Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

FYI, I voted for Trudeau in 2015.  That may shock some of you.  I wanted change just as much as anyone.  So, you can't really call me a Trudeau hater.  I voted for him and had confidence he would fix things.  My confidence has been shaken and I no longer trust the Trudeau government. 

I voted for the Liberals when they were supporting voting reform and marijuana legalization. They got half right...which I suppose is pretty good for government 😂 We both have that stain on our voting record 😜

As a voter, I have a right to change my mind.  I am not saying that I am a PP supporter or that he is going to fix everything.  However, I am not willing to give the Liberals another chance.  We need change.  Voters eventually get tired of every PM.  There is a shelf life for all of them.

You certainly do have that right, as do all Canadians. I'd even agree that it's probably time for a leadership change (in all three major parties! 🤣). I question the logic in voting for an even worse party and leader though. Cutting off your nose to spite your face and all that. "These guys are bad! I'm going to vote for these even worse guys over here... for change!"

Remember, that "change" can always be getting fucked even harder, with less lube in the arse, by our government. Vote for change! lol

And my opinion is not in the minority here.  If an election were held today, PP would win in a landslide.  So, you can't call the majority of Canadians idiots or Trudeau haters.  Simply put, we have had enough and want change.  If the Liberals are smart, they would dump Trudeau and Freeland and find someone else to lead the party.  Chretien resigned and put Paul Martin in charge and it worked.  At least for a time.  If the Liberals can find a new leader and a new voice, then people like myself might change our minds with the Liberal party.  

I can call the majority of Canadians ill-informed, reactionary and emotional. Because they are.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Pensions- this was the issue that caused the last legal/illegal strike at the Ferries. Company wanted to take the employees' out of the public sector plan-and 'borrow' the money to buy new ships.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/cupe-members-burn-pages-of-collective-agreement-in-response-to-higgs/vi-AA1kJQiF?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f22820d7cc924f51a2e63ced1a18c5d6&ei=68

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I voted for the Liberals when they were supporting voting reform and marijuana legalization. They got half right...which I suppose is pretty good for government 😂 We both have that stain on our voting record 😜

You certainly do have that right, as do all Canadians. I'd even agree that it's probably time for a leadership change (in all three major parties! 🤣). I question the logic in voting for an even worse party and leader though. Cutting off your nose to spite your face and all that. "These guys are bad! I'm going to vote for these even worse guys over here... for change!"

Remember, that "change" can always be getting fucked even harder, with less lube in the arse, by our government. Vote for change! lol

I can call the majority of Canadians ill-informed, reactionary and emotional. Because they are.

I will never vote for a party that want to make ALL vaccines  optional and have openly racist members .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

'Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions'

Not a knock to you, just a shout to @Ilunga with that song lyric.

I am similar to you in that I voted for the Libs in 2015. Not since.

I'm not sure which direction that I will go next. I think it is well time to move on from JT, but i cannot trust PP and the Cons. 

I do not share your opinion on Freeland though. I think she has done well.

" The benevolent and wise are being thwarted, ostracized what a bummer "

• ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Whatever.....

.....at least he didn't do it in blackface, or change the words to the national anthem....:classic_dry:

FYI: The original lyric to the 1908 version of “O Canada” was “Thou dost in us command.” Was changed to “All Thy Sons” in 1914. So for you traditionalists, Robert Stanley Weir’s original lyric was, in fact, gender-neutral. pic.twitter.com/AHq6CUOpQw

— David Akin 🇨🇦 (@davidakin) February 1, 2018

And man......the blackface thing was common back them.  Not right but common

Edited by The Arrogant Worms

5 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

FYI: The original lyric to the 1908 version of “O Canada” was “Thou dost in us command.” Was changed to “All Thy Sons” in 1914. So for you traditionalists, Robert Stanley Weir’s original lyric was, in fact, gender-neutral. pic.twitter.com/AHq6CUOpQw

— David Akin 🇨🇦 (@davidakin) February 1, 2018

And man......the blackface thing was common back them.  Not right but common

499377.jpg.da4b1bba0af2c5a6dd3f6058fc0dc298.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

The tunnel vision and blinders is why. It's embarrassing to watch people praise one and vilify the other just because they play for a different "team"

...and a different country even.

the kids used to call what yer doin a 'whataboutism'

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1