Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

I'm curious, honest question. Where do you get informed from? Your first line is a strip of insults and suggests not a liberal open mind, but a closed angry resentful one. I am asking an honest question here based on your post.

Do you realize much of the things you've called conspiracy (or allude to) has been proven true, and that main stream media has consistently lied, been proven to lie after some time, and yet people still somehow trust them. To me this is odd..if your partner cheats on you, says they won't ever again, yet you catch them 4 more times, would you still believe them?

If you'd like a list of times the main stream media has lied and has been been proven as such, I'd be happy to provide it...but I have in the past so don't really want the "band of bros" to scream facts aren't facts again, so would prefer not to repeat myself.

So it’s not true if reported by main stream media? So if I just state the source is not trusted (in my opinion, of course) then the story reported is false? 
IMHAO that kind of reasoning is a bunch of craperolla. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yes, you have a tendency to "not write as accurately as you could have". You'll have to forgive some of us for taking that trend as purposeful...

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I'm not sure why we're making this about me (or other posters) now? You incorrectly posted information that painted JT as something he wasn't. He is, and always has been (as far as we know), pro choice. Period.

As for other posters... I'm assuming you mean comments from the likes of Heffy? Heffy has an "over the top schtick" style of posting that I personally don't take overly seriously. Is that how you'd like your posting characterized? "Schtick" to be largely dismissed, and not taken seriously? You're wish may soon be granted at this rate 🤣

As for the Conservatives and abortion... I don't think I've seen anyone (even over the top types) saying the ENTIRE party is pro life. But there's certainly an element (and an evidentlly increasing one) of openly pro-life MP's in the party (among other archaic social policies). This shouldn't be a secret to you.

Sorry I missed this. Yeah so king isn't the only one. Just look at page or two back. Either this thread or the US thread.  is it the bearded guy who's been calling everybody Nazis. Listen. It's been said more than a few times by a bunch of different members. You have to be well aware of this. Are you able to share with me who these pro-life MPs are so that I can know not to support them. If there's a bunch of them you should know them off the top of your head I would think

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So it’s not true if reported by main stream media? So if I just state the source is not trusted (in my opinion, of course) then the story reported is false? 

Yah he prefers to follow Convoy Bob's u-tube channel filmed in bob's mom's basement where he lives...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

Yah he prefers to follow Convoy Bob's u-tube channel filmed in bob's mom's basement where he lives...

To be fair though, CNN has been caught in lies. Fox has been caught in lies. CBC had everybody being a liberal when they filled out their thing during an election campaign. So I mean, I would certainly remind people to be very skeptical of the mainstream media. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

To be fair though, CNN has been caught in lies. Fox has been caught in lies. CBC had everybody being a liberal when they filled out their thing during an election campaign. So I mean, I would certainly remind people to be very skeptical of the mainstream media. 

Best bet is get your info from a wide range of reputable sources.   I try to read some of  BBC and NYT every day....    

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Seems like the guy’s wife was aware he had an appointment to get a massage. No charges were filed. So the fact is he did nothing wrong. Unless it’s wrong to get a massage? 
So again this is all craperolla.

I don't think I ever said he did anything wrong. Seems like you are just jumping in here. Looking for a fight with everybody. Anyways, I'm not sure your opinion means a whole lot to me, but I didn't think you would see it any other way. But keep in mind of all the other people that you are critical of that have not had charges laid against them for the things you criticize them for. I hope you can somehow remember to be this generous

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Does your computer not work? I'm trying to get through the 22 alerts that I have so people don't find me rude for not responding. 

But yes, just for you I'll do it

No need to be a jerkaroo. You made the claim so it’s up to you to post the link. Add the link in your original opinion and then you won’t be asked. 

74E674D7-8BC8-48F1-A402-B893CD70662A.gif

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

who funds the CBC?

are you aware in the usa 6 people / companies own 98% of the main stream media?

I bet you're not

Why is the CBC / Canadian news not attacking Trudeau for the Chinese influence issues, or any of his scandals?

Why do they soft peddle the issue with the truckers, even when the Canadian Civil Liberties Associate said he crossed the line?

I could go on and on.

I watched this debate recently and it could be insightful for many. The munk debates are a terrific opportunity to think beyond what you're told. You see both sides. This one was on trusting the main stream media. What's interesting, is pre debate they poll the audience, do you trust or not? then after. Prior the audience was 65% trusting main stream media, in the end only 35%

The sooner people wake up to the reality that main stream media is state run propoganda the better. The ONLY way you learn this is by seeking out reliable independent journalists and evaluating what they say vs main stream and not "dismissing". Many here, as I've noticed, like to 'Dismiss" anything that doesn't fit the narrative they like, their bias. Most people are like this, because learning you're wrong or could be wrong is not something most people like to see. But it's also important to learn what the truth is.

No side has a monopoly to truth sir..the minute you believe that, you're in trouble.

have a watch - you will  notice a commonality from those on the left even in this debate. When challenged with issues they can't debate, they turn to slander, calling others racists, bigots, etc but never actually debating the point. At times the audience actually starts to Boo them. because its so obvious they don't want to admit they are wrong (primarily because they of course, are the main stream media haha).

