Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, aGENT said:

bingo-tarantino.gif

NDP needs get over it and do the right thing (and push the Libs to do so). It still likely ensures they get more seats, and gives Canadians a more representative government. 

If you liked Inglorious Bahste4ds you probably would like JoJo Rabbit. I really enjoyed the film

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

The first black House Speaker.....

....I understand that several Conservative MPs have already requested an Interpreter.....:classic_cool:

Yep, here we go...

53 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Fergus beat out P.E.I. Liberal MP Sean Casey, Nova Scotia Conservative MP Chris d'Entremont, Ontario NDP MP Carol Hughes, B.C. Green MP Elizabeth May, Quebec Liberal MP Alexandra Mendès and Quebec Liberal MP Peter Schiefke for the job.

Thanks for that hip but yeah I mean beat them out or obviously it was going to be a liberal. I mean it's kind of the way it goes in Canada. I would just like to see them elect somebody from a third or fourth party that way just kind of shows. True democracy if you know what I mean.

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I said that?  I'm an excellent teacher thanks and I give my kids every ounce of energy ive got, and then some.

Yeah man. You defended how it was okay to wish death upon Trump and his son. I believe it's in this thread. Listen, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe I misunderstood or maybe you were under the weather. But I'm glad you're reassuring me that that wasn't your intention. I have no doubt you are an excellent teacher and for the record, I stand behind teachers 100% overworked and way underpaid.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yep, here we go...

Thanks for that hip but yeah I mean beat them out or obviously it was going to be a liberal. I mean it's kind of the way it goes in Canada. I would just like to see them elect somebody from a third or fourth party that way just kind of shows. True democracy if you know what I mean.

Yeah man. You defended how it was okay to wish death upon Trump and his son. I believe it's in this thread. Listen, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe I misunderstood or maybe you were under the weather. But I'm glad you're reassuring me that that wasn't your intention. I have no doubt you are an excellent teacher and for the record, I stand behind teachers 100% overworked and way underpaid.

I have zero issues with trump kicking the bucket.  Sooner the better

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Hey there.

Do you respond to any questions or just post? It's a discussion board, I am waiting on what community/work place you live where gay and lesbians are telling you they are tired of LGB?

Maybe he blocked you. You're so mean and aggressive.🫣

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

bingo-tarantino.gif

NDP needs get over it and do the right thing (and push the Libs to do so). It still likely ensures they get more seats, and gives Canadians a more representative government. 

The liberals and conservatives will never change the status quo otherwise they will never form a majority.

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I have zero issues with trump kicking the bucket.  Sooner the better

Well sure that's one thing but there was people calling for his son's death and honestly wishing death upon anybody in the conservatives is just ridiculous and that's happened. I mean we have people on this board one person in particular that calls almost any conservative a Nazi. It's just it's hard to say you're pushing for peace and equalization when you wish death upon those that disagree with you.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe he blocked you. You're so mean and aggressive.🫣

The liberals and conservatives will never change the status quo otherwise they will never form a majority.

Well sure that's one thing but there was people calling for his son's death and honestly wishing death upon anybody in the conservatives is just ridiculous and that's happened. I mean we have people on this board one person in particular that calls almost any conservative a Nazi. It's just it's hard to say you're pushing for peace and equalization when you wish death upon those that disagree with you.

Well, it wasn't me, but I certainly will be jumping for joy when they're gone 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

JoJo was AMAZING. My wife and I frequently use the "chew on some grapes" line 🤣

I try and watch all the industry award wining movies I can, loved JoJo Rabbit even more than I liked Inglorious Bahsterds or however it is spelt.

4 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

That was a great article, although most people thinking their own views are centrist is human nature, notably it cites Alberta and Saskatchewan voters consider their selves mostly centrist, but in the policy details overwhelmingly select right wing choices of the available answers.

A large part of the issue of what makes "centrism" is that people use themself and their own views as a point of reference, and then many unfortunately couple their frame of reference with that of a "centrist", instead of recognizing that they actually fall somewhere on a spectrum or matrix of views.

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, it wasn't me, but I certainly will be jumping for joy when they're gone 

I feel sorry for you man. You're lumping a lot of people together and hoping for their death or celebrating it. There's a lot of people throughout history that were a lot like that. Thankfully they are all dead and were defeated.

Just imagine if I said how happy I would be if all NDpers and liberals were dead.

Edited by Ryan Strome

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

They could, they'd just have to do/be better. Majority governments are also highly overrated.

25 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

A large part of the issue of what makes "centrism" is that people use themself and their own views as a point of reference, and then many unfortunately couple their frame of reference with that of a "centrist", instead of recognizing that they actually fall somewhere on a spectrum or matrix of views.

Yeah, exactly! The vote compass is amazing no matter where you think you are on the spectrum it will definatively show you where you land compared to others and the parties! It has been a highlight of every election for everyone I have shown that followed through with doing it!

• Upvote 1

I can't spend a lot of time here tonight, but polls are closed in Manitoba and 29 seats will land a majority!

I am hoping Curly will be voted out, and Moe next in Saskatchewan. I feel "Larry" already quit and Daniel Smith took over in Alberta, but another step towards the end the three stooges will be great👍🏻 .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well I do agree with you on the overrated part. The problem is the conservatives and liberals don't agree with you and I.

The bigger problem is the people who fund their campaigns and give them cushy post-politics appointments not agreeing with you or I. They have a large financial stake in maintaining the status quo/pushing their agenda further. Ranked ballot would put more power in the hands of voters. Politicians and parties might have to actually put forward better candidates and create policies that helps citizens over wealthy corporations and special interest groups. Rather than being distracted by political theatre and strategic voting. Can't have that.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The bigger problem is the people who fund their campaigns and give them cushy post-politics appointments not agreeing with you or I. They have a large financial stake in maintaining the status quo/pushing their agenda further. Ranked ballot would put more power in the hands of voters. Politicians and parties might have to actually put forward better candidates and create policies that helps citizens over wealthy corporations and special interest groups. Rather than being distracted by political theatre and strategic voting. Can't have that.

Hey man, I knew we could agree on something!

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

I can't spend a lot of time here tonight, but polls are closed in Manitoba and 29 seats will land a majority!

I am hoping Curly will be voted out, and Moe next in Saskatchewan. I feel "Larry" already quit and Daniel Smith took over in Alberta, but another step towards the end the three stooges will be great👍🏻 .

Make Canada Shemp Again. 

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Woop woop whoop, why I oughta!

But in all seriousness, the up till today premier of Manitoba can't even win her own seat.

Current ballot count has her with a slim lead.

Current ballot counts also appear to have NDP comfortably securing a majority government.

37 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Woop woop whoop, why I oughta!

But in all seriousness, the up till today premier of Manitoba can't even win her own seat.

7 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Current ballot count has her with a slim lead.

Current ballot counts also appear to have NDP comfortably securing a majority government.

Sounds like the Elections Manitoba ballot tabulation system got CDC'd.  😄

5 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

29 or more to form a majority.

Manitoba NDP have 21 elected as of now.  12 leading. 

CBC has them at 24 and 9, and projecting an NDP majority government now.

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother