Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

Yes but he still is not in charge of most of the things he is blamed for. Things like global economy, Covid lockdowns (provincial), climate change. 

No flying was and border crossing was federal. By your logic though the prime minister isn't responsible for anything. So I guess when I hear him say how he wants to make life easier for the middle class. Well that's to do with the economy. So that's got nothing to do with him. Got it. I mean why did we get rid of Harper then we can't blame him for anything lol.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

No instead you see people call conservatives Nazis and racist. Also, I have these stickers you speak of on my pickup and none of them have the Canadian flag in them. And if you'd like me to go take a picture and send it to you I'd do that as well.

It's simply a middle finger and says Trudeau underneath it

So basically the same thing as putting it to text.

36 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this to you already and this comes straight from a former American diplomat at Canadian prime minister with the majority government is one of the most powerful positions in the free world. Given that the NDP which I believe is who you support, correct me if I'm wrong has essentially given him a majority. Also, I know as we're talking about our system, we're going to say the prime minister isn't that powerful. That's just isn't true because why don't you tell me the last time you've seen a free vote in the H OC for some reason or another, every MP will support the government even if it hurts their own province. Why? Because of a bunch of them said no, the government would fall so you are incorrect. Our prime minister is very powerful no matter which party he or she is.

So you should easily be able to come up with the long list of things he's directly responsible for as PM, that don't fall under provincial or city responsibility (or a global pandemic), and aren't crack-pot, nothing burger "scandals" largely based flimsy at best "evidence", as to why he's got y'all SO riled up you'd sully your vehicles with classless stickers that basically profess your own ignorance, crassness the penthouse you all have reserved for him for in your heads...? 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

There have been conservative MPs at pro-life events.  You think they won't try to push through legislation if they think they can get away with it?

They literally have during the last time Cons held the house. And the same day O'toole tried to say it was a non issue and his party was turning the page on this issue, the party faithful voted at the convention floor to make it a policy plank. 😀 you can't make this stuff up if you tried!

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

So you should easily be able to come up with the long list of things he's directly responsible for as PM, that don't fall under provincial or city responsibility (or a global pandemic), and aren't crack-pot, nothing burger "scandals" largely based flimsy at best "evidence", as to why he's got y'all SO riled up you'd sully your vehicles with classless stickers that basically profess your own ignorance, crassness the penthouse you all have reserved for him for in your heads...? 

I could make you that list, but based on your response it would be utterly pointless. You've already made up your mind. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not quite but it’s getting there.  😌

If your podcast earns even 10 thousand a year for you, grats, that in itself is no small achievement! 10 million would maybe be the most successful podcast in Canada!

And yes I am being genuine, but also want to point out how the proposed rules would not come anywhere near demanding that Podcasters have to register with the state...unless they are corporate which they are when they are making 10 million a year, I just don't think any in Canada are that successful at all. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

If your podcast earns even 10 thousand a year for you, grats, that in itself is no small achievement! 10 million would maybe be the most successful podcast in Canada!

And yes I am being genuine, but also want to point out how the proposed rules would not come anywhere near demanding that Podcasters have to register with the state...unless they are corporate which they are when they are making 10 million a year, I just don't think any in Canada are that successful at all. 

Good point, but does that mean you wouldn't be able to watch American podcasters then? Also, I wonder if Jordan Peterson nets that much. He seems to have quite the following

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Good point, but does that mean you wouldn't be able to watch American podcasters then? Also, I wonder if Jordan Peterson nets that much. He seems to have quite the following

Jordan Peterson being pulled off the internet would be amazing for all of Canada.    Wow, i sure hope this happens. 

Albertan ...... LOL.....

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Jordan Peterson being pulled off the internet would be amazing for all of Canada.    Wow, i sure hope this happens. 

Is this guy the crazy who promotes a diet where he eats only 100% beef? 100% proof sure, but only eating beef! That’s too crazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

No flying was and border crossing was federal. By your logic though the prime minister isn't responsible for anything. So I guess when I hear him say how he wants to make life easier for the middle class. Well that's to do with the economy. So that's got nothing to do with him. Got it. I mean why did we get rid of Harper then we can't blame him for anything lol.

We got rid of the conservative lead government actually, after they slashed social funding, the coast guard, sold the wheat board to the Saudis, got further in to bed with a sunset industry etc, etc. Like I said earlier in this thread, Canadians seem to need to remind themselves every decade or so, why the cons have no business being in charge. They help very few actual Canadians and frequently cause long term economic damage in the name of short term fixes.

