Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, stawns said:

It's none of your business what parents do with their own kids.  You dont believe in it, so don't do it, easy peasy.  

Kids are encouraged to do this behind parents backs. Don't you get it?

Not wanting your children indoctrinated by [removed], ill willed transgenders is not hateful, and protesting it is not a hate rally.

Edited by Sharpshooter
Nope
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inspector BlakeQuinn said:

Not wanting your children indoctrinated by [removed], ill willed transgenders is not hateful, and protesting it is not a hate rally.

the way you are framing this just isn't true. Where are you hearing this? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Not true at all.  I have 3 teachers in my family, and all tell me this is 100 percent false. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

We're a community school, in the sense that we don't have busses.....everyone walks or rides bikes to school and that brings a certain familiarity and security within our community.  Parents are on the grounds before and after school and interact with teachers and admin regularly.  

Any fear comes from worrying about the parents who stand on the sidewalk and yell "groomer" at us while we do supervision.

We had one parent, during covid" screaming "murderers" at us because of masks.

man this topic really engages the lizard brain fear centre. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

And I don't get it.  Even if you don't support it, you should at least support a person's right to be who they want to be.  Same with abortion......you don't need to support abortion to support a person's right to do what they want with their body.

"someone is out to get your kid" - engages every parent instantly. Some to the point where it's hard to think straight. 

I don't think this is a topic where we can yell our way out of it, people who have been freaked out by the messaging need to be engaged with, imo, if they are willing to talk. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

"someone is out to get your kid" - engages every parent instantly. Some to the point where it's hard to think straight. 

I don't think this is a topic where we can yell our way out of it, people who have been freaked out by the messaging need to be engaged with, imo, if they are willing to talk. 

Well, with all due respect, I don't think it'll be teachers engaging these people.  We're sick to death of being attacked and we're fed up

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

On 9/19/2023 at 7:44 AM, Bob Long said:

damn, this could get tense. Explains why the G20 trip was awkward.

Trudeau says ‘credible allegations’ link Indian government to killing on Canadian soil

CNN — 

There are “credible allegations” linking India’s government to the assassination of a Canadian citizen and prominent Sikh leader, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau alleged on Monday.

“Over the past number of weeks, Canadian security agencies have been actively pursuing credible allegations of a potential link between agents of the government of India and the killing of a Canadian citizen Hardeep Singh Nijjar,” said Trudeau, adding his government would take all steps necessary ‘“to hold perpetrators of this murder to account.”

Nijjar was a prominent Sikh leader in British Columbia, and according to local police, he was gunned down in his truck in June by two masked gunmen outside a Sikh temple in Surrey, BC.

His death both shocked and outraged the large Sikh community in Canada that now numbers in the hundreds of thousands.

India designated Niijar a terrorist threat several years ago, labeling him part of a separatist movement for Sikhism.

“Canada has declared its deep concerns to the top intelligence and security officials of the Indian government. Last week, at the G20, I brought them personally and directly to Prime Minister Modi in no uncertain terms. any involvement of a foreign government in the killing of a Canadian citizen on Canadian soil is an unacceptable violation of our sovereignty,” said Trudeau during his speech in parliament, saying this was an ‘extremely serious matter.’

Canadian police have not arrested anyone in connection with Niijar’s murder, but in an August update, police released a statement saying they were now investigating three possible suspects and issued a description of a possible getaway vehicle, asking for the public’s help.

CNN has reached out to the High Commission of India in Ottawa for comment but has not received a reply.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/18/americas/canada-hardeep-singh-nijjar-india-intl/index.html

Here is an excellent interview with someone presenting a perspective for both Punjabi and many specific minorities in India.

• Thanks 3

You're completely missing the boat here.  It's so much more than teaching.

Parents are being kept in the dark.

Kids should never be encouraged to take hormone therapy 

Absolutely agree. Of course that shouldn’t happen. But is that what today was about? Wasn’t today about acceptance of others, especially those of marginalized communities? I’m wondering if you might be conflating two different things here? 

Just now, Alflives said:

Absolutely agree. Of course that shouldn’t happen. But is that what today was about? Wasn’t today about acceptance of others, especially those of marginalized communities? I’m wondering if you might be conflating two different things here? 

That

Is

Not

Happening