Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

It was not just aged people who died from Covid in Florida or elsewhere.    The young fared fairly well but a lot of people over say 30 or 40 are now gone.   The young lost a lot of parents,

That's just not true. It went up every age group with the largest jump being from 40 to 50 (where they added 5 years of age data for some reason). 

This is exactly to be expected. Your statement rings false. Source CDC

image.thumb.png.624fcef69df4f99975d51cf76fa315b6.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

It's a strange new world. We're not supposed to make our own educated decisions based on our research. We are just supposed to blindly follow the government and big pharma because of social caring. 

Makes me feel right-wing to read that but I don't feel any other way. 

So true. Vaccinations were always one and done afaik, until the largely ineffective flu shots came along. I took those for a few years until I basically clued in (after getting the flu regardless). I see Pfizer stock is back to 2020 levels and less than 10% have taken the new shot so we are not alone, except for maybe here, lol.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Florida has one of the most aged populations on the planet, it would always be the most likely place that the most people would die, regardless of covid, the flu etc. 

If the COVID vaccines worked like they were preached, I would have gotten boosted. The current intake level would be very high and it is not, it is going the other direction. 

I am not anti-vaccines. I just do not believe any longer what we were being sold. Some still do (see responses to my post) and that is fine for them but considering everyone who only got two doses is no longer considered vaccinated the mentality you shouldn't interact in society is short-sighted and not based in reality. 

My mind can be changed. It just needs to be based in facts and science, not money and payouts. 

I know big pharma made some cash.   In this instance, I'm ok with it.   But who got the payouts?

Edited by Satchmo
typo

6 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

That's just not true. It went up every age group with the largest jump being from 40 to 50 (where they added 5 years of age data for some reason). 

Maybe we just have a different definition of 'a lot'.   

1 minute ago, MightyCPC said:

So true. Vaccinations were always one and done afaik, until the largely ineffective flu shots came along. I took those for a few years until I basically clued in (after getting the flu regardless). I see Pfizer stock is back to 2020 levels and less than 10% have taken the new shot so we are not alone, except for maybe here, lol.

All the vaccines I looked into were almost one-and-done. Some required boosters years down the road, one more time for diseases far more devastating than COVID. COVID required 2 to 4 boosters a year for a disease you need a test in many cases to even know you have? 

Regardless, Rubella, mumps, chicken pox etc I will get my kids vaccinated against using vector vaccines. There are no vectors for covid (which seems strange after 3 years). I believe there are a few that use Adenovirus but that is what they use for the flu, so I will wait. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You should always educate yourself but you should also talk to a dcotor and even get a 2nd opinion if you are concerned.

Doctors are experts and can interpret/explain or debunk if needed, any online reseach you come across.

I think this latest exchange just shows that its not possible to have a rational discussion on this anymore with a certain group of folks. It is what it is. 

Watching people "do their own research" and convince themselves of what they wanted to think is just a battle thats too hard to take on, and frankly not worth it. 

I just hope we don't get a moron like Poilievere in to cause more harm. But most of the rules are provincial and I trust BC's government to act appropriately, but the CPC-fed activists will do all they can to be a pain in everyones asses again. 

Hopefully tho its all academic now, and we don't see another pandemic for another 100 years. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Go back and reread @Satchmos post. This graphic proves his statement, not yours.

When it comes to deaths, most reasonable people would consider 20k to be a lot....

1 hour ago, MightyCPC said:

JT who wants to put a target on Canada's back every time he opens his mouth. The people he sucks up to in Europe think he's a joke.

Hi,

I see you're still in the thread.

Can you answer to this?

JT has lost support, that is no doubt. But I see these statements and it seems a little like ' nobody likes him, all the cool kids think he is lame' in an effort to maybe pressure an individual into mob mentailty? I dunno, you might be right about some leaders in Europe...if you could answer...

I want change in leadership but at the same time I keep seeing reports that, vs the rest of the world, we are doing pretty good. Still one of the most desirable countries to move to, top of the G7 type stuff etc..

• Vintage 1

Renewed my mortgage the other day.  
Went up just over 800$ a month.  
Gas is up higher than ever. 
Cost of food has skyrocketed. 

