Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually, before you throw a number down, you should actually Google what the ratings are on any given day. You might actually be surprised. 

I'm not being passive aggressive. I'm just putting up borders. You can be very annoying. I'm sure you've been told this multiple times. Again, he was at the house during the raid. That is factual. If you are having trouble reading it, get Mrs. Alf to read it to you. Now please I'm done with this. It was nothing more than a joke and I'm certainly not playing the victim because I don't even know how that makes any sense right now. But then again most your posts don't make any sense.

7FAC627F-9449-474C-9DE8-4E32F2458555.gif

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually, before you throw a number down, you should actually Google what the ratings are on any given day. You might actually be surprised. 

I'm not being passive aggressive. I'm just putting up borders. You can be very annoying. I'm sure you've been told this multiple times. Again, he was at the house during the raid. That is factual. If you are having trouble reading it, get Mrs. Alf to read it to you. Now please I'm done with this. It was nothing more than a joke and I'm certainly not playing the victim because I don't even know how that makes any sense right now. But then again most your posts don't make any sense.

That went right over your head.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Oh lord,  I'm not going back through this thread.   To be honest I try to stay out of it but it pulls like a magnet.

BTW - (I think) CBC is an essential service and is likely to remain so for decades.  And if/when it goes I hope it evolves  rather than dies.

If it's feasible let somebody buy it. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh are you able to post candidates who actually said they were pro-life? Because I don't know anything about campaign life coalition. Like are they to be believed? Or is this just more of tell them what they want to hear but not actually support it? I mean that doesn't make things better but I just wonder are they just kind of a stupid group that politicians play to get their vote?

No I haven’t been able to find individual quotes from candidates, although they list a couple. They have a search bar for candidates on their website for both provincial and federal candidates so you may find some info there.

And most of those who support defunding the CBC come from the Conservative side of the coin. 

Canadians are more likely to oppose (47%) than support (36%) completely defunding Canada’s national public broadcaster.

https://angusreid.org/canada-media-consolidation-torstar-postmedia-government-funding-cbc/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No I haven’t been able to find individual quotes from candidates, although they list a couple. They have a search bar for candidates on their website for both provincial and federal candidates so you may find some info there.

Yeah okay I can check it out. But don't let Alf see this. He told me if you make the claim you got to back it up lol.

I would just like to know more about this group. Like for example our politicians just telling them what they want to hear? Do they have anything video recorded or are they just talking out their ass? Because that number you are suggesting is a lot and I just can't imagine that to be factual. So I mean I would like some actual statements made by these individuals. Otherwise the way I'm seeing it, it's kind of just hearsay. I find it ironic @aGENT upvoted you on essentially hearsay yet staunchly defended Trudeau for being against abortion and changing his mind later.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Seems like the guy’s wife was aware he had an appointment to get a massage. No charges were filed. So the fact is he did nothing wrong. Unless it’s wrong to get a massage? 
So again this is all craperolla. 

I would have taken the libertarian road well travelled by the fellow arguing the other side and ask Shouldn't a consenting adult Canadian be allowed to charge a fee to aid another in sexual relief and then pay taxes on that earned income?

But I am really here because I think this story is hilarious and everyone in thread will get a kick out of it: 

When we were posted to Kingston my wife worked for a natural foods store and across the main drag of downtown Kingston from that store was a massage parlour called the 'touch of class' and they even had a sandwich board on the sidewalk to drive in clientelle. Each morning, in a rather cheeky moved, she would remove the CL from the sign

My buddy meanwhile, in my unit living in the single shacks on base was a frequent client of the spot. 

Eventually it was raiding as a whorehouse and over 3/4's of the working girls weren't. Nothing wrong with that on their end but my friend was a smalltown farmer's son off to the big city after basic training and he figures he was 'serviced' by maybe 18 or 19 dudes that year alone. To this day I can't stop laughing out loud when I rmember him in the showers at the base, pretty much exactly like the Crying Game, sitting down hugging his knees rocking back and forth. Not to judge anyones personal morality, but I am willing to bet he has never paid for a rub and tug since, heck i bet he won't even go to a Registered Massage Therapist. he might even be in therapy, i am still laughing, maybe I am not a good human, after all. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

And most of those who support defunding the CBC come from the Conservative side of the coin. 

