Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No, I didn't make an excuse that racism is ok. That's a baffling take 🤨

Things that are "problematic"....🙄 "Problematic" people don't rile up this much fervor or require "Fuck Problematic" decals above their truck nuts. I doubt you could find many (any?) federal politicians who aren't "problematic". They didn't get there by acting like Ned Flanders.

If Harper dressed up as Aladdin in 2001 people would see it for what it was, an unfortunate and inappropriate product of the times. And Harper would look fucking HILARIOUS in that outfit BTW🤣 If either of them did it in 2023, people would be rightly upset.

No, people are blaming Conservative politicians for those things as is reflected in their voting records and statements. Not lies at all. Harper in fact was smart enough to largely distance himself from those issues. The social Conservatives that have slowly taken over the party on the other hand...

Ok I actually probably will leave this convo with you. Your fear mongering is not factual at all. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm 42. I don't believe you could talk circles around me. I certainly don't have an agenda. And if that is your point of view, I will ask you one more time. Why did you come in here just to attack people with off topic stuff?

A lot of the posters on here have 20 or more years on you and in my case 30. Your age is irrelevant as is mine and others in this discussion.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, aGENT said:

OMG, are we going back to brown face again?!

This one (and JWR) always gets me....

Supposedly there is this huge list of reasons Trudeau is the worst PM ever.....yet those two things always seem to be front and center. If the list is so extensive, why do they keep bringing up something stupid he did long before he became PM...:classic_rolleyes:

• Vintage 3

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Supposedly there is this huge list of reasons Trudeau is the worst PM ever.....yet those two things always seem to be front and center. If the list is so extensive, why do they keep bringing up something stupid he did long before he became PM...:classic_rolleyes:

Especially when the proposed alternative has a history of ethnic slurs while speaking as an elected official.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

A lot of the posters on here have 20 or more years on you and in my case 30. Your age is irrelevant as is mine and others in this discussion.

I could care less what you have on me. I was responding to him when he asked my age. But thanks for your helpful tip, I guess

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Especially when the proposed alternative has a history of ethnic slurs while speaking as an elected official.

@aGENT you guys can't see the hypocrisy then it's utterly pointless. I mean upvotes for calling the leader of the opposition racist while down playing the racism that the Prime Minister committed and admitted to himself and also essentially saying the JWR was a nothing burger. Especially coming from that poster when he would skin Trump for anything I mean hell He went on and on about the Russia stuff with no proof. This is the issue I have with some you guys. You are so partisan. It makes it utterly pointless to have any sort of conversation with you.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I mean if the list is that huge, you're not wrong.  Finding it should be easy

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@aGENT you guys can't see the hypocrisy then it's utterly pointless. I mean upvotes for calling the leader of the opposition racist while down playing the racism that the Prime Minister committed and admitted to himself and also essentially saying the JWR was a nothing burger. Especially coming from that poster when he would skin Trump for anything I mean hell He went on and on about the Russia stuff with no proof. This is the issue I have with some you guys. You are so partisan. It makes it utterly pointless to have any sort of conversation with you.

I literally just stated a fact.  Facts are now partisan?

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

If by woke you mean not being a homophobic a-hole, I'm gonna keep on keepin on

How come I can't seem to block you. I had you block for years and now I can't do it. Oh well I will figure it out. Who are you calling a homophobic a hole? Cuz I mean if you're referring to yourself, I know for sure you got one part right.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No, I didn't make an excuse that racism is ok. That's a baffling take 🤨

Things that are "problematic"....🙄 "Problematic" people don't rile up this much fervor or require "Fuck Problematic" decals above their truck nuts. I doubt you could find many (any?) federal politicians who aren't "problematic". They didn't get there by acting like Ned Flanders.

If Harper dressed up as Aladdin in 2001 people would see it for what it was, an unfortunate and inappropriate product of the times. And Harper would look fucking HILARIOUS in that outfit BTW🤣 If either of them did it in 2023, people would be rightly upset.

No, people are blaming Conservative politicians for those things as is reflected in their voting records and statements. Not lies at all. Harper in fact was smart enough to largely distance himself from those issues. The social Conservatives that have slowly taken over the party on the other hand...

Well, Harper did look ridiculous as a cowboy. 

imageproxy (1).jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I mean if the list is that huge, you're not wrong.  Finding it should be easy

I actually have no issues with sharing the things I think he has failed on but that was a conversation with me and agent and he has made it pretty clear that no matter what he will look past it sounds familiar hey hip lol

3 hours ago, moosehead said:

I don't do decals  on my vehicles.     Not cool to show our kids disrespect to our government officials

I was taught to respect my elders, my teachers and  basically those in my community. 

If we showed our government officials more disrespect maybe they would be more accountable. And people wonder why public investment in politics was on the decline.

Instead we get our politicians giving literal Nazi's standing ovations, foreign gov't interfering in our elections, costs of living going through the roof across the board (with no end in sight), and leaders of all parties saying/doing anything necessary to further their hold on power. Exc.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah and I stated a fact as well and you guys downplayed it. Conservatives commit racism bad liberals commit racism. No big deal. It wasn't that bad.

Racism from 20+ years ago, not as an elected official, when it was unfortunately socially acceptable at the time, is not the same as racism, in the present/near past, while an elected official.

I still read my kids Dr. Zeuss, while explaining why a few things written at the time are no longer deemed appropriate in the current age. If Jordan Peterson wrote a kids book making light of transgender people now, I'm probably not buying it. 

I really shouldn't have to explain this to Mr. Factual. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah and you guys always call him an Alberta hillbilly. That's the weirdest dumbest looking cowboy I've ever seen. The US can have him.

Who are those guys calling him that?  I know I call Alberta Premier moron a moron, and some other politicians names, but I don't think I've ever called Steve a hillbilly.  Maybe when he was PM Herr Harper, but that was short lived. 

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Who are those guys calling him that?  I know I call Alberta Premier moron a moron, and some other politicians names, but I don't think I've ever called Steve a hillbilly.  Maybe when he was PM Herr Harper, but that was short lived. 

It was after that photo. Maybe it wasn't CDC. I can't remember where it was talked about but was pretty laughable like he looks like he's in costume for Halloween or something. Such an oddball. I bet he was a riot at the party.

Edited by Ryan Strome

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes I heard about that. What a joke. So now I have to register my podcast so Trudeau can watch and critic my every move?  Disgusting…

I think Trudeau and Mike Babcock are alot alike.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, moosehead said:

Jordan Peterson being pulled off the internet would be amazing for all of Canada.    Wow, i sure hope this happens. 

Albertan ...... LOL.....

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is this guy the crazy who promotes a diet where he eats only 100% beef? 100% proof sure, but only eating beef! That’s too crazy. 

Do you guys ever stop and listen to yourself? 

It's one of the top YT shows in the world. 

His work is 100 times more useful than the drivel you'd prefer us to watch. 

In your world its would be Sam Seder, Sam Harris and The Young Turks and we'd be banned from the internet if we were caught watching anything that went against the party.

It would be a simpletons paradise.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1