Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

53 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Less people are getting the vax, because the virus has mutated to the point of much less lethality.

The older folk will likely continue to get vaxed, and those of us with older friends and relatives will also likely get the jab.

But we were told that mutations can get worse at anytime and do. 

I do not believe your stated reason for people getting the vax less. I think it was a combination of not needing it to travel anymore and almost no peer-reviewed papers stating that getting it exponentially results in a higher chance of survival from a virus that killed less than 2% of the population and almost 0% of anyone that was healthy. For most, it started out from fear, then travel, then research, then multiple infections (ineffective) then terrible news and information, then questions of degraded immune systems and so on. 

One of the worst roll outs of anything in history. 

12 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

JT is going to need every proportion he can find, I think it will be a combination of vote rigging etc.

You're really underestimating just how many people will do anything to ensure vermin like PP are not allowed to destroy the country.  Many will hold their noses and vote for whatever candidate keeps that terrorist loving parasite out office.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MightyCPC said:

I would not be willing to be a guinea pig for a new vaccine again unless the disease is actually dangerous, by that I mean worse than the flu for my demographic.

Coronavirus vs. Flu Deaths­

COVID-19: Current COVID-19 deaths*

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

The COVID-19 situation continues to change, sometimes rapidly. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19. At present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu.

*This information comes from the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases map developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

• Thanks 1

Just now, 5forFighting said:

I mean, there's always some people that get charged for vote rigging every election cycle. 

Sure but it's never even come close to effecting an outcome . And the fact that we know about it should give you confidence.

Edited by Bob Long

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Coronavirus vs. Flu Deaths­

COVID-19: Current COVID-19 deaths*

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

The COVID-19 situation continues to change, sometimes rapidly. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19. At present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu.

*This information comes from the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases map developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

Rupe, you're letting facts get in the way of their narrative... :hurhur:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

I mean, there's always some people that get charged for vote rigging every election cycle. 

Really?

In very rare cases, people get charged with voting illegally, but that's not the same thing as actually "rigging" an election.

What are your thoughts on this? I know how subversive CBC is so i watched it to the end. It's a hit piece on Buffy St.Marie, they seem to be victim blaming on behalf of a pedophile. Another thing i find ironic is the government just alotted 22 billion in reparations to natives, looks like this show is more about those fat 'social science' professors defending their government honey pot more than it does with Buffy St.Marie's life. Disgusting display by the CBC hosted by a Hunter Biden lookalike.

8 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

What are your thoughts on this? I know how subversive CBC is so i watched it to the end. It's a hit piece on Buffy St.Marie, they seem to be victim blaming on behalf of a pedophile. Another thing i find ironic is the government just alotted 22 billion in reparations to natives, looks like this show is more about those fat 'social science' professors defending their government honey pot more than it does with Buffy St.Marie's life. Disgusting display by the CBC hosted by a Hunter Biden lookalike.

One interesting thing here is, she was adopted by a first Nations family.... So why doesn't that count?

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

One interesting thing here is, she was adopted by a first Nations family.... So why doesn't that count?

I heard that going around, its not true. She was 100% Cree and was adopted by a white/Italian 'Christian' family in Mass. They are saying she is lying about that, showed some suspect documents from 80 years ago and act like the government did nothing wrong by selling her to a pedophile.