Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Bob Long said:

Interesting angle here tho. Technically you can hold a ministry position without being elected. So they could preview Carney well before the next election.

I've always been a proponent of universal representation.

An individual who is qualified, educated or experienced should not HAVE to be in a specific party or caucus to hold a cabinet position if they are the best option

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

I've always been a proponent of universal representation.

An individual who is qualified, educated or experienced should not HAVE to be in a specific party or caucus to hold a cabinet position if they are the best option

Yep. I'd be happy to see Ambrose in that role, eg.

It comes down to agreeing to cabinet secrecy, so no current con would be allowed by Skippy to do it.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I took his post to mean others in his community, not himself.

It's possible.....although he mentioned it as if it places some sort of undue hardship on the person having to do so......

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yep. I'd be happy to see Ambrose in that role, eg.

It comes down to agreeing to cabinet secrecy, so no current con would be allowed by Skippy to do it.

Government should be run universally and I will never be convinced of anything but.

Any party holding a majority with less than 51% of the total votes does not speak for the majority of the nation.

The best way to represent the entirety of a nation is to ensure that all party support and consent is had for government mandates.

IE;

putting someone from the Bloc in a position for social policies like healthcare/childcare etc.  Quebec is a positive in this nation for that.

putting someone from the NDP in charge of the environment.  richard Cannings?

Putting someone WITH actual military AND business experience in charge of the military and procurement processes

Get what I am saying?

An individual should not be promoted to a position without having the relevant or qualified experience in that area.

and FFS any MP or cabinet minister seen meeting with or dealing with lobbyists needs to be removed immediately.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He's never stuck me as that type of hater...

I can't say I know enough about him to say for sure.....other than that in my experience, there's definitely a history of shitposting....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoHeart said:

Literally search it up and you’ll see a massive amount of articles on it. The thing that people don’t understand about the far right is that it’s silent. Progressives are always crying and calling everyone out and conservatives are far more reserved. It’s just like when trump surprisingly won the election. Nobody knew the silent conservatives were hiding in the weeds. All of these conservative landslide wins in Europe are all huge surprises as well. Here in Canada, it’s not even a secret when you see how the conservatives are polling, which tells me there are even more silently sitting in the weeds. We are going to see a blue wipeout like we’ve never seen before. 

look at the election results. 

Damn near spat my lunch across the table, thanks for that! 🤣

Sweet Gordie do I wish that were actually true. We'd all be a lot better off if that noisy group of mouth breathers just shut the fuck up and let the adults talk.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Nothing better than pissing you whinny babies off lol it’s so easy. It’s like a hornets nest. 

Now that's an assoholic point of view if I ever saw one.   

EDIT:

1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow visitors.

Do not:

• Personally attack other users, or generalized attacks. Attacking an opinion is acceptable, attacking a user is not.
  • Start flame wars, troll or otherwise post with intent to provoke other posters.
  • Retaliate to personal attacks or trolling (use the report link).
  • Harass, stalk, or shadow other users.
Edited by Satchmo

9 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Nothing better than pissing you whinny babies off lol it’s so easy. It’s like a hornets nest. 

Careful.

Blatantly admitting to do nothing but trolling is like admitting you only have the same amount to contribute to this forum as Pierre does to our democracy

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

Pierre looking like he's been hitting the gym lately. He might be in the running to steal some of Justin's votes.

images.jpeg

He's wearing something under that shirt.

image.thumb.png.46859f3051f99d17675197c655e6632f.png

Edited by Warhippy

7 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I missed that comment about Europe, but the silent conservative majority sure showed up for the UK and French elections. 

The French left wing parties colluded abruptly and are now infighting as it appears they don't have any leadership or clear plans.  Instability isn't a win for France.

Edited by bolt

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Meanwhile in the "politicians playing dress up" conversation

lol

image.png.e867abbe59fe0cf9c0385ed1efe4626a.png

Pierre also more popular amongst the blue collar working class.  Taking more of the former Liberal votes as Trudeau has largely abandoned the working Canadian citizen.  

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Pierre also more popular amongst the blue collar working class.  Taking more of the former Liberal votes as Trudeau  has largely abandoned the working Canadian citizen.  

