Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Rook said:

Or maybe, just maybe you don’t know everything.. show some respect to your fellow posters!! The way you talk to people shows little social skills 

Isn't it interesting you talk about respect. You have not been respectful to me once. The irony is hilarious with you. Again, I don't need to show respect when somebody tells me something that is factually wrong. I will do my best to correct them. He also had somebody who I'm pretty sure lives in Surrey Tell him the exact same thing. So I mean if you want to add to the conversation feel free, but otherwise I don't think he needs a defender and if he did it certainly wouldn't be you I imagine. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I have two teachers and a school district superintendent in my fam. My wife also works for MCFD. I will get to the bottom of this ipads for tots business and will report from the island!

Yah, if a kid is finished his art project early... and allowed  5 minutes on a Math program / game on an IPad.   

I really am not sure how this is an issue to anyone....        Ipads used in the right way surely are educational and useful. 

• Like 1

You literally said “every kid gets an I pad.. and others are telling you that’s incorrect 🤦‍♂️ 

Listen I can't speak for British Columbia. My kids don't go to school there. I'm well aware they have a very small education funding. Maybe they all share one. That's not the case out here. Which is quite clear what I said. You are essentially arguing well not every kid's got access to it lol. The fact remains they are in there and he said they are not in there. So again, don't you have better things to do than try to come on here and play defense?

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 1

You literally said “every kid gets an I pad.. and others are telling you that’s incorrect 🤦‍♂️ 

My experience is 2-3 ipads per room - sometimes kids use them to take photos of their work and post  online in learning portfolios.......... which parents can view from home. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

So which other country is taking these same measures? Let's look to our allies first.

If you guys disagree that's fine. I don't share your enthusiasm for this but I mean we shouldn't be saying it's nothing and defending it because it certainly is something

Hey, I'm asking the question!

I dont know about other countries...I'll never live in another country, I have a hard time keeping up with things in this one.

...and I'm not enthusiastic about anything...just wondering...Is it just like crtc has always been but just including online stuff? I haven't been following but I have heard the grumbling. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Hey, I'm asking the question!

I dont know about other countries...I'll never live in another country, I have a hard time keeping up with things in this one.

...and I'm not enthusiastic about anything...just wondering...Is it just like crtc has always been but just including online stuff? I haven't been following but I have heard the grumbling. 

Okay. Well then you ask the questions. My guess is it's over 10 million because at that point there were they might have a following. 

2 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Yah, if a kid is finished his art project early... and allowed  5 minutes on a Math program / game on an IPad.   

I really am not sure how this is an issue to anyone....        Ipads used in the right way surely are educational and useful. 

I dont have kids so I dont know how to raise them.

I see my friends chucking screens in front of their kids all the time. But that is usually so the parent can get back to FB on their phone...

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Isn't it interesting you talk about respect. You have not been respectful to me once. The irony is hilarious with you. Again, I don't need to show respect when somebody tells me something that is factually wrong. I will do my best to correct them. He also had somebody who I'm pretty sure lives in Surrey Tell him the exact same thing. So I mean if you want to add to the conversation feel free, but otherwise I don't think he needs a defender and if he did it certainly wouldn't be you I imagine. 

Why would I show you respect when you don’t show anybody else any?  Look in the mirror bud.. seems the rest of us on this forum can have discussions without passive aggressive comments non stop.. your ignorance shows.  But you never admit when you are wrong.  Many posters have spent countless posts to try and show you where you are factually wrong.  Intentionally obtuse?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Okay. Well then you ask the questions. My guess is it's over 10 million because at that point there were they might have a following. 

But my question is ...

Is it much different than what CRTC has always done? 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I see my friends chucking screens in front of their kids all the time. But that is usually so the parent can get back to FB on their phone...