That's not to say the Liberals don't have LOTS of room for improvement. But going from "meh" to "fuck no!" in the name of change is just plain stupid.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

We got rid of the conservative lead government actually, after they slashed social funding, the coast guard, sold the wheat board to the Saudis, got further in to bed with a sunset industry etc, etc. Like I said earlier in this thread, Canadians seem to need to remind themselves every decade or so, why the cons have no business being in charge. They help very few actual Canadians and frequently cause long term economic damage in the name of short term fixes.

That's not to say the Liberals don't have LOTS of room for improvement. But going from "meh" to "fuck no!" in the name of change is just plain stupid.

But but none of those things can be Harper's fault because he doesn't have the power remember or didn't have the power remember? Anyways, I mean I don't think you speak for the majority of Canadians because every pole I've seen shows that the liberals are way behind and Trudeau's personal rating is even far below that. So I don't know. I'm going to trust the majority of Canadians on this one.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is this guy the crazy who promotes a diet where he eats only 100% beef? 100% proof sure, but only eating beef! That’s too crazy. 

So I don't really know much about him and maybe he did promote that but I think he's most famous for engaging in a transgender war with anyone and everyone.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

But but none of those things can be Harper's fault because he doesn't have the power remember or didn't have the power remember? Anyways, I mean I don't think you speak for the majority of Canadians because every pole I've seen shows that the liberals are way behind and Trudeau's personal rating is even far below that. So I don't know. I'm going to trust the majority of Canadians on this one.

Sorry, Harper was never made in to the Boogeyman you guys have built Trudeau in to. Didn't even mention him in that post. I don't recall any fuck Harper bumper stickers and endless conspiracies about him on social media. Even with all that creepy uncle vibe 🤣

We kicked the cons out of power, not Harper specifically.  Because no, Harper himself didn't have direct power to most of those things by his lonesome.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sorry, Harper was never made in to the Boogeyman you guys have built Trudeau in to. Didn't even mention him in that post. I don't recall any fuck Harper bumper stickers and endless conspiracies about him on social media. Even with all that creepy uncle vibe 🤣

We kicked the cons out of power, not Harper specifically.  Because no, Harper himself didn't have direct power to most of those things by his lonesome.

So when you say you kick the conservative out, you know that a big chunk of them were re-elected because you understand the Canadian system, don't you? Listen the fact that you think the prime minister has very little power is a bit odd to me. You are correct We didn't see any fuck Harper bumper stickers but I don't think that's on Canadians. I think that's on Harper and Trudeau. I remember ABC! But yeah, I don't think you should blame Canadians. I think you should probably understand where they are coming from and why the stickers are out against Trudeau. Also, as far as these conspiracy theories go, I don't know why you are bringing them up. I don't think I've ever brought up a conspiracy theory involving Trudeau I will point out the things that he has done and that he is responsible for but you just down play it. So what's the point? I can't remember if it was you that said, black face was a nothing burger. The prime minister himself said it was racist and imagine that his supporters defend it yet he himself said it was racist lol

Edited by Ryan Strome

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So I don't really know much about him and maybe he did promote that but I think he's most famous for engaging in a transgender war with anyone and everyone.

It seems Peterson and his daughter eat only beef, salt, and water. 
“ I eat beef and salt and water. That’s it. And I never cheat. Ever. Not even a little bit.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It seems Peterson and his daughter eat only beef, salt, and water. 
“ I eat beef and salt and water. That’s it. And I never cheat. Ever. Not even a little bit.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

Is Peterson from Alberta.... wow thats surprising.......  Is it from growing up with no mountain or ocean views...

Kind of like being stuck in solitary confinement in prison for years at a time.......  no windows... no  light....    Plays on a persons mind....   just joking LOL>>>>

Edited by moosehead
  • ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

😆

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wait till you hear about the grifters benzo addiction. Perhaps if he took a little more personal responsibility he wouldn't have gotten himself in to that mess. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So when you say you kick the conservative out, you know that a big chunk of them were re-elected because you understand the Canadian system, don't you? Listen the fact that you think the prime minister has very little power is a bit odd to me. You are correct We didn't see any fuck Harper bumper stickers but I don't think that's on Canadians. I think that's on Harper and Trudeau. I remember ABC! But yeah, I don't think you should blame Canadians. I think you should probably understand where they are coming from and why the stickers are out against Trudeau. Also, as far as these conspiracy theories go, I don't know why you are bringing them up. I don't think I've ever brought up a conspiracy theory involving Trudeau I will point out the things that he has done and that he is responsible for but you just down play it. So what's the point? I can't remember if it was you that said, black face was a nothing burger. The prime minister himself said it was racist and imagine that his supporters defend it yet he himself said it was racist lol

Not enough to form government... that's kind of the point. They went from 166 seats to 99.  That's a pretty solid GTFO by vast swaths of Canada even with the "I'll only vote Conservative" (despite all logic) middle of the country ensuring them 20+ percent of votes.

