chinese propaganda broadcast over Canadian airwaves unlicensed and unchecked. This means I support regulations and limitations and like Chong I would like the CRTC or the government to exercise some control.

At this point I have no idea if this proposed new regulation is an overreach or not but I’m prepared to listen without attacking the idea.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I am asking you obviously. I didn’t ask you if you liked Chong, I asked if you supported his motion to have the government step in and direct the CRTC to stop the broadcasts.

I don’t want the Chinese propaganda broadcast over Canadian airwaves unlicensed and unchecked. This means I support regulations and limitations and like Chong I would like the CRTC or the government to exercise some control.

At this point I have no idea if this proposed new regulation is an overreach or not but I’m prepared to listen without attacking the idea.

What Michael Chong doesn't says is his decision so I guess you were asking me to speak for conservatives. I'm not even truly a conservative, but I will give you my point of view. The government of the day will decide who can be heard and who can't be heard. That isn't freedom. That's like Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union or North Korea. 

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Funny that I have not seen any F Polivare signs. I guess you have to be some kind of radical to resort to that BS. I'm not a fan of any of our party leaders but I don't drive around waving the Canadian flag and using expletive to trash a particular person or party.

No instead you see people call conservatives Nazis and racist. Also, I have these stickers you speak of on my pickup and none of them have the Canadian flag in them. And if you'd like me to go take a picture and send it to you I'd do that as well.

It's simply a middle finger and says Trudeau underneath it

Edited by Ryan Strome

You guys that call everybody idiots for doing this would be better serve to ask yourselves why they are doing it. Maybe they can't afford to feed their kids or maybe they can't afford to buy a home, maybe they feel like the mountains of debt that this government has taken on will hinder their future. I don't know what it is but I think that you would do better to try to understand why so many people hate the guy. Let's be realistic. What was his latest poll numbers at 26% support him as prime minister

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No instead you see people call conservatives Nazis and racist. Also, I have these stickers you speak of on my pickup and none of them have the Canadian flag in them. And if you'd like me to go take a picture and send it to you I'd do that as well.

You are confusing the Nazis and racist BS with what is going on in the states. I have not seen any of that in my area of BC. On the other hand Most of the radicals here are Using the Canadian flag as part of their platform and I really take issue with them using it in that way.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have these stickers you speak of on my pickup

Oh no.

I remember you saying you were anti decal years ago.

I know we were talking about dealer/company stickers but I'm sad that you have defaced your chariot in such a manner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

You are confusing the Nazis and racist BS with what is going on in the states. I have not seen any of that in my area of BC. On the other hand Most of the radicals here are Using the Canadian flag as part of their platform and I really take issue with them using it in that way.

I do agree with you on that. I do not like seeing the Canadian flag flipped upside down. As it relates to anti-coronavirus stuff, I can agree with some of them until they do the stuff they do with the flag and to Terry Fox. Also, I guess you don't notice what heffy posts nor do you go on social media much cuz racist and Nazi is used all the time.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh no.

I remember you saying you were anti decal years ago.

I know we were talking about dealer/company stickers but I'm sad that you have defaced your chariot in such a manner. 

You have a great memory my friend! I have two on my truck and one in the middle. That's a piss on NDP. But they aren't on the bumper. They are on the back window so that's how I justified it. 

23 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Only egomaniacs have podcast for 3000 people.

I would rather spend my time volunteering the he food bank.

My podcast helps thousands of people. In what way it helps I will not discuss in order to preserve my personal identify. 

Believe it or not I also find the time to volunteer for Big Brothers. And yes I and many others like me volunteer at the food bank all the time. 

We also have a big presence at Ronald McDonald House, The Dr. Peter Centre and Canada Blood Services. 

What about you?  Where do you donate your free time?  

21 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I do agree with you on that. I do not like seeing the Canadian flag flipped upside down. As it relates to anti-coronavirus stuff, I can agree with some of them until they do the stuff they do with the flag and to Terry Fox. Also, I guess you don't notice what heffy posts nor do you go on social media much cuz racist and Nazi is used all the time.

You have a great memory my friend! I have two on my truck and one in the middle. That's a piss on NDP. But they aren't on the bumper. They are on the back window so that's how I justified it. 

I don't do decals  on my vehicles.     Not cool to show our kids disrespect to our government officials

I was taught to respect my elders, my teachers and  basically those in my community. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, moosehead said:

I don't do decals  on my vehicles.     Not cool to show our kids disrespect to our government officials

I was taught to respect my elders, my teachers and  basically those in my community. 

Well we're having quite the rain storm and god knows what else considering it's Alberta so they might just blow off the back window.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Probably because if people were smart enough to understand how our political system works, they'd realize Trudeau individually has very little power to directly affect the vast majority of things they're upset about and be largely indifferent to him, like the rest of us.

Instead they've made him in to some lefty boogeyman who heads multiple cabals to thwart freedom, bankrupt Alberta's oil industry, turn our kids gay, etc, etc.... I see that sticker and it basically say's about the owner: "I'm igorant to how our political system functions, I believe wing-nut conspiracies I see on Facebook and Youtube , and Trudeau is living rent free in my head".

I also appreciated having to explain what those stickers mean to my then 7 year old boys. Thanks for being part of that.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this to you already and this comes straight from a former American diplomat at Canadian prime minister with the majority government is one of the most powerful positions in the free world. Given that the NDP which I believe is who you support, correct me if I'm wrong has essentially given him a majority. Also, I know as we're talking about our system, we're going to say the prime minister isn't that powerful. That's just isn't true because why don't you tell me the last time you've seen a free vote in the H OC for some reason or another, every MP will support the government even if it hurts their own province. Why? Because of a bunch of them said no, the government would fall so you are incorrect. Our prime minister is very powerful no matter which party he or she is.

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this to you already and this comes straight from a former American diplomat at Canadian prime minister with the majority government is one of the most powerful positions in the free world. Given that the NDP which I believe is who you support, correct me if I'm wrong has essentially given him a majority. Also, I know as we're talking about our system, we're going to say the prime minister isn't that powerful. That's just isn't true because why don't you tell me the last time you've seen a free vote in the H OC for some reason or another, every MP will support the government even if it hurts their own province. Why? Because of a bunch of them said no, the government would fall so you are incorrect. Our prime minister is very powerful no matter which party he or she is.

Yes but he still is not in charge of most of the things he is blamed for. Things like global economy, Covid lockdowns (provincial), climate change. 

• Vintage 1