Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Honestly, it was the only play. The ones that are criticizing it are the ones that criticize everything he does. I stand by my assertion that these same people would be the loudest critics had he done nothing.

A lot of people I know want him to be weak so badly. They would have freaked out more if he had done nothing. 

They call him a pussy....i respond with ' you ever stepped in the boxing ring after being called out, under national spot light?....and won?"

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A lot of people I know want him to be weak so badly. They would have freaked out more if he had done nothing. 

They call him a pussy....i respond with ' you ever stepped in the boxing ring after being called out, under national spot light?....and won?"

....against a guy twice his size.....

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

their obssession with JT is beyond baffling........and I don't really like JT myself.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

Some of the kids coming out as whatever are just looking for attention. Or they are just figuring themselves out. Or whatever.

Should they keep overt sexuality out of the schools? Nobody needs to know or care who you want in your bedroom. Sounds about right.

Explaining that some people are different is fine so long as it doesn't turn into a team steam type session. 

The world is indeed sick. Some people think if your not following 1950s Christian law, that your the devil. Some people think that if your not all in to wokeness, and that any sort of conformity is repression, and that people that are following religion (which is a right in Canada, like it or not, I am on not FYI), that your an ignorant oppressor.

Both those labels are hyperbole. People living together with different cultures is multiculturalism. People fighting each other and forcing their views on one another is sectarianism. 

Who cares about SOGI. Who cares how the kids dress? It's not permanent. 

Giving the kids hormones or something should obviously not done without parental consent.

If parents want information, they should ask.

If your a teacher or other worker, if you want to identify as the other gender, go ahead. But please, dress professionally just like everyone else.

the only people sexualizing this whole thing are the people protesting against it........and that's weird and gross.  If a preson is actively campaigning against the human rights of another person, that IS repression.

No child gets hormone treatment wiithout a guardian and doctor (usually a team of medical docs and psychologists).

Parents have more access to their child's education than anytime in the history of public education.  We, literally, had a parent meet and greet this morning at our school.  We are always meeting and communicating with any parent who wants it.

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

again, the only people sexualizing this whole thing are the people protesting against it........and that's weird and gross.

I would say they are the exception but there are teachers that cross the line. It's the social media fodder that gets the people you don't like worked up.

Mind you, there was a teacher in my high school (female) that had sex with two students. Used to see her car in spots it most certainly should not have been in all the time.

We all just laughed about it. So never mind something as crazy as that, but there's people that might dress provocatively to prove a point, or put up posters that should not be there, or to encourage literature with sexual content. You don't need many to do those things, and if they are not taken seriously by those in the schools, it just fuels the fears of the ant SOGI crowd.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

their obssession with JT is beyond baffling........and I don't really like JT myself.

LOL you should see some people in my family.

"There is evidence JT has done inappropriate things with children!"

I say that makes you sound like a nut bar. The fact that he doesn't real do anything except FEEL about stuff. You know, when there's something wrong, he gives a speech about how much he cares, and then proceeds to do nothing about it? Isn't that damning enough?

Never mind the total financial incompetency. But I don't think he's the devil!

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You popped in yesterday. 

Dissuaded a poster from having a discussion, told him that most off topic posters couldn't have an open mind. Then went on to state that you hadn't read the posts by the guy you were advising. 

This is a disscussion board. Please encourage people to talk, not the opposite. Please inform yourslef by reading up on the conversation. i dont know if you have past beefs with some people but the topic being discussed is bigger than you. Give yourself some reflection and join in. Help us become better by being part of the conversation, maybe a you have a different pov, maybe you can add some info or insight, instead of blindly criticising and trying to shut it down. 

That's because he had already said he wasn't going to engage. But sure, I can avoid saying that.

I typically don't go too far in anymore as often times the replies devolve to name-calling (yawn), as opposed to giving me sound counter arguments.