This is actually really sad you touched on something really important here. The amount of people I see with their kids at the park and their kids are playing They haven't even got a clue where their kids are and they're staring on messenger or CDC (lol) or whatever they're on lol. People are becoming absolutely obsessed with screens. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yes, that is very concerning. Totally agree with you.  Parents need to limit the screen time of their kids for sure.   Kids need to be active and i really think more time outdoors getting their hands dirty....  playing in  the natural environment. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nope, I'm telling you exactly what I've witnessed first had in parent teacher interviews and you also had another member point out that yes in fact there are iPads in elementary classes so you can keep denying it but you have multiple people telling you now. I'm not digging nothing. I'm still waiting for you to retract wishing death upon people you don't like

Wait a minute, you said “they give all the kids iPads now” to which stawns replied “no they don’t.” Then you said he was lying or wasn’t very good at his job, and then suggested he do his homework after narrowing your claim down to Calgary. You don’t know what’s going on in his school district any better than he in yours. No homework for you?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I would note I think what he's also trying to tell you is that speech is a big part of expression, right? So sadly there has actually been cases of blatant racism and no charges laid because hate speech hasn't been prosecuted near as much as it should be in this nation.

Well you are right about one thing.  Guys like Pat the Rat King, and the likes of him should have been locked up years ago

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Wait a minute, you said “they give all the kids iPads now” to which stawns replied “no they don’t.” Then you said he was lying or wasn’t very good at his job, and then suggested he do his homework after narrowing your claim down to Calgary. You don’t know what’s going on in his school district any better than he in yours. No homework for you?

Give Ryan a. DT...... or make him write lines......  LOL

Yes, i expect many districts  and even schools within districts have a big discrepency in access to technology in classrooms. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, moosehead said:

I don't think anybody has ever complained about it. I think if you even read the original post you will see that.

Also to the bolded, It's 2023. Try to be a little more inclusive of my friend.

45 minutes ago, moosehead said:

My experience is 2-3 ipads per room - sometimes kids use them to take photos of their work and post  online in learning portfolios.......... which parents can view from home. 

Again, like I said in Calgary, at least in the school my kids go to there is more than two or three per room.

42 minutes ago, Rook said:

Why would I show you respect when you don’t show anybody else any?  Look in the mirror bud.. seems the rest of us on this forum can have discussions without passive aggressive comments non stop.. your ignorance shows.  But you never admit when you are wrong.  Many posters have spent countless posts to try and show you where you are factually wrong.  Intentionally obtuse?

So you have nothing to say that's actually on topic? Again, you came in here to tell me I have no respect for others when you clearly have no respect for me. That makes you just as guilty, right? Also, I do believe I have respect for others. In fact, I quite respect Bishop and yet we are on two opposite sides of the spectrum. I respect Jimmy McGill even though he switched his name again. Different sides of the aisle. But I can have a worthwhile conversation with people like you. I can't because I can't think of when I have an admitted. I was wrong and when I have said factually incorrect things. If you would like to share them go ahead because at least it might be on topic because right now what you are doing is violating all the rules. Again go to work, go to school, whatever it is you do because it seems like you just came on here to argue. Had a rough night? Go out. Have a little fun in the evenings. Maybe you'll wake up in a better mood.

42 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

But my question is ...

Is it much different than what CRTC has always done? 

Yes because it's the first time they've done this lol

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Why don't you look at what Moosehead said? I have a feeling if it's in Surrey, it's in wherever Stawns lives as well. I highly doubt it's only Calgary and Surrey because I know for a fact it's also in Kelowna as I have friends over there that have said the same thing. So good job on the defense but again but again the puck got through.😅

4 minutes ago, Rook said:

Well you are right about one thing.  Guys like Pat the Rat King, and the likes of him should have been locked up years ago

Nobody knew about him. Sadly there is lots of closet racists in Canada. On him though. Are you aware that for all he did he was crying like a newborn about being in jail with people that potentially had covid. I thought that was hilarious

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Why don't you look at what Moosehead said? I have a feeling if it's in Surrey, it's in wherever Stawns lives as well. I highly doubt it's only Calgary and Surrey because I know for a fact it's also in Kelowna as I have friends over there that have said the same thing. So good job on the defense but again but again the puck got through.😅

Even so 1-3 is not all kids.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes because it's the first time they've done this lol

But isn't that because we didn't have internet with the ability to stream audio and video in the past?