Canadians are more likely to oppose (47%) than support (36%) completely defunding Canada’s national public broadcaster.

https://angusreid.org/canada-media-consolidation-torstar-postmedia-government-funding-cbc/

Am I reading this correctly 48% of liberals support defunding it. I personally think a billion dollars can be spent a lot better on other things than on a state broadcaster. RT propaganda nonsense CBC oh they are honest people lol 

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I would have taken the libertarian road well travelled by the fellow arguing the other side and ask Shouldn't a consenting adult Canadian be allowed to charge a fee to aid another in sexual relief and then pay taxes on that earned income?

Yeah, I think I made it pretty clear that I have no issues with him being there. I actually brought it up as a joke because a previous member had said something along the lines that anybody that votes conservative is complicit in opposing a woman's right to choose. Which is utter nonsense. So I asked which party he voted for. He said the NDP or the greens and I just said I doubt he would ever be at a rub and tug.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah okay I can check it out. But don't let Alf see this. He told me if you make the claim you got to back it up lol.

I would just like to know more about this group. Like for example our politicians just telling them what they want to hear? Do they have anything video recorded or are they just talking out their ass? Because that number you are suggesting is a lot and I just can't imagine that to be factual. So I mean I would like some actual statements made by these individuals. Otherwise the way I'm seeing it, it's kind of just hearsay. I find it ironic @aGENT upvoted you on essentially hearsay yet? Staunchly defended Trudeau for being against abortion and changing his mind later.

I don’t know, don’t shoot the messenger. I’m not making the claim that these are all anti-abortionist candidates.  The anti-abortion group CLC is doing that and it’s their research. I’d be inclined to believe the list in general though considering where it is coming from.

PP was pretty clear in telling Conservative candidates not to talk about abortion was he not?

• Like 1

Just now, 4petesake said:

I don’t know, don’t shoot the messenger. I’m not making the claim that these are all anti-abortionist candidates.  The anti-abortion group CLC is doing that and it’s their research. I’d be inclined to believe the list in general though considering where it is coming from.

PP was pretty clear in telling Conservative candidates not to talk about abortion was he not?

Oh, I'm not attacking the messenger at all. I just don't know anything about this group that you've quoted. So to be clear, you don't actually have any statements of any members of the conservative party now or previously opposing a woman's right to choose? I'm not being condescending here. I'm asking you a straight up question. I would like for anybody to share with me this list because I'm very pro a woman's right to choose and I do lean to the right wing though I haven't voted for the conservative party of canada in over 10 years now.

38 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Which of these conservatives that you are aware of that are pro-life that you mentioned you said there was a lot of them.

47 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Why don't you do a little research instead of coming in and demanding everything from everybody. 

My goodness you sure do serve up some delicious ironing 😜

I see @4petesakealready gave you some info .. But feel free to look through done if these links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pro+choice+conservative+mps&oq=pro+choice+conservative+mps&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDkwMTZqMGo3qAIAsAIA&client=ms-android-bell-ca-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

My goodness you sure do serve up some delicious ironing 😜

I see @4petesakealready have you done info .. But feel free to look through done if these links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pro+choice+conservative+mps&oq=pro+choice+conservative+mps&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDkwMTZqMGo3qAIAsAIA&client=ms-android-bell-ca-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Okay, so you don't actually have any statements from any members of the conservative party of Canada. Is that what you were saying? Your defense of Trudeau and your generalization of the conservative party of canada without facts is quite bizarre.

Edited by Ryan Strome

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Am I reading this correctly 48% of liberals support defunding it. I personally think a billion dollars can be spent a lot better on other things than on a state broadcaster. RT propaganda nonsense CBC oh they are honest people lol 

Yeah, I think I made it pretty clear that I have no issues with him being there. I actually brought it up as a joke because a previous member had said something along the lines that anybody that votes conservative is complicit in opposing a woman's right to choose. Which is utter nonsense. So I asked which party he voted for. He said the NDP or the greens and I just said I doubt he would ever be at a rub and tug.