Can you uh...do me a favour and let me know what Pierre has in common with the "blue collar working class" 

You know, as he's never had a job in his life of course.  Can you also repost all your images about politicians playing dress up and being fake, as Pierre is wearing a fancy brand new tool belt that; like him, has never seen a second of life on a job site in that image?

Can you uh...do me a favour and let me know what Pierre has in common with the "blue collar working class" 

You know, as he's never had a job in his life of course.  Can you also repost all your images about politicians playing dress up and being fake, as Pierre is wearing a fancy brand new tool belt that; like him, has never seen a second of life on a job site in that image?

Vs Liberal elites who have made life worse for the working Canadian?  How is that going to win an election?  Pierre now has the image and charisma to win.

Edited by bolt

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

Vs Liberal elites who have made life worse for the working Canadian?  How is that going to win an election?  Pierre now has the image to win.

So no.

You can't.

Gotcha.

That doesn't tell a story at all.

Just gonna say this as clearly as possible.  If Pierre has the image to win, but his ENTIRE image is fake.  Why are you celebrating someone so full of bullshit as being a quality leader when you say trudeau is no different?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

Vs Liberal elites who have made life worse for the working Canadian?  How is that going to win an election?  Pierre now has the image and charisma to win.

Responding to an argument by deflecting it with another question doesn't strengthen your original point.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Responding to an argument by deflecting it with another question doesn't strengthen your original point.

Pierre can relate and his speeches/conversations exemplify that.  You can watch them on YouTube.  Pierre understands the problems faced by canadians, Justin ignores them. 

Bloated bureaucracy and higher taxes aren't wanted by most Canadians.  The last 8 years speak for itself.

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Ok ill answer Pierre can relate and his speeches exemplify that.  You can watch them on YouTube.  Pierre understands the problems, Justin clearly does not.  Bloated bureaucracy and higher taxes aren't wanted by most Canadians.

So you think Pierre, a man who has never had a job.  Has never paid a bill.  Has an expense account, budgets for nannies, private schooling, chefs, catered meals and free travel can relate to the average person who is trying to not only pay rent or mortgage, but also their car insurance, feed their kids and keep the power on while working 2 jobs or being from a 2 income family where the parents work opposite hours and never see each other.

You think because this asshole has someone write his speeches he has anything in common with the average Canadian after being taxpayer paid for over 2 decades and never having paid an honest days taxes in his life?

You think he understands this more than "justin" because why again?

Why the absolute fuck do you think he can "relate" to the average person outside of someone writing his speeches by perusing social media for what people are angry about on a given day?

Honestly I'd love for you to answer why you think he can relate knowing he's NEVER had to struggle in his entire life 

So you think Pierre, a man who has never had a job.  Has never paid a bill.  Has an expense account, budgets for nannies, private schooling, chefs, catered meals and free travel can relate to the average person who is trying to not only pay rent or mortgage, but also their car insurance, feed their kids and keep the power on while working 2 jobs or being from a 2 income family where the parents work opposite hours and never see each other.

You think because this asshole has someone write his speeches he has anything in common with the average Canadian after being taxpayer paid for over 2 decades and never having paid an honest days taxes in his life?

You think he understands this more than "justin" because why again?

Why the absolute fuck do you think he can "relate" to the average person outside of someone writing his speeches by perusing social media for what people are angry about on a given day?

Honestly I'd love for you to answer why you think he can relate knowing he's NEVER had to struggle in his entire life 

Pierre is using a common sense approach and it seems to be very popular with voters.

Pierre grew up in a middle class family and paid his dues.  You must be thinking of JT?  Can you tell me about the JT silver spoon struggles other than doing a terrible job as PM?

Pierre is doing everything right to become the next PM.  You have to give him props for that.

Edited by bolt

13 minutes ago, bolt said:

Pierre can relate and his speeches/conversations exemplify that.  You can watch them on YouTube.  Pierre understands the problems faced by canadians, Justin ignores them. 

Bloated bureaucracy and higher taxes aren't wanted by most Canadians.  The last 8 years speak for itself.

His speeches pretty clearly articulate that he plans to destroy the country with his barbaric beliefs and that no civilized person should consider voting for this waste of oxygen.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Sad 1