If you want my take on it (or at least one aspect), I think a concern some folks have is that their kids will be influenced to transition, even when that isn't the solution for said individual. Any issues with self image can be lumped into this, when in reality almost all kids struggle with this at some point in their childhood. i.e. "if don't like your body, then change it." Is this a problem in schools? Probably not for the most part. Maybe a rogue teacher here and there, but the internet should be the bigger concern in this scenario.

This then gets twisted by news sites and social media in a way to rile people up and cause more divide for people with any differing view.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

That's because he had already said he wasn't going to engage. But sure, I can avoid saying that.

I typically don't go too far in anymore as often times the replies devolve to name-calling (yawn), as opposed to giving me sound counter arguments.

If you want my take on it (or at least one aspect), I think a concern some folks have is that their kids will be influenced to transition, even when that isn't the solution for said individual. Any issues with self image can be lumped into this, when in reality almost all kids struggle with this at some point in their childhood. i.e. "if don't like your body, then change it." Is this a problem in schools? Probably not for the most part. Maybe a rogue teacher here and there, but the internet should be the bigger concern in this scenario.

This then gets twisted by news sites and social media in a way to rile people up and cause more divide for people with any differing view.

The conspiracy culture that emerged during COVID is actually pretty scary.  I'd say that Putin is getting a good laugh somewhere.

• Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Of course he wouldn't. He'd have compelling evidence from CSIS or the RCMP, before confronting a foreign leader with something like that.

Honestly, it was the only play. The ones that are criticizing it are the ones that criticize everything he does. I stand by my assertion that these same people would be the loudest critics had he done nothing.

China does something or interferes with our elections.

"what did Trudeau know?  Why didn't he do anything.  He's a weak leader.

Indian government potentially involved in a state sponsored murder and he accuses them of it.

"OMG why would he do that, he is wrecking relations, he is jumping the gun, he's so stupid he has no evidence he needs to not be so confrontational"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

LOL you should see some people in my family.

"There is evidence JT has done inappropriate things with children!"

I say that makes you sound like a nut bar. The fact that he doesn't real do anything except FEEL about stuff. You know, when there's something wrong, he gives a speech about how much he cares, and then proceeds to do nothing about it? Isn't that damning enough?

Never mind the total financial incompetency. But I don't think he's the devil!

What are you talking about guy.  He's all substance 🤣

image.thumb.png.e837453f6d0177e1e0bfd8647f4d5901.png

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

This.  100% this.

What people fail to understand is that THIS is what a true conservative statement looks like.

Your life, your body I don't care what you do just don't be an a-hole, show up to work and look the part.  We don't need an endless announcement about who you are or what you believe in.

I am 100% for this statement because this is exactly how I feel. 

My back only gets up when people attempt to suppress or marginalize a person or child because of who they are.  Some kids NEED someone to talk to and that's what this SOGI and sex education curriculum is.  Drag queens reading to kids?  Sure as long as kids are frigging reading I don't care who reads to them because most of their parents aren't.

Ron you nailed this mate, well done

The drag queens reading to kids is like in libraries not the schools. It's an optional event. Don't like it? Don't send your kid there.

But ya, drag queens tend to look, like well, overly maked up ready to hit the town provocative person. So not in the school. 

I know a trans person and she looks like a regular women. If your in a school just dress proffesionally. It's not a big ask!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

While we're on that topic...

The average covid death age is higher than the average life expectancy.

But here most of you are probably wearing a mask while you drive.

Covid, pro sogi, pro Child mutilation,

I'm lost with you people.

Most of us?

WTF lol.

Dead is dead mate stop using it as some sort of win that's gross.  Meanwhile you say you'll pray for us which suggests you support molesting kids or hiding child abuse in the church.

You watch us drive?  You have an interest in kids genitals?  Man you are really outing yourself as some sort of perverse creep dude.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ronthecivil said:

The drag queens reading to kids is like in libraries not the schools. It's an optional event. Don't like it? Don't send your kid there.

