Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

“My view is that parents should be the final authority on the values and lessons that should be taught to children,” Poilievre is quoted as saying.

“I believe in parental rights, and parental rights come before the government’s rights.”

I absolutely can not wait for him to become PM and then have my daughters do something stupid and then allow me to be the over reaching authority in their supervision above the law of the government.

Yes my daughter at age 17 got drunk and drove through a building injuring two.  But as her parent, my rights come before the governments right to punish her and I say she is grounded for 2 days.  Deal with it.

Or...does he mean something else I wonder

• Vintage 2

7 year old students are being sent home questionnaires. What gender are you.... are you sure..... what gender do you see yourself being in 10 years.

7 years old.

This isn't lies this is friends of mine. Like we aren't pulling this out of our asses.

You people just blindly believe whatever the news tells you.

There is something terrible and toxic in the public school system.

• Haha 3

Just now, Warhippy said:

I absolutely can not wait for him to become PM and then have my daughters do something stupid and then allow me to be the over reaching authority in their supervision above the law of the government.

Yes my daughter at age 17 got drunk and drove through a building injuring two.  But as her parent, my rights come before the governments right to punish her and I say she is grounded for 2 days.  Deal with it.

Or...does he mean something else I wonder

He most definitely will be our PM...

You support Trudeau lol

... I don't even know why I'm wasting my time here. Better stick to CT.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

This is an honest question, not bait, I promise 

What is it, exactly, that you think SOGI is?

Sexual orientation and gender ideology.

They teach kids about mastirbation... that's something you just figure out on your own... some kids 6 years old or younger.

There is no regulation to sogi. One teacher may never bring anything like this up where others will teach it to grade 1 students. With the backing of their institution and government.

You clearly don't have any teachers like that at your work. Thankfully 

3 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

He most definitely will be our PM...

You support Trudeau lol

... I don't even know why I'm wasting my time here. Better stick to CT.

Where do I state I support Trudeau?

Show me.

I am sure it is near all of your examples hat you just can't seem to find or link.

• Thanks 3

Rallies certainly were not all peaceful. My partner works for Service BC and they had a crowd of probably 150 protestors marching up to the government building, they had to actually lock the doors because the protestors were walking up to the building to enter it. Didn't stop them from banging on it and demanding they be let in. They then went and entered the police station down the street. 

• Thanks 3

Just found out Poiliverre is afraid of the woke SOGI agenda because he is transitioning a young boy to be a young woman whom he is grooming via reading to them wearing a dress and make up.

You don't have to believe me I have evidence I can't post and all my friends have seen it and they know it's true and just because I don't have actual evidence doesn't mean I can't post it I just won't because a simple google search should show you Poiliverre is a woke groomer who reads to kids that he is helping transition

This is how ridiculous that individuals arguments and statements have been.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Inspector Full of Shit should be his name.  Pretty well everything he has said isn't true.  

Your issues seem, and correct me if I’m off base here, more than just about today’s gay stuff, right? It sounds more like you’re upset with much of society’s public systems. 
I kind of see myself as conservative in many values. I just don’t see how our kids learning about others’ differences is bad. 

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Do you think he is having an open mind about this topic?

To answer that would require me to read all his posts, and therefore all the posts in the thread, which I don't feel like doing.

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, you said you wouldn't change your mind. Which is why I ask @Master Mind that question.

If he did say that, well that's just not an effective way to chat. People with differing opinions talking about something where neither side are open to changing their mind doesn't sound like a great time.

51 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Sexual orientation and gender ideology.

They teach kids about mastirbation... that's something you just figure out on your own... some kids 6 years old or younger.

Its too bad your dad didn't have more lessons about masturbation when he was a kid in school.......

I have zero time for your hate..... and intolerance....   bigoted posts..

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I see these sorts of comments a lot. "Don't bother! Other opinions are not welcome here!" :frantic:

Instead of whining about how hard done-by you are, maybe you should consider the fact that you get outnumbered in these discussions because almost nobody agrees with your narrow-minded, bass-ackward opinions.

You're welcome to express them all you like, but you should expect others to disagree, when you say something disagreeable....

You say that as if you think I'm fazed by people disagreeing with me 😆

Complete miss of a post Rupert, I expect better.

6 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Its too bad your dad didn't have more lessons about masturbation when he was a kid in school.......

I have zero time for your hate..... and intolerance....   bigoted posts..

Look around the country. There is no hate or bigotry. It's parents tired of government over reach. Teachers are public servants. Well the public has spoken 

Transgenderism should not be taught to elementary and middle school kids. Their minds can't comprehend it.

1 minute ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Look around the country. There is no hate or bigotry. It's parents tired of government over reach. Teachers are public servants. Well the public has spoken 

Transgenderism should not be taught to elementary and middle school kids. Their minds can't comprehend it.

You preach hatred.  You preach intolerance.      Your non inclusive views only harm our communities. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2