Are they not just including the new platforms into a form of the exisiting CRTC? 

Is this the first time they have done this regarding regulations? Isn't that what the crtc is? Was there an outcry in 1968 ( had to look that up)

And dont you 'lol' me, unless I am using my incredible wit and humour. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

This is what I was getting … a lot of the ones that were banned from the other site are gonna be over here testing their limits with their passive aggressive attacks on posters they have personal issues with. 

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Even so 1-3 is not all kids.

Again, that might be a school in Surrey. As I know British Columbia is a laggard on education funding but they do share them so all kids get access to them. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

But isn't that because we didn't have internet with the ability to stream audio and video in the past?

Are they not just including the new platforms into a form of the exisiting CRTC? 

Is this the first time they have done this regarding regulations? Isn't that what the crtc is? Was there an outcry in 1968 ( had to look that up)

And dont you 'lol' me, unless I am using my incredible wit and humour. 

Well then I guess I get to give you an lol because I thought that was pretty humorous and witty. So how long have we had online streaming? Why now? Oh wait, I asked the question. My bad

1 minute ago, Rook said:

This is what I was getting … a lot of the ones that were banned from the other site are gonna be over here testing their limits with their passive aggressive attacks on posters they have personal issues with. 

You know I was on that other site for like 14 years. How long were you on there? In fact, it wasn't until more political discussion came up that a few of you couldn't handle somebody with a different point of view and I do believe you're one of them. I think you're that small business owner somewhere in the lower mainland. That was always calling everybody racist but I could be wrong.

• Haha 1

@Rook you are actually essentially just coming in here and complaining about me because of my position on politics within Canada. What you should be sharing is your position because otherwise you're actually doing nothing on CDC These were actually violations of the rules. You're not on topic. You're just coming into complain about people.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well then I guess I get to give you an lol because I thought that was pretty humorous and witty. So how long have we had online streaming? Why now? Oh wait, I asked the question. My bad

Since 2005 but I imgaine the popularity has sky rocketed in the last few years. The JRE's etc.. So, far more influence and concern of issues such as hate speech and what not. 

Probably now for the same reason as in '68. Regulations of the nasty stuff...

I guess the point I am starting to realise is this is the same crap the CRTC did to us  back in the day. Reminds me of parental advisory, Tipper Gore and Dee Snyder arguing in the states stuff..

So it seems right to use the term a 'nothing burger' or moreso a ' same as it always was burger' ?

And you are allowed to ask a question, knock it off.  it's just that you replied to one of my questions with a question, that gets us nowhere.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Since 2005 but I imgaine the popularity has sky rocketed in the last few years. The JRE's etc.. So, far more influence and concern of issues such as hate speech and what not. 

Probably now for the same reason as in '68. Regulations of the nasty stuff...

I guess the point I am starting to realise is this is the same crap the CRTC did to us  back in the day. Reminds me of parental advisory, Tipper Gore and Dee Snyder arguing in the states stuff..

So it seems right to use the term a 'nothing burger' or moreso a ' same as it always was burger' ?

And you are allowed to ask a question, knock it off.  it's just that you replied to one of my questions with a question, that gets us nowhere.  

Because sometimes I like to know what someone's personal preferences on it rather than you know as war hippie says well Tell me how this is different when all you're asking is what his opinion is. I see a lot of I don't like Trudeau but this is why he's good. This is why I support this but I don't like the guy lol. I mean it's a back door way of saying I support his policies just come out and say it. I don't support this kind of overreach. Because who decides hate speech or who decides what's okay? We see political parties push the envelope all the time but for some reason they're not held accountable. Why? Because in the house of commons you can get away with things you can't get away with outside the house of commons. If it violates Canadian law sure it should be taken down. But then again, I imagine that it would be taken down without even violating Canadian law. For example, rebel Media doesn't violate Canadian law. However, we seen the leader of the NDP flat out not take questions from them and Trudeau not even answer their questions. Again, the question I have is simple. What other countries do this?