JT has "very little power to affect the things the right is complaining about."

That's the problem ,nobody knows where the right is "coming from", other than perhaps anger. Anger which has largely been riled up out of half truths, nothing burgers, out right fabrications, conspiracy theories and things the PM has little to no control over. It certainly isn't a place of logic. And they come up because the right has little else to campaign on.

Certainly not fiscal conservatism, where the Cons actually have a poorer fiscal record, with short term fixes that cost more in the long run to correct, while selling off Canadian resources to foreigners, and slashing social safety nets.

OMG, are we going back to brown face again?!

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Is Peterson from Alberta.... wow thats surprising.......  Is it from growing up with no mountain or ocean views...

Kind of like being stuck in solitary confinement in prison for years at a time.......  no windows... no  light....    Plays on a persons mind....   just joking LOL>>>>

Ontario isn't he didn't. He work at a university out there? I thought that's what all the hoopla was about. They fired him or something for his views?

6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

😆

You know I talk into my phone most of the time. So I guess just blame pixels. But also what a thought out response you made towards this discussion. Honestly, I would have thought you had tons of woke gibberish to add.

Just now, aGENT said:

Not enough to form government... that's kind of the point. They went from 166 seats to 99.  That's a pretty solid GTFO by vast swaths of Canada even with the "I'll only vote Conservative" (despite all logic) middle of the country ensuring them 20+ percent of votes.

JT has "very little power to affect the things the right is complaining about."

That's the problem ,nobody knows where the right is "coming from", other than perhaps anger. Anger which has largely been riled up out of half truths, nothing burgers, out right fabrications, conspiracy theories and things the PM has little to no control over. It certainly isn't a place of logic. And they come up because the right has little else to campaign on.

Certainly not fiscal conservatism, where the Cons actually have a poorer fiscal record, with short term fixes that cost more in the long run to correct, while selling off Canadian resources to foreigners, and slashing social safety nets.

OMG, are we going back to brown face again?!

Well you see here it is. You just make excuses why racism is okay. I'm willing to give you a list of things that I think are problematic with him. I mean I'll probably do it in the morning. I just checked my phone one last time to see if there was any breaking news lol. But I would be more than happy to make a list for you for the things that he is responsible for as I'm very well versed in municipal, provincial and federal politics. So then rather than just call me the right or conservatives just ask what it is that I think and I'd be more than happy to answer those. But if you've already got a predetermined decision made up then what's the point? The real irony is is that if Harper or PP did black face you guys would be up in arms about it. Even in this thread we've got people blaming Harper for racism and being a homophobe and taking away a woman's right to choose all of those are flat out lies. I don't even care for the guy nor did I even vote for him in his last election, but I feel like it's ridiculous when things are just made up but we see that in the United States as well. Look at the Donald Trump thread. You had people wishing death upon his child for crying out loud.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well you see here it is. You just make excuses why racism is okay. I'm willing to give you a list of things that I think are problematic with him. I mean I'll probably do it in the morning. I just checked my phone one last time to see if there was any breaking news lol. But I would be more than happy to make a list for you for the things that he is responsible for as I'm very well versed in municipal, provincial and federal politics. So then rather than just call me the right or conservatives just ask what it is that I think and I'd be more than happy to answer those. But if you've already got a predetermined decision made up then what's the point? The real irony is is that if Harper or PP did black face you guys would be up in arms about it. Even in this thread we've got people blaming Harper for racism and being a homophobe and taking away a woman's right to choose all of those are flat out lies. I don't even care for the guy nor did I even vote for him in his last election, but I feel like it's ridiculous when things are just made up but we see that in the United States as well. Look at the Donald Trump thread. You had people wishing death upon his child for crying out loud.

No, I didn't make an excuse that racism is ok. That's a baffling take 🤨

Things that are "problematic"....🙄 "Problematic" people don't rile up this much fervor or require "Fuck Problematic" decals above their truck nuts. I doubt you could find many (any?) federal politicians who aren't "problematic". They didn't get there by acting like Ned Flanders.

If Harper dressed up as Aladdin in 2001 people would see it for what it was, an unfortunate and inappropriate product of the times. And Harper would look fucking HILARIOUS in that outfit BTW🤣 If either of them did it in 2023, people would be rightly upset.

No, people are blaming Conservative politicians for those things as is reflected in their voting records and statements. Not lies at all. Harper in fact was smart enough to largely distance himself from those issues. The social Conservatives that have slowly taken over the party on the other hand...

• Like 2