Nope

72% of CPC want CBC defunded.

68% of Libs are against defunding. 

69% of NDP are against as well.

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Nope

72% of CPC want CBC defended.

68% of Libs are against defunding. 

69% of NDP are against as well.

Well then what was that little graph I was reading? What I found bizarre from that was It sounded like there was an option of having the government fund private ones? I don't know. Maybe I've smoked a bit too much I must be wrong about that because I can't even think how that would make sense. you can call me whatever you want but I haven't supported funding the CBC for probably the better part of 20 years before it was cool lol. But then again I haven't supported the monarchy for probably 25 years So maybe I'm just an outcast.

Edited by Ryan Strome

@stawns pretty prominent NDP member. What would you say he's complicit in?

OTTAWA — David Christopherson is pro-choice and has been an elected New Democrat for three decades. But on Monday night, he simply couldn’t bring himself to vote with the rest of his party on the Canada Summer Jobs attestation, which requires applicants to declare their core mandate respects abortion rights.

“Canadians have a right to disagree with the law, recognizing they will respect it and will honour the law,” he said. “You have the right to say anything you want about a law, and that attestation took that right away. I cannot condone that.”

*******†**

I actually think he makes a great point there. It's from like four or five years ago but I thought it was worth showing you. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well then what was that little graph I was reading? What I found bizarre from that was It sounded like there was an option of having the government fund private ones? I don't know. Maybe I've smoked a bit too much I must be wrong about that because I can't even think how that would make sense. you can call me whatever you want but I haven't supported funding the CBC for probably the better part of 20 years before it was cool lol. But then again I haven't supported the monarchy for probably 25 years So maybe I'm just an outcast.

It was a separate question.  Asking if the government should give money to Bell, Global,  etc.  They used that question to then analyze the specific question regarding the CBC.  They broke the question down based on political support, as I indicated.  Then analyzed the question based on support for government giving private companies money.   

The CBC stuff is in the latter part of the article.

• Thanks 1

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

It was a separate question.  Asking if the government should give money to Bell, Global,  etc.  They used that question to then analyze the specific question regarding the CBC.  They broke the question down based on political support, as I indicated.  Then analyzed the question based on support for government giving private companies money.   

The CBC stuff is in the latter part of the article.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Absolutely not. We have starving seniors, veterans, kids and millions of Canadians without doctors. The last thing, the CBC adds is culture.

When was the last time a con government ever did anything meaningful about any of these issues? They keep cutting those things when they're in power.

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

When was the last time a con government ever did anything meaningful about any of these issues? They keep cutting those things when they're in power.

Admittedly, I don't have the numbers in front of me. But I'm willing to bet there's more Canadians today without a doctor. Then there was in 2014. I also believe there is probably more children living in poverty today than there was in 2014. As for veterans both parties both parties are negligent. As for seniors I don't know but I'm willing to assume once again both parties are negligent. Just so you know, I was sharing my point of view, not the point of view of the conservative government.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Absolutely not. We have starving seniors, veterans, kids and millions of Canadians without doctors. The last thing, the CBC adds is culture.

Heh the canadian government sponsor animal torture at the Calgary Stampede as well as Tractor Pulls.    12 million last year 

2 things i do not support...       So Albertan culture also gets supported financially. 

So money to the CBC is money well spent in comparison....

You said you cut your cable..  you know you could listen to the CBC early morning show when you go out for a walk.... 

info-am-moncton-key.jpg

Edited by moosehead
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Heh the canadian government sponsor animal torture at the Calgary Stampede as well as Tractor Pulls.    12 million last year 

2 things i do not support...       So Albertan culture also gets supported financially. 

So money to the CBC is money well spent in comparison....

You said you cut your cable..  you know you could listen to the CBC early morning show when you go out for a walk.... 

No, no, the coffee and just take in the sounds of the squirrels and birds. No headphones or cell phone. Walk 6am-7amish.

Edited by Ryan Strome