Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

21 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

So by your own logic Joe Biden is a racist. Would you agree?

This seemed have all started with this post.  Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't get it.

What was said to imply anybody thought Biden was a racist?  Or if that's what you think, what makes you think so?

Edited by Satchmo
typo

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

This seemed have all started with this post.  Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't get it.

What was said to imply anybody thought Biden was a racist?  Or if that's what you think, what makes you think so?

My guess would be a comment that JB made early in the election campaign....

I don't recall the exact words, but it went something like "If you're voting Republican, you ain't black".....

It was a poor choice of words and of course, the usual suspects called it racist.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I don't recall the exact words, but it went something like "If you're voting Republican, you ain't black".....

It was a poor choice of words and of course, the usual suspects called it racist.

He's said a whole host of things people would consider racist in the 50 years he's been in politics. I just want to see the same energy brought for everyone. You can't tell me Pierre Poilievre is racist then try to argue to me that Joe "I don't want my children growing up in a racial jungle" Biden isn't. That's all. I know it's Canadian politics thread, I just dislike the hypocrisy.

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

7 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

He's said a whole host of things people would consider racist in the 50 years he's been in politics. I just want to see the same energy brought for everyone. You can't tell me Pierre Poilievre is racist then try to argue to me that Joe "I don't want my children growing up in a racial jungle" Biden isn't. That's all. I know it's Canadian politics thread, I just dislike the hypocrisy.

So if I feel that some of the people in the Conservative party are likely racist, I must also mention Democrats and/or Liberals because you feel Biden is racist?  Otherwise I am a hypocrite?   I can't agree with that one.  I fully support your right to your own opinion but that sounds like an unwarranted restriction to mine.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

So if I feel that some of the people in the Conservative party are likely racist, I must also mention Democrats and/or Liberals because you feel Biden is racist?  Otherwise I am a hypocrite?   I can't agree with that one.  I fully support your right to your own opinion but that sounds like an unwarranted restriction to mine.

That's not what I'm saying. My problem is the hypocrisy and tribalism. Like the accusation that Pierre Poilievre is racist is a perfect example of that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

That's not what I'm saying. My problem is the hypocrisy and tribalism. Like the accusation that Pierre Poilievre is racist is a perfect example of that. 

I see no hypocrisy.  I do see tribalism.   We are all in one tribe or another.   That's what people do.  

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

That Biden gaph reminded me of my white sister in Negril, Jamaica 🇯🇲 at a market with her Jamaican husband..we are the offspring of Scandinavian and UK roots.. she says "I am scared look at all the minorities!" And grabbed his arm... he shoved her away and said really loud "the only honky I see here is your white ass..pshhh minorities...." jokingly trying to get her in trouble with the locals. My sister isn't racist, but man was she dumb in that moment.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

So what you are saying is that because someone called Pollievre a racist, they're being a hypocrite if they don't also call someone else a racist, even if that someone else is completely unrelated to the discussion and the topic? :classic_huh:

13 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So what you are saying is that because someone called Pollievre a racist, they're being a hypocrite if they don't also call someone else a racist, even if that someone else is completely unrelated to the discussion and the topic? :classic_huh:

A hypocrite because Poilievre is obviously not a racist. The bar is soo low for an accusation like that these days it is ridiculous. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

A hypocrite because Poilievre is obviously not a racist. The bar is soo low for an accusation like that these days it is ridiculous. 

Where's the post that says PP is racist?   If there is one I think you should speak out to the poster who made the comment.

8 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

If you think the poster that made that claim is wrong, that's one thing, but making an incorrect statement doesn't make on a "hypocrite".

Obviously that's not the point you were making. Either that, or you don't understand what hypocrite means.

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

If you think the poster that made that claim is wrong, that's one thing, but making an incorrect statement doesn't make on a "hypocrite".

Obviously that's not the point you were making. Either that, or you don't understand what hypocrite means.

No it does not

How they come to their conclusion of him being a racist is what I find hypocritical 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Who is 'they' and what does it have to do with the rest of us?

Below

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Poilievre is on record spewing ethnic slurs in the House of Commons.  Not sure how people are still defending this bigot despite his track record of racism.

This poster isn't the only one with this particular attitude, they just seem to be the worst 

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

This poster isn't the only one with this particular attitude, they just seem to be the worst 

I'm still wondering about the what does it have to do with the rest of us part.  You gotta admit you came in with guns blazing and seemed to be calling everyone a hypocrite.

I think I'm done on this one though.  Over and out and go Canucks go.

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm still wondering about the what does it have to do with the rest of us part.  You gotta admit you came in with guns blazing and seemed to be calling everyone a hypocrite.

I think I'm done on this one though.  Over and out and go Canucks go.

There is no rest of us. I only asked that particular person. I will admit that. In my defense though, I had a couple different people quoting me 🤷

Cheers.

Go Canucks