Thank god we have Justin Trudeau at the helm, doing such a great fucking job keeping Canada affordable for us Canadians he loves so much. 

Im really glad he is our putting money into foreign wars instead of helping his country with it. 

Great job JT.  👍

2 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Sounds like Doctors were overpaid.  Sounds like nurses were underpaid.   Sounds like the AG noticed it and brought it to light.

Sounds wrong but doesn't point to a large conspiracy.

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

Thank god we have Justin Trudeau at the helm, doing such a great fucking job keeping Canada affordable for us Canadians he loves so much. 

Im really glad he is our putting money into foreign wars instead of helping his country with it. 

Great job JT.  👍

Does the gov set mortgage rates or the BOC?

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

Great job JT.  👍

Don't worry.   The day after PP is elected all those costs are going down.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Great job JT.  👍

why didn't you renew early when rates were low?

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Does the gov set mortgage rates or the BOC?

BOC is a crown Corp owned by the federal government.  
So BOC sets the rates, with the direction of the GOV. 

But let me guess.  
The liberals have zero to do with the insane rise in the cost of living?

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Don't worry.   The day after PP is elected all those costs are going down.

No, he is a fucking goof and a mouth piece.  

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Sounds like Doctors were overpaid.  Sounds like nurses were underpaid.   Sounds like the AG noticed it and brought it to light.

Sounds wrong but doesn't point to a large conspiracy.

no, they were paid according to the OHIP physician payment rules (https://www.ontario.ca/document/resources-for-physicians/physician-payment).

There's nothing devious going on here. Its what they make. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

They haven’t been low in a long time homie. 

ok homie. I locked in for 10 years when they were 2%.  

There were many chances to lock in long term, if people were paying attention. 

Its not Trudeau's responsibility to watch the market for you. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

BOC is a crown Corp owned by the federal government.  
So BOC sets the rates, with the direction of the GOV. 

But let me guess.  
The liberals have zero to do with the insane rise in the cost of living?

Oh thanks.

My post above of your first post, I mentioned I want a change in leadership so I dont know why you are asking me about the libs and cost of living.

What I am still hoping for...to address your complaints..

- is less nimbyism with municipalities and perhaps have the provincial gov step in and take the development rights away from the cities...open up crown land...cut development red tape and requirments...

- shop local, and keep pushing for breaking up the big 5 grocery groups...think the feds are looking into this, no?

- gas prices are stupid, I would like the gov to try to control the big corps but I have no idea what goes on there...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

ok homie. I locked in for 10 years when they were 2%.  

There were many chances to lock in long term, if people were paying attention. 

Its not Trudeau's responsibility to watch the market for you. 

That’s awesome for you. 
First time home buyers don’t get those options.  

Ahhhhh.  I just realized who you are.  
You ran away from CDC, but you are back and riding the same crap.  

Im going to go ahead and put you back on block.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh thanks.

My post above of your first post, I mentioned I want a change in leadership so I dont know why you are asking me about the libs and cost of living.

What I am still hoping for...to address your complaints..

- is less nimbyism with municipalities and perhaps have the provincial gov step in and take the development rights away from the cities...open up crown land...cut development red tape and requirments...

- shop local, and keep pushing for breaking up the big 5 grocery groups...think the feds are looking into this, no?

- gas prices are stupid, I would like the gov to try to control the big corps but I have no idea what goes on there...

Sorry.  My bad. 
Huge amount of lib folks here think if you don’t love JT, you must be a conservative asshole.  Lol.  
I dislike the cons as much as the libs. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

no, they were paid according to the OHIP physician payment rules (https://www.ontario.ca/document/resources-for-physicians/physician-payment).

There's nothing devious going on here. Its what they make. 

Yikes Bob, you don't expect me to read that thing do you?  😀    I responded to to the article he linked. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

That’s awesome for you. 
First time home buyers don’t get those options.  

Ahhhhh.  I just realized who you are.  
You ran away from CDC, but you are back and riding the same crap.  

Im going to go ahead and put you back on block.  

you said "renewed".