Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Look around the country. There is no hate or bigotry. It's parents tired of government over reach. Teachers are public servants. Well the public has spoken 

Transgenderism should not be taught to elementary and middle school kids. Their minds can't comprehend it.

Can the kids’ minds comprehend accepting others who appear to be different? 
Again, IMHAO you’re conflating a dislike of a political party with teaching kids about accepting those who appear different. 
How is it in anyway bad to teach kids about accepting others? 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Again, IMHAO you’re conflating a dislike of a political party with teaching kids about accepting those who appear different. 

Politics What GIF by ZDF heute-show

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Those children deserve a safe place. For sure. That's what the counselor is for.

It should be exempt from the standard curriculums though. It is highly sexualized and inappropriate imo.

• Confused 1

Just now, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Those children deserve a safe place. For sure. That's what the counselor is for.

It should be exempt from the standard curriculums though. It is highly sexualized and inappropriate imo.

I agree that teaching sex Ed is certainly a topic for debate. But I don’t think that’s what’s going on with our schools. Today’s stuff was about kids learning how some people are different from them and that’s okay. The kids are learning about accepting others. Sex Ed isn’t part of today. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Safe from adults standing outside threatening their educators and screaming obscenities at them about their genitals.  I agree.  That is why they have educators and counsellors.  It is again a shame that some adults to ill equipped to have these conversations or unwilling to understand threaten these educators and counselors

I never saw any of that.  Most protests had a political direction. Not at educators.

There's always going to be some bad apples you don't need to let them sour the real message 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

I never saw any of that.  Most protests had a political direction. Not at educators.

There's always going to be some bad apples you don't need to let them sour the real message 

Hate / intolerance  is not message most of us want to give to our kids. Our kids deserve to see adults behaving as role models...   

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

The real message was that they are too ignorant to understand the curriculum and want everyone's children subjected to their disgusting beliefs.  Bottom line is not a single one of these protesters should be allowed within 500 ft of a school.

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree that teaching sex Ed is certainly a topic for debate. But I don’t think that’s what’s going on with our schools. Today’s stuff was about kids learning how some people are different from them and that’s okay. The kids are learning about accepting others. Sex Ed isn’t part of today. 

Of course we teach sexual health........that's been happening for 50 years, at least.

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Transgenderism should not be taught to elementary and middle school kids. Their minds can't comprehend it.

You seem to be confusing teaching kids acceptance and legal rights of lgbtq+ with indoctrination. These are not “how to” instructional courses or “come on over to our team” mixers.

I learned about masturbation as a hormonal pre-teen all on my own. Sex Ed in school didn’t coach me on technique, it just taught me that I wouldn’t grow hair on my palms and that I wasn’t abnormal and destined for an eternity in hell. Having someone validate your feelings and worth can mean the world to a young person struggling with body image and sexual identity. Ideally you could learn these things at home but sadly home isn’t a safe place for everyone. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

They're peaceful.  Until they aren't.

About as safe as a Trucker Convoy protest in southern alberta.....

Nutters  attract even nuttier nutters.......

Feb 14, 2022  Alberta RCMP have arrested 13 people after finding weapons at a protest against pandemic restrictions. They say they had information that the group had access to a cache of firearms and ammunition in three trailers. Officers seized long guns, handguns, multiple sets of body armour, a machete, a large quantity of ammunition and high-capacity firearm magazines. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Did you read my post on the last page?  I explain it all very clearky.  It was a reply to you, so you would have got a notification

• Cheers 3

48 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The real message was that they are too ignorant to understand the curriculum and want everyone's children subjected to their disgusting beliefs.  Bottom line is not a single one of these protesters should be allowed within 500 ft of a school.

That's the argument from both sides🤨

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, they simply want their beliefs taught instead of the ones they disagree with.  

And of course, it’s not a lazy “both sides” situation.  Gender identity and expression is protected in Canada.  Period.  Their existence and the validation of their existence cannot be infringed upon.  While religion is also protected, the existence (and validation) of trans people does not legally discriminate against people’s right to belief.  Simply put, their rights end where someone else’s begin. 

It’s not complicated - and why right wing politicians (at least the smart ones) are just shuffling their feet here.  They want to placate this base, but know that legally they don’t have anything to go on.

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, stawns said:

Of course we teach sexual health........that's been happening for 50 years, at least.

Yup. We do and that’s good.  I can understand, though, how some parents don’t want their kids being involved in sex Ed taught at school. And those parents (I’m guessing here) likely can opt their kids out of that class. And doing so only affects their child’s learning and doesn’t have anything to do with excluding others from participating in school. I don't understand (although I listen to) parents who don’t want their kids to learn about including everyone, like we saw yesterday. That (to me) harms our children and society. 

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. We do and that’s good.  I can understand, though, how some parents don’t want their kids being involved in sex Ed taught at school. And those parents (I’m guessing here) likely can opt their kids out of that class. And doing so only affects their child’s learning and doesn’t have anything to do with excluding others from participating in school. I don't understand (although I listen to) parents who don’t want their kids to learn about including everyone, like we saw yesterday. That (to me) harms our children and society. 

lots of private and homeschool options for those folks. 

These parents don't care about the other kids in marginalized groups health and safety, they seem them as threats. My brother is one of these types. Fear is an easy tool to use on them. 

• ThereItIs 2