But ya, drag queens tend to look, like well, overly maked up ready to hit the town provocative person. So not in the school. 

I know a trans person and she looks like a regular women. If your in a school just dress proffesionally. It's not a big ask!

That's just it.  For me, drag is a performance.  You look over the top?  K cool.  So does Molly the circus clown, or the make up influencer on instagram.  It's your role.  That's your schtick I get it.  None of my business.  It's a performance and that's fine if that's what you're in to or who you are.  YOu're reading to kids and for me that's aces.

Does that mean my kid has to be there?  No.  If they wanted to go, sure I'd take them.  They're interested in story time cool.  I approve wanting to read or helping kids read.  

I don't really care if it's in a library or school because it's a performance.  I can separate it.  I know my kids aren't in danger for someone reading to them.  It's not the bible.

The way a person identifies, performs, acts or who they love and what they believe in affects me not at all.  About the same as the guy in front of me getting banana peppers on their sub at the sub shop

• Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, stawns said:

the only people sexualizing this whole thing are the people protesting against it........and that's weird and gross.  If a preson is actively campaigning against the human rights of another person, that IS repression.

No child gets hormone treatment wiithout a guardian and doctor (usually a team of medical docs and psychologists).

Parents have more access to their child's education than anytime in the history of public education.  We, literally, had a parent meet and greet this morning at our school.  We are always meeting and communicating with any parent who wants it.

That's the only counter argument and counter protest that should be needed. If the parents are worried about SOGI, they should be a LOT more worried about what their friends can find on their phones!

• Vintage 3

Just now, ronthecivil said:

That's the only counter argument and counter protest that should be needed. If the parents are worried about SOGI, they should be a LOT more worried about what their friends can find on their phones!

100%

Parents give their teens phones but freak out that apparently teachers might educate their kids or that their kids will learn to be understanding of others.  Meanwhile their 14 year old is sending naked photos and chatting up random strangers online and they don't care enough to check or supervise it

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That's just it.  For me, drag is a performance.  You look over the top?  K cool.  So does Molly the circus clown, or the make up influencer on instagram.  It's your role.  That's your schtick I get it.  None of my business.  It's a performance and that's fine if that's what you're in to or who you are.  YOu're reading to kids and for me that's aces.

Does that mean my kid has to be there?  No.  If they wanted to go, sure I'd take them.  They're interested in story time cool.  I approve wanting to read or helping kids read.  

I don't really care if it's in a library or school because it's a performance.  I can separate it.  I know my kids aren't in danger for someone reading to them.  It's not the bible.

The way a person identifies, performs, acts or who they love and what they believe in affects me not at all.  About the same as the guy in front of me getting banana peppers on their sub at the sub shop

I would just as soon clowns, make up artists, etc. be limited to drama class if you have one.

Rest of the time dress and act professionally! It's not a high bar!

1 minute ago, ronthecivil said:

I would just as soon clowns, make up artists, etc. be limited to drama class if you have one.

Rest of the time dress and act professionally! It's not a high bar!

Like I said, doesn't affect me at all.  I don't yuck other peoples yums.

Just show up to work, do your job and do it with a modicum of professionalism.

Can't believe how much I am agreeing with you today 😅

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Most of us?

WTF lol.

Dead is dead mate stop using it as some sort of win that's gross.  Meanwhile you say you'll pray for us which suggests you support molesting kids or hiding child abuse in the church.

You watch us drive?  You have an interest in kids genitals?  Man you are really outing yourself as some sort of perverse creep dude.

I like how you resort to sarcasm instead of acknowledging that this world is going to hell in a hand basket.

I'm not even religious but most religious people are kind hearted people. 

A few perverted priests hide behind the cross... are you telling me there isn't some perverted trannies hiding behind the rainbow going into the little girl's bathroom???

If anyone needs anything... you need Jesus.