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't think I ever said he did anything wrong. Seems like you are just jumping in here. Looking for a fight with everybody. Anyways, I'm not sure your opinion means a whole lot to me, but I didn't think you would see it any other way. But keep in mind of all the other people that you are critical of that have not had charges laid against them for the things you criticize them for. I hope you can somehow remember to be this generous

B7DC9370-CC1F-4E8C-BF9E-0128F0D2032E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

who funds the CBC?

are you aware in the usa 6 people / companies own 98% of the main stream media?

I bet you're not

Why is the CBC / Canadian news not attacking Trudeau for the Chinese influence issues, or any of his scandals?

Why do they soft peddle the issue with the truckers, even when the Canadian Civil Liberties Associate said he crossed the line?

I could go on and on.

I watched this debate recently and it could be insightful for many. The munk debates are a terrific opportunity to think beyond what you're told. You see both sides. This one was on trusting the main stream media. What's interesting, is pre debate they poll the audience, do you trust or not? then after. Prior the audience was 65% trusting main stream media, in the end only 35%

The sooner people wake up to the reality that main stream media is state run propoganda the better. The ONLY way you learn this is by seeking out reliable independent journalists and evaluating what they say vs main stream and not "dismissing". Many here, as I've noticed, like to 'Dismiss" anything that doesn't fit the narrative they like, their bias. Most people are like this, because learning you're wrong or could be wrong is not something most people like to see. But it's also important to learn what the truth is.

No side has a monopoly to truth sir..the minute you believe that, you're in trouble.

have a watch - you will  notice a commonality from those on the left even in this debate. When challenged with issues they can't debate, they turn to slander, calling others racists, bigots, etc but never actually debating the point. At times the audience actually starts to Boo them. because its so obvious they don't want to admit they are wrong (primarily because they of course, are the main stream media haha).

3F94E077-4C0C-4F38-87E7-3F4D0D7EABCC.gif

20 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

Good answer

Insults are expected from those who can't handle an actual debate. its an attempt to deflect ...cheers

CBC is the best 1 Billion dollars our CDN government will spend each year. 

Countries that do not invest in culture  ... eventually no longer  exist. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Jack Layton. And truthfully, though, I would never vote NDP, it was probably my favorite federal leader in my life. I will have to trust him when he said he thought he was just going for a normal massage through the back door and down to the basement lol

20 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

See, this is the crap you pull all the time.... make the innuendo and implication and then when someone takes it that way, you squirm to get out from underneath and back out in front by attempting to make the person who responded to you look like an idiot. THIS is exactly why I do not like you and why I despise your posts.... you pull this shit all the time....not just in the threads here on the new board but for years on the old one as well. You do love to play the victim and plead woe is me.

Yes, mods, this IS personal and I shan't do it again, but this bs from this poster has gone on for years unchecked and frankly, it's despicable. Take it from one who used to use the same methods of 'debate' and no longer does so...I recognize it every single time.

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

See, this is the crap you pull all the time.... make the innuendo and implication and then when someone takes it that way, you squirm to get out from underneath and back out in front by attempting to make the person who responded to you look like an idiot. THIS is exactly why I do not like you and why I despise your posts.... you pull this shit all the time....not just in the threads here on the new board but for years on the old one as well. You do love to play the victim and woe is me.

Yes, mods, this IS personal and I shan't do it again, but this bs from this poster has gone on for years unchecked and frankly, it's despicable.

You really think I care if the guy got a rub and tug? You sound like a really lonely person. Try to stay on topic. Oh wait! This is the Canadian politics thread I don't think you're ever normally in here are you?

19 minutes ago, moosehead said:

CBC is the best 1 Billion dollars our CDN government will spend each year. 

Countries that do not invest in culture  ... eventually no longer  exist. 

Absolutely not. We have starving seniors, veterans, kids and millions of Canadians without doctors. The last thing, the CBC adds is culture.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You really think I care if the guy got a rub and tug? You sound like a really lonely person. Try to stay on topic. Oh wait! This is the Canadian politics thread I don't think you're ever normally in here are you?

Can you prove your assertions about Layton? You tried to provide evidence and the article you linked showed none. So can you provide evidence for your claims or not?  

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Absolutely not. We have starving seniors, veterans, kids and millions of Canadians without doctors. The last thing, the CBC adds is culture.

Again you’re wrong. CBC is a much needed National broadcaster that supports our Canadian culture. It’s TV, Internet, and radio. IT’s Canadian and we should be proud of it. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Can you prove your assertions about Layton? You tried to provide evidence and the article you linked showed none. So can you provide evidence for your claims or not?  

I think you better put down the bottle and read a little better. No charges were laid but he was clearly at that house. But again the only reason I brought it up is because the OP had told me he voted NDP and when he said that anybody voting conservative is complicit in what Any specific conservative does? I just said I doubt he would end up at a rub and tug Even though a member from the party, he voted for a did.